To do or not to do?

2»

Comments

• Regular runner,i  have never ran a marathon, i have no motivation or desire to do so.I am fed up of folks asking me if i have ever ran a marathon, and the look of disbelief when i tell them i havent and have no intention of doing so.To which 1 guy said theres them that have and then theres everyone else.So i am thinking of doing a Ultra, i have been training for about a month.So  i can reply to the marathoners, i have never ran a marathon, they can have the high ground but know that i have run an ultra.Is that childish? or a good enough reason, it is for me.

• Hi Guys, if you are interested in a nice new friendly Ultra try the Stort30 - its in the race finder.

I am the race director and it will be small and friendly with aan easy out and back trail route. www.challenge-running.co.uk

I am a reasonably experienced Ultra runner but not fast, I agree that Ultras are more friendly and I think this is due to finishing being the goal rather than time.

Any questions please ask

• hi FiremanNS...i cant do the stort30 as im doing an event that day but how far is the Essex ultra? and when? i cant view that page for some reason, i can acess the others but not tht one. thanks image

agree, ultras are far more friendly than maras

• Hi loulabell not sure why it did not work - it worked fine when I just tried.

The Essex Way ultra will be end of july/early august and willbe about 82miles in total. I am still planning the exact date and details and should have it all sorted in about a month. Busy finishing off the planning for my first race in 2 weeks the Stort30.
  • ok thanks,i will try again . sounds good, am doing Ridgeway85 end of August , not sure i can do 2 of that length in one month!image

the stort30 looks good though. when you say you are not fast...what speed do you mean lol

• Depends what u call fast. My 100k time is 10:19

My 100 mile time is about 23hours on a flat course.

Marathon sub 3:30.

Not fast by most standards
  • still faster than i image ..am a newbie to ultra though so testing the water  this year...hoping to get speedier

• Speed is overrated. Thechallenge is more important.