Sub 1:40 club at Windsor

...And me...
Just thought I'd get us together for a pre match team talk. Come on. We can do it. 7:30 min miling will get us in at 1:37:30. No slackers in our team. <Shall we have a group hug before hand!>

Comments

• Edit button, edit button...Venom, I apologise for calling you Venon!
  • I am feeling more and more positive about this! Hope I don't crawl in, in the end!!!

Team spirit is fine, just so long as we don't get all 'I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here' and keep on kissing each other!
  • We could all tail gate each other!!! Like a snake weaving through the masses!
  • Did I mention kissing, Jon? I don't think so. Seriously, after running last night with a fellow club runner, I realised it helps me to run with (or near) someone to keep the pace going...
  • oh... ok (look of glaszed disappointment on my face, shoulders slumped forwards)
  • Jon, My feelings towards you are motherly... I can't speak for Venom, Brendon, Little Fill, and Spans
  • Ok... I think I can get over this with time!

I'm a little wary about jetting off to fast a the start, so it'd be good for others to keep a rein on me (so you can be motherly then!)
  • Just hold onto my apron strings Jon!
  • This sounds like an Unofficial RW pacing group.
    Snicks are you gonna hold a giant lolly up with 1.40 on ? ;-)
  • Snicks, I foolishly had it in mind to follow your apron strings, but I think its too big a leap for me. What time do you reckon now?
  • BK, it might be a bit of a leap for me, too. Sub 1:40 is what I'm aiming for, even though everyone is telling me not to race it, etc, due to doing Dublin on the 28th.
    Cougie, I like the lolly idea. Everyone in my pacing group has to wear romper suits!
  • Realise the romper suit thing makes me more Madame Snicks, than mummy snicks... right, back to work!
  • Snicks, I'll certainly run with you if you like. Jon, isn't your 10k time in the 41 - 42 region? In that case, you should certainly be able to go sub 1:40.

Based on my 10k time of 43:26 last week (sorry, I had to mention that again!), Bob Glover's tables predict 1:36 or so. But I haven't run since Sunday (tube strikes Tues and Weds meant I got home late and tired) and I've just come down with a stinking cold, so we'll see.

But a group of us running at constant 7:30 pace sounds good to me. Count me in.

venom
  • This sounds good as 7:30 would be ideal for me for at least the first 10 miles. Do you mind if I join you. I managed 74:20 for 10 miles at the Great South Run but if I fold as badly as I did at the Burnham Beeches half then I'll lose you all at the end
  • I'll try and be there with you too, but if this cold persists I think that I might be aiming for a sub 2hr instead!

Also I think that that rules out the kissing as well, unless anyone wants to join me in my misery...
  • Definitely join us BK, we'll drag you round. No dropping out in the last few miles allowed though :-)

Spans, I'm with you in cold misery. Very tempted to take tomorrow off work ill to give myself a chance to recover.

venom
  • Thanks, hope you both feel better soon
  • Hi Venom, yes, you're right, but bearing in mind it's my first half I am not entirely sure as to my capabilities!!! I'll jsut have to see. I don't really want to put any more pressure on myself than I already have done, so I thought 'lets be realistic Jon!'
  • We might look like a pack of wolves if we stick together!!!
  • Do wolves wear romper suits ?
  • Only those with really good dress sense!
  • Did anyone see that documentary about men who dress up as babies for kicks...? It's a strange world
  • Sorry but I have to draw the line at that Snicks. Are we all running in club colours?
  • Yeah, but didn't snicks ask you to wear blue and yellow nappy and bib aswell?
  • Club colours - oh yes. My new club vest will be getting its first ever airing. Have to say it's a tad skimpier than the other vests I've got - hope it's not too cold on Sunday!

Are people stopping around for a few beers afterwards, or are we going to be all civilised like after the Jubilee run and stick to coffee and biscuits!
  • If Snoop permits I might have a jar or two... Thats if he's taking me home aswell as taking me there!!!!!
  • I was going to bring some SMA and Rusks, if anyone's interested (sorry BK)...
  • Prefer REAL milk... Won't go there
  • No, Jon! Now that really is enough. Club colours is it then!
  • How can I be repremanded for talking about real milk! Dairy Crest etc... What did you think I meant?