Salsa dancing

Niiiiiice :

>Salsa dancing is one of the best forms of exercise. Some of the health and fitness benefits of salsa dancing are: weight loss and muscle gain, boosting your physical endurance and range of motion all while learning the latest salsa dance steps.
Salsa dancing also doesnt have the same harmful side effects caused by high impact exercises such as running<

Comments

• salsa dancin gives ya sexy snake hips and improves pelvic circulation too ;-))
  • Great,
    just need someone co-ordinated, in-tune and interested for a partner -what about the "gear"? Mmmmm, someone with a good physique, a nice behind and rhythm -think these salsa classes may be a good way to spend an evening or two -lead on!
  • lol daz - is that a quote from the british salsa dancing association website?
  • Well SOMEone was bored this afternoon! :o)
  • [shakes head, slowly]
  • Hips, Will. You shake your hips.
  • LOL

Still giggling at that image, after several hours...

¦oD
  • Sounds like fun!
  • Having tried salsa I can vouch for the fact that it does get the heart rate up. Not as much as running, but I reckon as much as a fairly intense aerobics class.

Plus it's a lot of fun. :)
  • Daz - after going to a salsa night - and seeing how in demand the only guy who could salsa was - I'd say you should go for it !

I di think your tri times would suffer severely though !

;-)
  • End of the season, nearly - he has months to get all salsa'ed out...

I mean, sort out his base training. [snigger]
  • only went a couple of times, but salsa was wicked.

also the men are much in demand as its about 80% female.
  • Daz looks funny with that little dustcloud in his wake, doesn't he...
  • Fastest I've seen him move all year, surely a new PB.

Did ya see me wave Jj ??
  • :o(

I'm carp at using the VCR Cougie, so no. BBB says he blew me a kiss, too, but I didn't get that.

sigh...

#so lonely - y
    so lonely -y#

• Oh noooo. And I'm pretty sure the camera was looking straight at me. ;-)
  • Salsa, eh? I guess that's my winter training sorted out, then! What better way than to do some isolation work on my glutes....
  • Ooer fella!

Yes I quite fancy doing maybe a salsa beginners class. There are a few places in London - Bar Madrid is one. There's also a place in Soho somewhere I think.

Imagine if Tom Jones had taken it up. He'd have flung his partner off the dancefloor with those hips....HODDAM!
  • hips again...[fans with copy of 220]
  • ok... i come out to play. salsa dancing is my middle name.

when where what time
  • hmm, have you done it before? if so i hope you're not too good....:O/
    I know nothing about it....whatsoever!

cool, i'll pop into bar madrid next time im down oxford circus and find out times...
  • yes i have done it a few times. i will look after you, dont worry!!!
  • youll love it. its addictive
  • Bar Madrid? Been there before - love the place - but don't remember any salsa going on. But the 10 shots of tequila might have clouded my vision....

I'm up for it - easy to get to so any day works for me!

Now, if I could only find my Tom Jones LP....
  • :O) ok cookie, hopefully i won't be the worst person there!

yeh rob, i was down there one night during the week a few years ago and noticed someone was giving salsa classes. i 'think' it was a beginners.
  • As long as they're not the same "beginners" that were at Ronnie Scott's last time. No wonder we stayed put most of the night!
  • You have to stay put all night at Ronnie Scott's. It's the law.
  • I'm up for this too!

There's a club just off Charing Cross as well.
  • I think it's called Salsa! but not sure what it's like inside. As long as they have tequila, I don't mind!

That makes at least four of us - maybe we can turn this into a RW social event?
  • Well, I was going to peer through the windows, but Fruity would recognise me...