What does everyone do for a job?

1235»

Comments

• I'm a doctor, I love my job (anaesthetics) but it has two major downsides

- dangerous to tell people my job. NO I DO NOT WANT TO LOOK AT YOUR RASH OR HEAR ABOUT YOUR BUMHOLE PROBLEM.

- close contact with the great British public, hence my current enforced rest due to Norovirus.
  • I'm a freelance researcher (art/architecture/archaeology) and translator.

I would like to be a web designer.

• Day job HR for a big uk baised company and moon light as a festival arty type gimp and event organiser. 

• In a totally uninspiring job working in a large bank. Rely on lunch time running to keep me sane image

• I am nobody, just a mother. Unemployed for last 9 years.

• chloella wrote (see)
    I'm a doctor, I love my job (anaesthetics) but it has two major downsides

- dangerous to tell people my job. NO I DO NOT WANT TO LOOK AT YOUR RASH OR HEAR ABOUT YOUR BUMHOLE PROBLEM.

- close contact with the great British public, hence my current enforced rest due to Norovirus.

*shows bumhole* Just have a quick peep at this fissureimage

• acdcgirl wrote (see)

I am nobody, just a mother. Unemployed for last 9 years.

Then you are the most important person in the world. And if you've been raising a child for nine years I guarantee you have been working.

• acdcgirl.... +1 for what LB says image

• chloella wrote (see)
    I'm a doctor, I love my job (anaesthetics) but it has two major downsides

I get, 'Can you look at my.. [*insert body part]'

Or they tell me about previous back pain / orthopaedic injuries, shoulder dislocations while playing against Jonny Wilkinson etc image

• I used to sell my body but couldnt pay the morgage! on the plus side I used to get loads of spare time. So I got a proper job as a firefighter, still cant pay the morgage but still get plenty of spare time!

• Hello!  How is everybody?  I hope you all are well!  I'm curious about something.  I'm an American who is currently in England for the next couple of weeks.  A dream of mine is to be able to live and work here.  However, there are many places who will not hire me unless I already have a work permit, and I am unable to get one unless I have a job.  Last time I inquired about this on here, some people said that it would be better/easier for me if I'm already here.  Now that I'm here for a little while, it's still a bit difficult seeking employers who are willing to sponsor me for a visa.  Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go or what jobs to look for who are willing to sponsor me?  Thanks so much!!image

• What I do - I'm in HR . What I'm working towards - is retirement.

And, no, MT, unfortunately I can't help you, I'm in Germany. Same rules apply  unless you are a member of the EU community. An American can stay here up to 90 days, if you still don't have a job then you have to leave or be deported.

• Heghan what sort of skills do you have? there are a few jobs in the uk but not much outside london that isn't ever highly skilled or manual work. If you don't mind where you will be living I'd search the the internet and also job agencies and see what you come up with.

• IT dull image I babysit networks n servers n general infrastructure for a UK manufacturing group. 

• Hi Cake!  That's great! London is where I want to be anyway!  I graduate with a BS in Communications so I have skills and experience with working in radio stations both on air and behind the scenes and teaching English as a second language as my last job was teaching ESL in China for a year.  I also have skills and experience in the dance field both teaching and performing.  

• Web developer for a large telecoms company. Future goals? Continue being a huge nerd.