Options

Bath Half Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Just been out for a 3.5 mile gentle run to get the stiffness out of my legs from Sunday.

It hasn't worked.
  • Options
    Did 3.5 yesterday lunchtime which was ok. Got 7 tonight (gulp) BUT the weather is absolutely gorgeous. What a difference from Sunday!! I had water coming out of my laceholes after a mile - completely mad.
  • Options
    Very gentle five for me last night and tonight...then back to marathon training schedule.....oh dear.
  • Options
    Yep - I can agree with the good Doctor - Bath today has blue skies and bright sunshine - isn't it great to have such unpredictable weather - wouldn't it be boring if it was always hot?
  • Options
    I think if you'd said that to me on sunday BW I might have thrown my soggy black plastic sack at you!

but you are right. Its even sunny London. Two weeks till the clocks spring forward...sunny evening runs...ahhhhh can't wait!
  • Options
    I promise this is intended to be constructive.

I'm pleased so many people had a great race, but here's one who didn't.

I was one of the people who ended up queuing for well over an hour and a quarter because of the numbers debacle - and just before the revised start was then given a temporary number. The number (shared by two other people that I can find on the results PDF) was obviously not recognised or even registered by the people checking numbers at the end or by photographers - so I don't even have an official time or a record of the run.

I also ended up having to rush from the Pavilion just to get to the start, so no time to warm up or even change properly.

I know the organisers had problems with delivery of chips etc, but I'm sure that the problems at the end could have been avoided if only there had been more than a handful of people giving out the numbers - it was plain well before 10.15 that we weren't all going to get processed.

Even if the lady who scribbled our "numbers" had taken the trouble to put our real numbers in there, we might at least have got a time and photograph.

I do a lot of races round the UK - including 7 halves last year - and Bath is usually one of the best run. But I - and quite a few other people I was with - felt very short changed by the whole event this year.

• Options
    Where are the photos?
  • Options
    Can't really disagree with any of that - seems a perfectly reasonable critique.
  • Options
    no photos yet chris - just confused people like me looking at 2003 ones!
  • Options
    As last year's photos are on www.actionphoto.net I guess this year's will be there on due course - you'll have to keep checking.
  • Options
    OK thanks. Hadn't seen anything about them on website. Will it be Action Photo again this year?
  • Options
    Is there an e-mail symbol for 'shrugs shoulders'? - don't know the answer.
  • Options
    There is a Bath Half link up on the www.actionphoto.net website, and they were the race photographers last year??
  • Options
    Hi Tony,
    did you have any luck contacting salisbury RC today mate?
  • Options
    I'm down as a veteran in the race results also, but I'm only 36!

2929 1:30:39 VM40

• Options
    It's this running lark - adds years to you...
  • Options
    My next door neighbour and so-called 'friend', who goes under the name of forefeetgood, has just kindly e-mailed me a picture of a wheelchair to suit my generally pathetic current physical state - and when I opened the e-mail my PC crashed losing my current work.

Dohhhhh..............
  • Options
    You're not kidding!

One question on the elite runners? Where were the Hudspith brothers of whom Mark Hudspith was supposed to win.....according to Andrew Taylor in the Bath Times in the week before the race?
    I noticed that last years winner Huw Lobb was 9th which means presumably that this was the best field in years.
  • Options
    As there has been no mention of an official race photographer for this years event on the race website, I'm guessing that no-one was appointed this year.

I have to say that, unless you are practicing the art of sado-masochism, I don't think that the lack of a photo of a half-drowned, bedraggled, exhausted, grimacing and generally miserable-self is too great a loss! (At an extra £7.50 plus p&p, along with the medal, the t/s, the commerative certificate, the engraved paperweight, the mock-cover of the Evening Chronicle, the ********fades into distance listing endless race souvenir tat which no-one really wants, but someone must buy*********)
  • Options
    always good for a laugh though rocks. My marathon buddies and I email them to each other for amusement.

There were deffo photographers there, by the bridge on the last hill. I tried to smile but its still going to be a horror.

Hopefully their database has crashed!!
  • Options
    Diff - Hudspith's both dropped out as did Martin Cox (local top dog). Real quality field - new course record, five under 65mins (all Kenyans) and 25 under 70mins - I think very few other half's can boast a field of such quality.
  • Options
    Rocks
    I don't know about you, but for my first Half Marathon I bought everything on offer.

There are a lot of first timers out there, and given the drowning that we all got, there are probably quite a few ex-half marathoners now. So that is still a commercial opportunity and there is nothing wrong in that.

Rocks, as they extras were indeed OPTIONAL EXTRAs. Whilst I like my medals, I have got rather a collection now, so I don't mind.
  • Options
    True BW.
    Richie Gardner of (Cardiff AC)was hoping to improve on his 7th place last year. His time was better but he came 10th!
    In October he won the Cardiff Marathon.
  • Options
    Hmmm
    Boy W
    As I seem to have come 254th out of 3767, I wonder which obscure event I should attand in order to have a chance at recognition? (in the crocks category at least)
  • Options
    Some interesting comparisons at the sharp end:

Reading - 8 sub-70
    Hastings - 5
    Wokingham - 1
    Watford - 0
    Fleet - results not up yet
    Silverstone - no overall results displayed but won in 67m

... Bath 25

need we say more?
  • Options
    Had good run in the rain, didn't quite hit the sub 1:40 I'd been aiming for but still took two minutes off my PB so can't complain too much.

A tad miffed to not appear in the provisional results. I have emailed a description of what I was wearing and my finish time to the race secretary - my number was on although after repeated failure of my safety pins in the wet I had to tuck it behind my water belt to avoid losing it altogether.

This would have mad it hard to read to the eye but the transponder should have worked?

My Race number was 3576 think I finished on the race clock between 1:41:30 and 1:42:15

Can you help BW?
  • Options
    hi guys how do i find out official time, threw my very wet number away i think it was 48??
  • Options
    just found soggy no in the bin 4824 2hr 07
    and no photo on website
  • Options
    Rob,

Hopefully you have seen my e-mail to you - just sent with the details of Salisbury AC.
    Looks good.
    Regards,
    Tony
  • Options
    Tinkerbelle (Tracey?)
    Provisional results are on the race website.
    You can search by race number or name (ctrl+F) but the times are currently gun to chip/finish times, which shows you as 2:10:12.

The official results (chip to chip), apparently come later. I think that the organisers are watching a lot of video at the moment in order to sort out the wet un-numbered runners.

Don't hold your breath.