Sore Shins

2»

Comments

• hop on one leg... are they crazy!  It amazes me that they dont know much about this sort of injury. My Dr was so dismissive yesterday, I left his surgury feeling really angry and no better off.

With all the tests, I think I might just rest solid for a few weeks. Like you said, there'll be waiting times involved. By the time im done waiting i'll be half way to fixed!

I have been reading up on taping though, looks promising. Ive also been doing alot of research on running form and barefoot/forefoot running. I think alot of this may be cause by me being a heel striker, a heavy one at that. I'm not overweight, im just really heavy footed plus i walk with a wiggle..!! so i have alot of hip rotation. Ive read any rotation from the hip down is really bad.

Hey did anyone watch the London Marathon weekend just passed?....the first Brit from the Elite Woman catagory is how i need to run. she barely moved her torso, it was all leg movement. shes my inspiration!

• Had them for two months now.  Seen two physios, done minimal mileage, trie various excercises and stretches.  Conclusion is that they is no cure for shin splints and am reluctant to spend out even more money on snake oil salesmen.  Think I will chuck my trainers and buy a bike.

• I have been running for 4 months and I did my first 10k last weekend - and now I am suffering with shin pain just in my left leg.  Having read through these comments I have scrapped my idea of going for a short run today - think I will leave it until the weekend!  It seems there is no real cure for shin splints, it's more about learning the best way to manage it.  I will be taking on board all of the advice, but is it normal to have the problem in just one leg?  

Vicki