Padded Cell

Comments

• It's nice in 'ere innit <<<<<<<<<<<<<< grins innanely >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks Hipps.
    Nice soft walls, the window is awfully high though, think I will just sit in that corner and think about..................

anything 'cept modules, college, dissertations, theses.

Why do we do it guys??????

• Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    [Coco snuggles in blanket and starts to snore....]
  • Gotta go to work.........................

lemme out....<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< raps on door frantically >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'd rather go to work than listen to that snoring cat any longer!!!!
  • Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    [Coco stops snoring and glares at CdK for making so much noise]
  • >> Chimp wanders in. Shakes sadly. No Snail, No Hildegard, slopes out again <<
  • moosey walks in and sobs.

bangs head on wall.

sobs again.

bangs head.

ad infinitum
  • Psst, Moosey. Not much point banging head against wall.

Padded, see.
  • can't even do that right.

b#gger.
  • hi all.

think I need a padded cell.

bang
    bang
    bang
    bang

<snail rubs head, feeling slightly dazed>

Hilde, where are we meeting next weekend?

I'm having a bit of a mare at the moment - only entered the race 15 mins ago, haven't booked a B&B... well, at least I can't complain about the amount of work any more, I was made redundant. Again. Have decided to interpret this as a signal to get on with my PhD and stop arsing around in the City, which takes up far too much time, makes me depressed and achieves nothing.

Meanwhile, Mr Snail, who's in the TA, has just been called up and is being sent to Iraq for 6 months. The timing is impeccable.

Benz, will you be a sweetie and pass the gin, please?
  • oh no snail

((((((((((((((((snail)))))))))))))))))
  • Snail!!!!

I've just found this. Sorry to hear that b/f is to go to Iraq. Must be awful for you both.

I'd do you a virtual hug but it seems a bit................

Oh what the hell! ((((((((H))))))))
  • cheers Benz, Chimp. Though I'd still rather have real gin than virtual hugs!! ;-)

oh well, that's life, eh? Not much point getting upset about something over which I have no control. I did feel a bit sorry for myself for about 5 mins till I started listing all the things I can do whilst he's away...

1. eat seafood. Every night.
    2. drink wine. Every night. Without being told off...
    3. go out with my girlfriends without getting reproachful looks.
    4. won't have to pick dirty underwear off bathroom floor.
    5. or damp towels off bed...
    6. can watch City Gardener without having to pretend it's the plants I'm interested in...

and that's just to start with...

meanwhile, the thesis calls. Life certainly does go on!

• <<Big Tim wobbles about trying not to fall off his new Balance Ball"
    Ah well at least it's padded in here :-)

Snail you forgot one!!!

7. stay out with my boyfriends without getting reproachful looks!

• Naughty-----

ok, ill at least open it up later and have a look
  • Hildegard, are you around? Tried emailing you but the ntl address bounced back - have you changed now that you're back in the UK?

email me if you want to meet up on Sunday...
  • here we go
    mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • well done Benz Old Girl. Now be a sweetie and pass the gin, m'dear!

Progress report form needs to be filled in and sent back tomorrow - progress is nil since last year. Oops.
  • Oh Snail - that's carp. <<hugs>> Would Pringles be any help?
  • no comment re progress

will boing thread daily
    Im gonna finish this
    noonne thinks i can
    wasted 2 years of my life

soddem
  • Boing for all those suffering(why did i never realise that this one was for peeps like me?)
  • boing

its time to get serious about this
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What's your target Hipps?

We can help boot your backside when necessary.

(And there's a certain diploma course I should have started a month ago.......)
  • I havent done ANYTHING on this since MAY 2004

could you please smack my supervisors, they wont give me any feedback on what i have sent them

before my 40th(may) is prob not realistic
    But by the end of the year

• wel, Im terribly lonely
    again

i just hope that from tomorrow, I can channel the enui and pain

writing a thesis is shit
    but at the end of the day----might have summat
    IF the supervisors bother to read it
    and if they dont--got nowt to lose by submitting anyway
  • Hi Benz.

Glad to see you again. Have spent the evening reading a book on Arthurian historiography. Still haven't written anything. Last written work is date April 2004... Feeling thoroughly depressed and fed up and a failure...

Also lonely, unsurprisingly!

Bit of a negative day all round - let's hope tomorrow's better!
  • oh dear
    you and me both

RIGHT

what shall we do about it

how are your supervisor peeps
  • lovely - that's the problem... it's the whole inexpressible air of sadness and regret, and the whiff of failure and the feeling that I've let down my supervisor...

If only I could write chapters as well as I can excuses!

I really really couldn't ask for a better supervisor. Or even a more supportive department - other members of staff leave stuff in my pigeonhole that I may find useful - and they're nearly always right. It's just me - or more specifically, lack of time and confidence.

Well, tonight when I get home from work I will give the house a good clean, put away all the paint cans and brushes and ladders and then sort out the piles of thesis paperwork on my desk. Tomorrow night I will go to Sainsbury's and stock up on food - and fresh flowers. Friday I can't do anything cos I'm flying to Cornwall and back (taking my grandmother to lunch - sad, isn't it, when I don't even have time to stay overnight? Still, she thinks it's incredibly glamorous, and she does at least get a full day out of me!) - but then Saturday... Saturday will be Thesis Day.

What about you? What's happened to your on-call trauma? Are you still doing six weeks without a break, 3 hours off then another 7 weeks?!
  • morning snaily

No, there are 4 of us now, so its one week in four plus some extra medicine on calls, and etra when someone is away
    Im going to instal end note
    i bought it 6 months ago
  • Snail, you don't have to buy me flowers because I'm staying Saturday night!!!

I've just spent an 1hr studying, it went like this ;-)

This guy hobbles in, who's FLM training.
    I spend 60min massaging his legs, spend most of that time talking about running :-)
    He's WALKS out!

Even pay's me :-)

His soleus & gastrocnemius muscle's were tight in the right calf & both rectus femoris were pulling on his kneecaps & making his knees hurt!

He wants to come back every 2-3 weeks before the big day!!!
    I feel a bit guilty as thats what I suggested but getting round FLM is his real target, & I feel this is his best option.

Better go & do some reading now.