Anti-depressants & training

Comments

• i love watching the wonderpets!  pity all my kids are at school now!  they are just the greatest x
  • i used to have a guinea pig that looked just like linny.

i have to wait and see if mini still likes them by christmas because if she does, they are doing some toys in tesco and ELC.  you can get mini beanies of linny, tuck and ming ming.

was feeling a bit better this morning but have been to expo today and am worn out with headache.  saw the lovely tracey g though.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    ((((Tweety)))) hope you is feeling better.
  • Had a "crash" after the Easter holidays.  Sleep all up the shoot.  Had to see doc on Monday and she has increased my dose so now on 150mg Efexor XL (venlafaxine).

Thinking of the Blueroom often.

Love to you all. xx

• ((blueroom))

sol & HFE - hope you are both doing ok.

• ((((HFE))))) - hang on in there honey, it's just a blip

tweety I'm fine thanks for asking.

onwards & upwards all

• hope everyone is doing ok. i went to a seminar on saturday morning about emetophobia. nice to know i'm not the only one that is wierd!
  • tweety - love ur avatar!

hfe, must be something in the air,  feel crap too at mo and prob reason why im up at 4am!!!  feel like im in quicksand at mo. image

in the words of the great sol , onwards and upwards image

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Morning.

Thows Chickpea a rope.

• cheers tracey!  image

sleep still unsettled but feel better today.  think i just let people get to me when they arent getting at me personally at the club.  

had a lovely day with kids at the park yesterday and met up with some other mums too.  kids going over for sleepover tonight so me and hubby spending quality time together.  things are so much better now hes not drinking.

hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

• ((((Blueroom))))

Looks like it's been very quiet in here - I hope that's a good thing.

Chickpea - thanks for the 'great' complement, hope your getting some rest/sleep.

Onwards & Upwards

• its well deserved sol image,  you are great!

enojying the sun but its blimmin hot for running.  went out with a friend and we just eneded up chatting and walking!  took us 2.5 hours to do 8 miles!!  we had a laugh though. and i picked up a slo worm off the road, it was really sweet with its little tongue!  lovely countryside down ere in the westcountry!

• Hello everyone.

Thinking of you all (((((Blueroom)))))

• You know? It's been a year since I crashed in to here.

Just want to say thanks for all the help and support you all gave me, seems like another world now. Although i'm still remembering the lesson's learnt!

((((Blueroom))))

• i think we all learn from each other, 1step2far.  that is the great thing about this thread.  it is so non judgemental and as we all understand what each has gone/is going through, we can hold others up when they need it and be held up when needed.

((blueroom))

• gosh its quiet here.  probably means good news that everyone is happy and busy.

image  love to everyone x

• oooooh it has gone quiet!

Sorry I've been awol for a bit, was having a tough time and finding it hard to talk about it or help anyone else  and then everything changed in a matter of days.  I've got a short term contract so doing some real work... was rung about the role on a Wednesday, had a phone interview on the Thursday evening, arranged a face to face for Friday lunchtime that was then postponed just before i set off and rearranged for the monday morning and started work on the Wednesday!!!  bit of a rush job to say the least and just to add to the fun of it all I'm commuting weekly as the job is in Yeovil!!!  That was the second week in June so I've done 4 and a half weeks now, its hard work but good as well and i did quickly drop into a work mode.  One good about it is I've found a nice little pub to stay in that has very comfy rooms and great food and their own brewery, its quietand a bit of a retreat after work plus is only 5 minutes from the office.  My gentle start back has given me a tea of 15 including 3 in Budapest!

It has given me a huge lift, i feel like a normal person again and while it hasn't taken away all the money worries it is helping, both of which were causing me massive amounts of stress.

So things looking up at the moment.  apart I had to go and catch a virus, it might be the flu so got in touch with the docs and they've given some Tamiflu for the next few days due to having a temperature.

Hope everyone is doing ok and the quiet is just a sign of people feeling good in themselves.

((((Blue room))))

• Good to hear your news Staggs (apart from the flu bit of course) - it's great to hear you so upbeat.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • good on you staggs!  glad things are looking up for you.  glad you joining us in the westcountry now image  we are abit strange but in a good way! 

((((((((((((blueroom))))))))))))))))

• Anyone out there that can please help me.

I've been on Mirtazapine for the past 3 years and decided to wean myself off this year. I was on 30mg until 1st Feb when I went down to 15mg. 1st June 15mg alternate days, 25th June 7.5mg alternate days and none at all since 1st July.

Since the 1st July I have experienced what I now know are withdrawal symptoms. I've had insomnia (3-4hrs hours sleep a night), hot flushes then feeling shivery, weight loss (10lb), headaches and now I just feel down and out of sorts with still little in the way of appetite. 

Spoke to my GP yesterday who reckons I should go back on them. But here's the question:

Are they 'just' withdrawal symptoms and will I come out ok at the other end? OR Will I continue to feel down i.e.return of depression?

It's like some kind of deja vu feeling how I was getting originally (had 12 months off work through depression). I don't know what to do for the best - hang on in there the best I can or bite the bullet.

I know you'll be gentle with me, don't know where else to turn.

• Hi TU - difficult to say really - how have you felt on the Mirtazapine? I would have thought that if you'd been ok for six months to a year your GP would have supported you in coming off them - did you consult them before coming off and if not, what stopped you? Have these possible withdrawal symptoms changed as you've reduced your dose or have they remained the same? Would you consider changing to another anti-d and seeing if that makes a difference to your symptoms?
  • I felt best mood wise on the 30mg. GP was happy for me to drop down to 15mg but I didn't tell him my plan to get off altogether as I didn't want to put any pressure of time limits on myself. Wanted to do it in my own time.

But yes, on reflection my mood has dropped since being on the 15mg. Perhaps I went to the 7.5mg too quickly and then stopped too quickly after that. The withdrawal symptoms seem to reach a peak about a week after reduction and then I stopped them altogether - a double whammy!!

The mirtazapine was effective so I'd be a bit reluctant to try something else.

Just can't decide whether I feel down because of a) withdrawal symptoms b) because i KNOW I'm off the meds or c) because I'm just down.

• FWIW if you weren't having any problems on the Mirtazapine I'd start taking it again - though you might need to titrate up - try 15mg for a while and follow your GP's advice about stopping it. If you manage any withdrawal in line with medical advice you'll have a better idea of what is the cause of your problems. I don't know what the half life of Mirtazapine is but the BNF does say that you shouldn't reduce markedly or stop suddenly or you're more likely to experience withdrawal symptoms.
  • Thanks for your input Little Miss Happy
  • No worries - but remember, it's only my opinion - you know how you feel, what's happening in your life and what's important to you.
  • Good to hear form you staggers!

i'm dropping my dose of citalopram down to 10mg with maybe the view to come off it... and I'm terrified! Sure it'll be ok though... and may be nice to get my brain back! 

((((Blueroom))))

• nearly a month and no posts!!!  thougth I would revive it!

hows things going on the lower dose 1step?  im on citlopram and would love to come off it but think its part of my life at the mo image