Running.

Does anyone here (shock horror) actually run? image

Comments

• Excuse for in advance for swearing by using the 'R' word.

• my name is Grendel and I am a runner -

• What is your definition of "runner"
  • One who propels ones self along the ground with both feet being off the ground at the same time in a rythmical pattern to give forward propulsion.

Admit that you are a runner and help is available. This are enlightened times. You won't be pointed at or placed on a register for admitting that you run these days.

Join Runner's Anonymous and get the help that you crave so badly.

• are you implying that we all jog?

• You might think that jogging is harmless, but you will soon be on to the harder stuff: proper running, the odd 10k here and there, cross country. Then once you progress on to half marathons it won't be long before you try the really hard stuff like a marathon.

It's a slippery slope. I know I've been there.

Hello, I'm Rick and I'm a runnaholic. image

• My nose runs.

I've HAD the runs.

And I run my mouth.

Do these count?image

• Rickster wrote (see)

One who propels ones self along the ground with both feet being off the ground at the same time in a rythmical pattern to give forward propulsion.

I think you may want to revisit your definition somewhat, as what you are describing above is actually more like flying, which given the current evolutionary state of mankind still necessitates an external power source which I believe is somewhat frowned upon in most 'running' events and would probably see you disqualified from almost all races.

• Bruce C wrote (see)
    Rickster wrote (see)

One who propels ones self along the ground with both feet being off the ground at the same time in a rythmical pattern to give forward propulsion.

I think you may want to revisit your definition somewhat, as what you are describing above is actually more like flying, which given the current evolutionary state of mankind still necessitates an external power source which I believe is somewhat frowned upon in most 'running' events and would probably see you disqualified from almost all races.

When you run both feet are off the ground at the same time at some point during the motion. image

• I'm reporting this thread for something. When I work out what I'll let you know.

• T.mouse wrote (see)

I'm reporting this thread for something. When I work out what I'll let you know.

You troll T.mouse. image

• My name is...do I have to give my real name??... Erm my name is Wilma & I'm a runner...I can't even say it's been 1 day since my last run as it hasn't...oh dear god...I think I'm a lost cause image  *looks around* Are there any cakes at this RA meeting??

• CazSoul wrote (see)

My name is...do I have to give my real name??... Erm my name is Wilma & I'm a runner...I can't even say it's been 1 day since my last run as it hasn't...oh dear god...I think I'm a lost cause image  *looks around* Are there any cakes at this RA meeting??

Yes, there are cakes, but no flapjacks, as they are high in carbs and may encourage your habit. Take one day at a time and RA will have you weighing 20 stone, sitting in front of the telly with a bottle of gin in one hand and a fag in the other one. image