The London Ride thing next August on the Olympic course

Likely to be good or just a charidee fest

Comments

• Don't know but I've paid my ballot money.... image
  • I'm in the ballot. Box Hill is peasy. And half of it is downhill.

• With 20,000 riders I think it'll be incredibly crowded even with their best efforts to put people in appropriate waves at the start.

• Dustboy corner will be errr interesting, esp if there's lots of people not used to riding in groups. I think you should plan another date DBimage

• Er...4.19 ninja you holding all night parties again?

I've entered, can see it being a massive cake and arse party but hey.

• Yup, I'm signed up for it image

• LN, hey, I could flame out spectacularly on my corner and bugger up the race! LOL

• At 48 quid, no thanks.

• I am in the ballot. The charity I am running the london marathon for offered me a place if i will pledge another massive chunk of money. Since I have already pledged more than i can raise (it seems) to get in to the VLM I passed on the offer. 

There will be a shed load of charity riders there - it is being offered to all the usual suspects (BHF etc). I reckon it could be quite 'interesting' if there are less experienced riders attempting it on their BMX bikes image Some of those roads around boxhill are very narrow.

• ps. boxhill is not that hard. Even i can ride up it.

• Flat Foo..ted wrote (see)

Er...4.19 ninja you holding all night parties again?

I've entered, can see it being a massive cake and arse party but hey.

Hmmm I wish image

Dustboy wrote (see)

LN, hey, I could flame out spectacularly on my corner and bugger up the race! LOL

Go on go on go on. Umm don't damage any bikes in the process please.

• Eh what ?   What ride is this - anyone got a link ?  

20k people is a lot if there are no big mountains to split it up early on (which admittedly would be difficult near London) but if they stagger the start sufficiently should be doable - sufficiently being over 3-4 hours or so.

• Im looking at doing this image

DB, would you like to join forces and arrange an Introduction to the Surrey Hills newbie ride later in the year, perhaps November?

• Popsider - it's Ride London 100   At the moment the info says riders will be set off between 0600-0800, must be able to complete the course "within around 9 hours in order to finish safely in advance of the RideLondon Classic finish and ride safely within a large group."

Can't help thinking that it'll be as crowded and potentially dangerous as the London-Brighton.

• I reckon it will be worse because lots of people will be trying to get a fast time. Zig zag rd + thousands of people = madness. Still I will give it a go if I get a space image May wear my mountain bike body protection though! image

• If you're riding with Barlos you need a full Kevlar bodysuit image

• I thinnk intro/beginners guide to the Surrey Hills is a deffo Barlos, be honoured to sort with you though I did promise Soupy she could lead up Combe, she's earned that!

Dates available? Fairy help? Fairy attendance???

Wonder if we could tempt his Smiffiness out to join us?

• Fairy attendance is highly likely, subject to dates image

Edited to add - my availability for November is good except for 11 November.  I have also put my name down provisionally on Not The Ridgeway thread for November, but this would be higher priority

• I've just entered the ballot for this. Could be fun I reckon - surely I can do 9 hours. image

• I've entered the ballot for this but 20 thousand is a lot of people. If it's too slow going(because of people, not because I'm fastimage) I'm going to divert off homeimage