Turbo trainer

Can anyone recommend a turbo trainer for a beginner that isn't too expensive and not too noisy!

I don't particularly want anything fancy, just a basic one that will allow me to train indoors on horrid days.

Thanks

Comments

• DazDaz ✭✭✭
    hilly,
    cant recommend anything specific, just stay away from the wind ones. opt for fluid or magneto.

Heres one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3627363988&category=16143
    Endurance Coach @ DazCarterFitness.com
    Elite Ironman, Ultra Trail Runner
  • Thanks for that Daz, I've put a bid on it, but with 5 days to go I'm sure more bids are going to come in.

Are turbo trainers easy to set up and use or do they require a little bit of technical know-how?
  • pretty easy really...
    put wheel in space provided, tighten (important that one)

and adjust tension of roller on wheel...
  • I have a magnetic I want to sell...
  • Cateye cyclosimulator is the baby for me. V nice and quietish if you take the fan off.
  • I want to get one as well ... it´s going to live in the basement and be shared by me and Mr B (not at the same time though!). Think that by putting on a Rolls saddle (which we both get on with) and adjusting the height of the seatpost, we´ll both be able to use it.

Any recommendations regarding brands/materials? MrB is a big lad and used to pull frames apart during his racing days - so we need a sturdy one!
  • Hilly - e-mail me if you want to buy (very cheaply) my hardly used one. Michelle Dillon borrowed it once...

Cool new pic, Lizzy...
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    <double take>

michelle dillon borrowed it......?
  • Long story...
  • Do you want to buy it now, Daz..?
  • I've sent you an email pantman.
  • Cheers Pantman - glad you like it!

It doesn't show tht I was very, very scared when the pic was taken (coming down a hill to a junction at 68 kph - and still pedalling hard!)
  • DazDaz ✭✭✭
    yeh good pic lizzyb - wonder womaaaaaan!