Dry Triathlon

2»

Comments

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Sounds fun to me, I'd enter if it were near. Don't seem to see anything like that around here-shame.

Was your picture taken in the HIM Daz? It looks like Dorset countryside in the background, but of course it could be a lot of other places.
  • Am I too late!!! Some of us can't log on at work -too busy!!! But time to log on plus the format of dry tri -say's civil service to me!! (whose a wally for not working for them and getting these perks though, sob!!)
    Guys -(Daz and Wildwill) if you need to advertise for "tri ladies" then either your photos are way out, you haven't got a "tri" personality or I need my glasses de-rose tinting!!! I know there are others out there who will know and love to share this answer -Rob.!!!!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Gavo, will send you the link on mon when at work - but you should be able to get to it from the main website (a link called bermuda challenge maybe?)

hilly, yes was taken at himuk. must have been second half of the run as i didnt seem to be bent double in pain :O)

mf - there just arent any nice single 'tri ladies' left....theyve all been taken!
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    You'll just have to meet a nice girl and persuade her to become a 'tri lady'!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    hehe i have tried before believe me. got my last ex into running and she's about to do her first tri so she says.....NOW she's doing it! grrr
  • Well after doing some "checking" don't think it's you guy's, it's us tri girls, we have all been snapped up! I could offer to clone myself, 3 or 4 of me to share around -can't understand why my other half thinks that would be a bad idea!!(maybe I'll be unsnapped if I have any more comments like that!!!)
    Have you tried eBay, heard that you can get anything on there -now what category would that be under????
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    maisy, ive already looked on ebay and loot. checked the indows of my local newsagents, notice boards of leaisure centres, etc but for some reason there has been nothing.
    must be a bad time of the year, ill wait til the season is completely over.
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    There's a thread for you two chaps on URWFRC! could be just what you need!
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Oh yes!

Here is the link for the Civil Service Sports Council 'Barbados Challenge': http://www.cssc-london.co.uk/barbados/index.htm

Scroll down to the table of events to find the 'Dry Triathlon'.

You'll need to be a member of cssc to take part. Although from experience, as long as you are a civil servant, you can enter the event and let them know that your cssc membership is being processed in the meantime.

• GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Cheers Daz - I am a member of cssc though not of a cssc gym any more so will see what I can find out. Have challenged a few lard arses in work to see who can go furthest.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    just need your cssc number mate. cool!
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Bollix - 18/10, can't make it. Oh well, I've been to Barbados once, don't want to seem greedy so will let someone else go.
  • This looks like fun. What's this CS stuff then ? Can i join !
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Cougie - I think its Civil Service Sports Club or summit like that. Any civil servant or those who work for organisations which used to be publicly owned (I think) can join.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    I think if you are married to a civil servant you can take part too.
    Also, if you have a good friend in civil service, you could use their name.
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    You can unofficially use my name & number if anyone really wants to enter. That means you have to take me to Barbados if you win though....
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm....ideas.....I wonder if Richard Jones is free that Saturday.
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    boing...just in case.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for the reasons with anticipation.

Don't think many doing it. I saw one girl finish (started hour before me), and then kept an eye on the distances of the guy in front of me - who a friend of mine used to work with and said he was a dam good runner.

Anyways I started off ok with 1400m for the 5min row. Then got on the treadmill and did 0.86miles for 5mins.

Then came the confusing bit. First of all the ex-bike was very upright and a sloping forward saddle (they couldnt change it apparently cos others before me would have been at a disadvantage). Damn damn uncomfortable. But I got up to speed and picked a reasonable but hard resistance level. Normally for 5mins I prob do around 2.5miles but the comp said 1.38miles(?). This was only 0.04 ahead of bloke and 0.08 ahead of girl. Which makes me wonder whether or not this bike wasn't calibrated to take resistance levels into consideration, but rather revs. Hope not.

Oh well will see!
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    right, so a combined 3.12m by my reckoning Daz. Looks like I'm nipping to the offey to get you that rum then (although if I get a good bike......)
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    if you get me on row and run then you win......fair?
    bikes are all calibrated differently, esp this piece of crap we used :O)
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    No chance for me on the row and there won't be much difference on the run I reckon. Give me a week or so after Dublin to sober up & I'll see what I can do. Presentation at the CSSC x-country at Richmond then hopefully.
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    you doing the xc?
    nice one!
    yeh a few of us from defra will be there. ill have a minitiare of brandy please to warm me up ;o)
  • GavoGavo ✭✭✭
    Trying to - it's on the board so boss can't moan when I nip over to SW London for the afternoon to get nice & muddy.

Brandy you say.....I'll see how I do first.