Options

Great North Run 2013

Comments

• Options

Shielsy great news and totally agree with your google comment

• Options

Evening all.

I had a similar thought, Shielsy.
    I'll have a look, but I don't think I have any. Did WTS not have a few?
    Great news from doc's for you.

Heading out for a gentle three miler soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Some great action shots of you at Monkton, Graham.

• Options

vixx - is there a marathon you are not trying to run - that 100 club will come quickly at this rate 

• Options

It won't - even at this rate I'll still be mid 40s.... :S

• Options

Forgot - can't do Loch Ness - too expensive at this point and Salsa can only get the Sat/Sun off guaranteed at this point, so am going to do Amsterdam instead, and Chester. Just need a couple more to get me to 20 total image

How was your burger and pint last night Bearsted?

• Options

Vixx - it was great and the duck tonight was even better. It would be nice thinking ahead to my mid 40's

• Options

Evening peeps!

Just popped in and only really read back on this page so sorry if I've missed anything major. Please let me know if I have.

Shielsy - my goodness, I bet you have been going through hell. Thank goodness all is ok.

Shrek - good luck with the x-ray. I hope you are still aiming to be ok for TR - it won't be the same without you.

I see you are still crazy, Vixx!!image

Karl - keep trying on here if you don't get an answer straight away, we always find people popping in a various times asking about accommodation, especially nearer the time.

Well I've finally had to give up trying to get leave for weekend so am gutted to say I'll definitely not be joining you all for Blaydon. I promise you I'll be there in spirit and will think of you all, and of course Mick. Have a Guinness for him from me please and I know he'll be looking after you all during the race!

Shielsy - I've had a trawl back through my photos. I can't remember who took it, but there was a great photo of him from our first curry night (the night he helped the staff with their fuses!!). I've changed my laptop since then so if it was one of mine, its lost I'm sorry, but hopefully someone can dig it out for you. 

• Options

Mandie - if you are about next week, I'll go for a run and a drink in Mick's memory?

• Options
    Graham LGraham L ✭✭✭

XL-man, so you've seen the Monkton photos? The 1500m was my first-ever track race and I really enjoyed the whole experience. I got a thrill running past the last lap bell, just like a proper athlete image. Can't wait for the next meeting, where I'll be having a go at the mile. 

• Options

Vixx, I thinks they are still accepting entries, just google shrewsbury Marathon. Maybe see There. If you do it's only about a mile from my house so can meet up here, let me know.

Mandy, I'd never dream of missing the thunder run. Loads of training is getting the strength back in the knee, just hope x ray doesn't discover anything more sinister ? 

Shielsy, so glad you ok image so mugh crap happens in this world thedays says. Big hugs 

been out for a 4.5 miler tonight and fgoo dodos, even managed a small sprint so trimester getting back on track a last.

• Options

Shrek - even if you have to walk TR24....... image

• Options

Mandie - I've found the photos I took from that first curry night with Mick.  I took a few photos but I'm not sure if anyone took any photos as well.

I'd love to find the pic of him dressed as Santa.

• Options

Fingers crossed for your knee improving and the x ray Shrek- I can't believe the TR will do it any harm at all image.  Just keep away from guy ropes etc...

• Options

What do you think of this, Shielsy.
    Happy to print you a copy if you would like.

/members/images/82532/Gallery/Mick.jpg

• Options

Thanks, Vixx.
    I hope the resolution of the photo is high enough to get a decent size of print. I'll have this on my back on Sunday, hopefully.

off to hit the hay now.
    Goodnight all.

• Options

XL - that's absolutely perfect!  Just what I had in mind.  I'd love a copy printed off if you could manage that.  Let me know if you think the resolution won't be good enough as I have other photos of Mick I could use with the same background ... though him running in his Sunderland colours is just the job.

Though it has made me tearful before 7am, which must be a record, even for me.

• Options
    Bob ParrBob Parr ✭✭✭

Not been on the forum for a while and just caught up.

Shielsy - So glad you've been given the all clear.

Vixx - Good luck for Luxembourg, hope you have fun.

I will be thinking of Mick and you all on Sunday "Gawn alang the Scotswood Road".  I did the Worthing 10K in my Mackem top again.  XL, I may print out that picture of Mick and transfer it on to the back of the Sunderland shirt.

Here's a picture of me before the race.

/members/images/430405/gallery/Worthing_Mackem.jpg

• Options

Hi everyone

I haven't been on here for AGES image so will have missed loads.

Shielsy, I'm sorry you seem to have been thrugh hell with worry, but so relieved you eventually got good news.

You wanted the photo of Mick dressed as Santa so.....

/members/images/116086/Gallery/MTM.jpg

It's not very good resolution but I hope it suits your purpose.

• Options

XL that's a great effort with the photo of him. I think there will be a few tears at the start of Blaydon.

• Options

WTS - that's the photo I was thinking of, well done for hunting it down.  I've saved it onto my computer now.

Bob - looking good there! (even if you are wearing a Sunderland shirt)

• Options

Good morning all.

I'm glad the tribute has gone down well. I think it's going to be OK for quality, Shielsy, as WTS has given me a copy of the photo. The attempt above used a screen grab from the video. I will print one off today and let you know how it looks. If it's OK, I'll run a few off, so anyone who would like to can have a print on Sunday.

Not sure if I should feel guilty or proud for helping you set that record, Shielsy image

• Options

Morning all image

Thanks Bob - well done on the Worthing 10k - did you have a good race?

I still need to get a Sunderland shirt, but I don't want 2 for 1 from the club shop :S

They are awesome pics of MtM image

I hope you all have a great race on Sunday - can someone have a Guinness for me too please?

• Options

Morning everyone

Just catching up.

Shielsy - Hope you are feeling better and really glad that it's nothing serious. image

Good luck to everyone doing Blaydon.

XL - If the resolution of your picture is 300dpi, you should be OK, if it's 72dpi, it will probably come out blurred and pixleated.

Vixx - Good luck in Luxembourg.

Shrek - good luck with the knee.

• Options

OK, the photo prints great at A4
    As I'm planning to do a few though, will A5 be OK - it looks good, and is clear enough to see and read.

I was thinking of copies for me, Pengwyn, Anne-Marie, Stoxy, Stringy, Mr sj, Fiona, Madmax, Am I missing anyone ?

• Options

Hi, lfc

it wasn't my picture. As I said, the first attempt used a screen grab. Thankfully the picture I got from WTS has come up OK.

How are you doing?

• Options

Not bad thanks XL, physio is pleased with my progress and my running is showing (small) signs of improvement. Looking forward to tonight's run, but I will have to remember to take a bottle with me this time.

How are things with you?

• Options

Pretty good thanks.

I have a permanent niggle in the Achiles at the moment, but it doesn't seem to be anything more than an irritation. Certainly didn't slow me down at Clive Cookson 10k last month, and I'm looking forward to trying to get back under 21 mins at parkrun on Saturday. Also have two 10ks and Blaydon this month image

Enjoy  your run tonight. I hope the improvements continue; don't rush things.

• Options

Which races other than Blaydon do you have this month, XL?

• Options

Hi Shielsy, I'm doing the Run Northumberland series again, so this month I have
    Bamburgh 10k on Sunday 16th and Kirkley Hall 10k on Sunday 30th image

Would like to go sub-45 in both