We have a civil service dry triathlon in october and recently had some info from the organiser on the race format. It doesn't seem right to me to have equal time-weighting on both the row, x-bike and treadmill. But maybe that's just me. Wondered what you thought. This is what was said:
Thank you for your email. Please find the information about Dry Triathlon Competition:
1. There will be an individual men's & women's event.
2. The dry triathlon will consist of 3 pieces of equipment. A Concept 2 rowing machines, a treadmill & an upright bike.
3. You will use the rowing machine for 5 minutes have a break for 5 minutes, use the treadmill for 5 minutes & then have a break for 5 minutes & finally use the upright bike for 5 minutes.
4. All machinery will be identical. The Concept II resistance level will be set at 5. Upright Bike and treadmill programmes to use will be manual.
5. The winner of both the men's & women's event will be the person who has covered the longest distance in the 15 minutes on the equipment.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any further queries.