Cleaning trainers?

Hi guys.

I sometimes run through deep puddles and my shoes inevitably get muddy inside and out. What's the best way to clean them? My old trainers I used to chuck in the washing machine on a gentle cycle, but these are a little more expensive!

Comments

• same thing - washing machine. cold wash, no detergent.  works at all price levels. image

• Washing machine - do them at 30 with detergent wrapped in a pillow case and with all the other washing so my wife doesn't hear them rattling around on their own and kill me!!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

It depends how muddy they are. If they're muddy and a bit wet - i'll put some newspaper in them and put them in a sunny place to dry out and that's all they need.

• I've never done anything more than remove insoles and rinse them and the shoes under the tap. Leave shoes upside down to drain out most of excess water for a short while then stuff with newspaper and leave to dry naturally.

Can't understand why people feel the need to put their shoes in the washing machine image

• If they're wet, just fill them with old newspaper and dry them on a radiator. If they're really muddy, let the mud dry and then scrape it off with a hard brush. Only very occasionally will I wash trainers, with soapy water and a sponge.