half outlaw

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done matt - only you know if you have it in you for July

EP - thanks, this was my A race for the year so I am soooo disappointed. However, pretty sure it will be on again next year so I have a whole year to train and have another go. 

matt - any news of steady? hope she is ok? I think all the other pirates have finished now?

oh, tracker now says steady DNF. Hope she is ok, I'll text her

matt - today should have made you feel more confident!

EP - wibbles are definitely part of the process I shall be there in July to cheer you on! 

I have texted steady and matt to try to get news 

have heard back from Matt, steady got pulled off the bike course. image but at least sounds like she is ok, and better being pulled for not meeting cutoffs than having an accident.

steady - a hug from me for when you read this. Was lovely to meet you yesterday although it was only briefly. Seems like we both had a bad day in different ways. 

hope she doesn't mind me posting her news.

• There's always Full Boar in September mathschick - gives you the summer to train too.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

I have heard that is a good one Little Miss and is on my list. image It isn't that far from me so I should be able to go without having to camp/pay for accommodation too. Just kind of wondering whether to wait till I am back running fair distances - a knee injury back in November is still dogging me, it is improving now and I have had mris etc so finally know what the problem is and am working on fixing it. So I guess I have to decide do I want to complete a HIM this year, or wait till next year when it might be more comfortable and do better - or bothimage. To be honest, if the knee improves then I should be able to build the running up, but II have no problem with walking

• Saw steady at the post-race food bit. She seemed a bit miffed but not in too bad spirits - she'll fight another dayimage 

Sorry to hear about your illness mathschick. It's a shame you had to miss the main event, but all that training hasn't gone to waste as you're still going to be race fit - use it as an opportunity to build to something else this year which you'll fly at! image

Well I biked (2:32) and ran (1:40), felt good apart from messing up some of my nutrition - lessons learned there. Overall finished in 4:50 which we're both chuffed to bits with. Just need to learn not to fall on my lovely carbon bike in transition next time!! image

• MC image got your text but phone died image that really sucked - grr.  Bring on the Boar!!

The day was freaking awesome and I was very vocal in support of the Pirates!!  I think they thought I was a bit freaky - I yelled support for the competitors for like seven hours image  I had the best time and I got a tshirt and they fed me - WIN!!

Well done all Pirates you really are the shiz!!

wow, engineer, well done, fantastic times there. Hope your bike is ok

I am doing dambuster olympic distance in 3 weeks so should be fit for thatimage

thanks buttercup. I am really looking forward to being on the support crew for outlaw, it is going to be a great dayimage

• Lots of time to decide mathschick as it doesn't usually fill up.

Well done Engineer - hope the bike is ok!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • TheEngineer wrote (see)

Well I biked (2:32) and ran (1:40), felt good apart from messing up some of my nutrition - lessons learned there. Overall finished in 4:50 which we're both chuffed to bits with. Just need to learn not to fall on my lovely carbon bike in transition next time!! image

You were a bit quick today!!! Well Done to everybody!! It was a warm & sunny day out there as my red face will testify!!

• She's bruised (scrawped pedal, ripped bar tap) but I haven't fully checked her over yet. Worried. :O

• Well done everybody, freakin' awesome!

Mathschick and Steady, sorry about your respective situations, but like everyone says, you'll be back stronger next time.

Engineer, hope your bike has survived ok!

• @ The Engineer - Stink bums for Steady image There were a few peeps with scraped knees that ran past me - also some very tired peeps towards the end - one chick refused to stop even though she couldn't breathe properly (she was an asthmatic) walked the whole way with a medic cycling behind her!  

Also watched a goose almost take a cyclist on the way out of transition by the feed stations - it was a very close thing image there were quite a few cyclist behind him as well!

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I did it image back of the pack all the way but very happy with a 7hr 51min finish. Thank you to all the orates for their support today you all rocYou fantastic time Engineer. 

• Yayayay Alibear you finished! Rocking! And had a smile on your face every time you went past me - can't ask for more than that!

well done Ali

I saw someone crash on the bike yesterday - don't think it was a goose that caused it, I think they went into a gate (gate was open I am guessing she just clipped it) while going round the lake in the afternoon triathlon. But apparently the geese caused a few accidents over the weekend

• A whole squadron of geese tried to stop me when I was starting out on the bike. Luckily managed to pick a line through them (and just hoped they didn't move suddenly!!)

• Very happy with my race today.  Almost started in disaster as my Garmin mount snapped as I went over a bump leaving the lap of the lake to go our on the road (I think Chris was just behind me).

I stopped to pick it up, but the only thing I could do was to slip it in my back pocket and do the next 85km without any speed, power, time or distance reference.

It wasn't till I finished the second loop that I realised I was on for a good time.

I ended up just over 3hrs on the bike, 18.5 mph average, 199W normalised power which was awesome for me.

The team finished in 5:26 which rounded off a good day at a great race, worthy of the Outlaw name and a great atmosphere.

Only downside for me was the blatent drafting going on. Some of it was unavoidable because of the sheer number of cyclists on the road at one time, but there were some massive packs of riders out there.

The organisers had lots of draft busters out there - anyone know if anyone got busted?

well done timmy

I know on the results quite a few people got DQd so I guess some of those will be for drafting

• The drafting was pretty obvious, but what annoyed me more was the amount of litter dropped all round the bike course. I saw at elast one person I can remember chuck a gel wrapper, saw loads of crap just strewn everywhere - really not on image