Options

Great North Run 2013

Comments

• Options

I was the only one round by me until I was half a mile from home and this idiot in badly worn trainers came sliding down the hill, ran out in front of a bus and nearly barrelled into me. I was glad I was nearly back then!

• Options

Brass Monkey cancelled. Ah well. 7 weeks till the Run Northumberland half. Thats next on my calendar.

• Options

Helsby half off tomorrow as well,few drinks in the pub now whilst watching the match.parkrun was a careful jog this morning,superb volunteers made it enjoyable though.

• Options

I'm soooooo pleased I didn't chance it and make the trip down to York now - I would have been on the train already before the decision to cancel was made.  I'm still a bit miffed at my brother for deciding to come up this weekend though ... I wouldn't have minded a weekend away in York anyway (at least my train tickets wouldn't have been wasted then).

Hope the race memento wasn't a good one - we're expected to collect in person tomorrow.

Oh well, I've been spending my morning deep cleaning my oven, and will be starting on the bathroom shortly.

• Options
    Nicholas, that's a shame but it doesn't surprise me, it was 1995 the last time I went there in my old job. Cadburys moved a factory from another old building in Bristol to bloody Poland, such a shame, I loved developing packaging for chocolate as always samples required!!
  • Options

Just back from a rather snowy 15 miler- it wasn't too bad but I now look like Rudolf cos my nose got so cold image.  Oddly I only saw 2 other runners- can't think why...

• Options

Pleased I got my run in yesterday - snow finally arrived in Kent but it is that wet type of snow, small flakes and just a nuisance - we got about an inch but it has been snowing since 9am. Got to sort out my schedule this week as not around next weekend - up in Rothbury (assuming we can get there) celebrating my sons 21st and our 28th Wedding anniversary (son born on our 7 year itch). do not want to break up weekend by going out for a long run so will move everything around to fit in.

• Options

10 miler on the treadmill this morning. Very dull but had to be done and at least it was one with a tv fitted to it.

• Options

Impressive running today whether on the treadmill or outdoors,feel rather guilty  on skipping a run now.

• Options
    Enjoy Rothbury, Bearsted Plodder - I love Rothbury.

I too feel guilty at everyone out (or indoors) running today... after my housework frenzy yesterday I decided to have a lazy day today and have done nothing more energetic than hoover the stairs & watch tv.

However my OH and I are still having my champagne that I was saving for after the Brass Monkey.
  • Options
    Shielsy - enjoy the stuff that's what it's for and don't feel guilty about not running just make up for it this week ( that's the running not the champagne). Yes we live Rothbury too we have stayed there a few times and we used to go to it a lot when we were younger and still living in North East. The idea is that we can all have a drink as resteraunt is in hotel.
  • Options

BP - is that you on Facebook?  I hope so, cos if not I've just befriended someone I don't know from Adam.

When I was a child my mam and dad used to go out for drives to the Anglers Arms near Rothbury for a meal - it was a massive treat, and we would have a trip round Rothbury afterwards.  I still to there now from time to time (I'm overdue a visit).

Yes, I shall endeavour to make up for my lack of running this week.

• Options

Shielsy - Yep that was me on Facebook.

• Options
    Morning everyone, sorry havent been around for a fewdays, picked up a virus of little miss sj and been wiped put for the back end of last week and the weekend.

Absoltely horrible outside today, wind is howling, ground covered in ice and it is absolutely freezing, cant wait to do the school run and walk to work !

Hope everyone is safe and well and being sensible when out running !
  • Options
    Fantastic, now a nice snow blizzard has started just as im ready to leave !
  • Options

Mr SJ - it really is rather foul this morning isn't it.

I did 16 miles on the treadmill yesterday and enjoyed country file, bargain hunt (double episode) and escape to the country. Infuriatingly my run was finished before the end of that so I don't know the outcome, but I wasn't hanging about to find out....I'd already been there 2.5 hours. image Just to make matters worse, I was then out at Cullercoates and there was hardly any snow - I could have gone there to run.

Glad everyone else is still in one piece.

Shielsy - better not to run than to end up with an injury and not be able to anything for months.

• Options

Fiona - wow how did you stay sane? Most I have managed is 2 hrs on treadmill and then I was watching a football game.

• Options

Bearsted - I found the stuff I was watching much less boring that football would have been. image

• Options
    I havent been out for a run since thursday and starting to go a little insane now ! Dont think im quite ready to go back to the club yet as cheststill feels a bit tight and cant stop coughing. Might go for a gentle plod(dependent on the snow).
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Quick question for football fans....

I've got my eye on a Sunderland shirt on E-bay and its got the name Gyan on the back. I'm out of touch with football now and didn't want to buy it if Mick wouldn't have approved (eg if Gyan left in disgrace/was a rubbish footballer etc)

Can someone please advise me? 

• Options

Hi Mandie,I think he was a rcord buy for SAFC but he knicked off to Saudi under a bit of controversy.He used to do a good dance when he scored though.

Some pretty sick treadmill miles going on well done to you all.

mr sj,Hope your on the mend soon,

• Options

Wow - 16 treadie miels ? Amazing !

Sanity and marathon running are mutually exclusive, Bearsted image

5.5 in mostly fresh snow yesterday was lovely. Didn't like the look of the slush today at all.

• Options
    XL - totally agree. If I have to (and I will have to this week) I will go on my treadmill for whatever it takes but not done more than 2 hrs.

Fiona - could have been worse I have done a 2 hr session on treadmill watching cricket. But yes I think yours are probably more interesting
  • Options
    I do my usual treadmill session from 5.15pm for an hour or so and that nicely means I can watch Pointless and Eggheads - that passes time nicely
  • Options
    XL - what exactly are you implying???? Did you parkrun on Saturday? I slept in.

Bearsted - that was what I watched on Tuesday followed by the regional news programme.

Mandie - sorry can't help. I just about know what colour is for each team.image
  • Options

Thanks Spongecake.  

Fiona - Thats just about my knowledge of footie these days too!

• Options

HI, Fiona.

Not implying anything. Marathons are silly. I have said it many times image

I did yes. 161 folk running in the snow. There are some great phiotos on the fb page. Then celebrations of our 3rd birthday.

• Options

30-40 mins max on a treadmill, for me Bearsted - and that will usually be intervals to keep the grey cells from coagulating.
    Pointless and Eggheads is an hour well spent.