Friday 14th September 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - A finger points to show a scene

A bad swim session Blisters? I love my elastic laces. £5 well invested.

AF - what bike do you have? The bike I did my first tri on was a secondhand mtb. It's Abingdon marathon for me.

Can't help on the technical front I'm afraid but not an issue I have using IE.

What:           30 mins easy or rest
Why:            I should probably have a rest day
Last hard:     sleeping with the high winds
Last rest:      29/8

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• morning all
    still won't get me over to the dark side, but I do like hearing of your exploits...so good luck for the weekend Wabo!
    Bikes? I still have my 1997 £75 offroader , but took it out last week and I think I'll stick with the boris bikes for now. 

Yesterday turned into a short few bursts of speed an easy jogging...
    went to the club for the easy run, but owing to post Olympic euphoria, we had a record number of U11s in attendance (not to mention ~25 11-15yr olds wanting to join in the 'assessment' group).
    We decided to split the U11s (school years 3-6) into 5 groups given there were between 80-90 in total - regular attendees who were given a tough session by one of our senior track athletes, and the others into year groups. I get year 6. Some speed intervals, followed by some relays.
    Made a change and I think I'll be helping for a few more weeks to come. Sure we'll get some drop out but great to see so many wanting to give it a try.

Today - day off work, so heading out in 10 minutes for a ~12 miler. Going over the fields, canal and see where the wind takes me.....
    Why - because I can

lyric- I think so

enjoy the crunchies 

• what: pack and get ready for the boat to Aberdeen tonight.

Why: off to Edinburgh in the Lake District with Langdale half on the 22nd

(why not: still pretty windy and 7 hour boat journey!)

Last hard:Tuesday  4th

last rest: Wednesday

lyrics: no

• LMH Weight loss easy, don't drink alcohol, don't eat much and spend at least two hours a day doing aerobic exercise! certainly makes one hell of a difference when cycling uphill.

Blisters: all my running shoes not just the ones I wear for Tri have elastic laces, fanatstic bits of kit.

Tom: Come and try the dark side?

AF My bike(s) cost a bit more than 50 pounds but I doubt they have made me that much faster.

What: 102K across the desert in a smidgeon over 3 hours, average 33.3KPH. 670M of climbing. Was alright for first two hours, bit hot and humid by the end.
    Why: Its Friday, its the weekend, Its cooling down
    Last hard: That was
    last Rest: Some time past

Have fun 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

those Boris bikes seem pretty good dustin!

what: 21.75 miles in on bike, so thats pleasing!

why: well I am pretty confident I can do the swim and bike part sunday...

last hard: this morning

last easy: yesterday

I did go out with the beginners  at the running club and plan was t o speed walk at the back, I must admit to jogging a few bits.  Ankle felt ok.    I really need to move on now and do whatever it takes to avoid all these flipping niggles!

Have a good one all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh when is abingdon?

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • "road" bike is a Townsend York,  50 quid from local paper.  Panniers, front basket and stabilisers extra. image  Just off for a jog marginally faster than I can cycle and in the opposite direcion to which I swim.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    DD/AF I too have a road bike. I last used it regularly back in 2007 when I was waiting for the operation on my cartilage. Unfortunately I kept falling off it.

Dustin: It's always very heartening to see the response to Olympic success. It's true that many will fall by the wayside, but for a handfull of those early participants it will change their lives.

A very slow recovery run this morning to relieve my battered legs. I've always enjoyed the Friday run as I can leave my will power at home.

13m planned for tomorrow, another mile increase towards the goal of the 16 miler.

Have a good day all.
  • Afternoon!

No lyrics again!

What: gentle walk followed by stretches/walking backwards, then 3 x 40 seconds very sloow before bailing
    Why: calf just wasn't happy so it was not worth exceeding the limit of its endurance. Have probably spent too much time on my feet this week, this morning included, and last night I walked for about half an hour so perhaps I shouldn't even have put my kit on today! Anyway, you are never too old to learn.

PS I struggle to ride the exercise bike without falling off so am not in the least tempted by duathlons, triathlons or any other athlons.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Will power fully employed here to enforce a rest day image

Dustin - who knows what future stars you may be influencing?

Alehouse - hope it's just a cumulative effect and that your common sense in curtailing today's session will be enough to see it right.

October 21st Wabo.

OH - hope your boat is sailing.

DD - I often do that but don't see those sort of results!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Evening

Yesterdays lyrics: 'I drove all  night' by Roy Orbiston.

What:3M Easy

Why: I was out walking Geordie at 1:30am as he was 'needing' ! Never got up till 6am today.

Have a good weekend.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

no to the lyrics...

I have a full suspension mountain bike brought from a mate 3 weeks ago for £45... use it now every day for the commute from home to station, about 1.75m each way....

9.25m steady today

Take care

• No to the lyrics today. Again. But at least I have heard of yesterday's singer and recall the chorus of the song. That's more than can be said for lots of them.

Training? Limited due to saddle sore arse from the weekend. I think I must be the one with a week end. At least I could go swimming, and managed a full session, not a fast one, but achieved 80 lengths (2000m). Even my wife and large daughter were starting to acknowledge that I was trying. 57minutes for those not yet bored to tears.

I'm seriously considering putting my padded saddle on my skinny bike.