General tips and advice

13»

Comments

• CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

So - 9 days since I last ran.  That calf injury seemed to ease up but then I went to the physio to get it checked out - level 1 calf strain - next day it was so much worse.  I decided to rest it until it was better - stretching, ice, heat, foam roller etc.

It feels back to normal now - so 20 minutes easy run planned at lunchtime to ease myself back in.  Fingers crossed it's okay! image

Clachnaben Hill Race this weekend won't be happening.  Aberdeen Parkrun on 26th April is next on the agenda, two 10k races and HM in May, then 10k in early June if all goes to plan.

• Good to see resting on the injury- the running had been going well.

I am lucky I was able to continue with mine and seems ok but now thins shifted and my Achilles has been niggling me so keeping close watch on it

Next race for me is Easter Monday..
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

So - a run yesterday!  20 minutes easy turned into 35 minutes easy image

Incredible how stiff my legs are feeling after that!  No issues with the calf though - a bit of stiffness but it eased off.  Stretching before and afterwards as well as heat treatment - and it's feeling pretty good actually.

Hill session today then rest tomorrow.  Should be interesting...

• CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

20 days since I last posted here.  A few things have happened since then I guess.  Back up to full training again after the minor calf injury a few weeks ago.  Couple of very good hill sessions and some decent threshold sessions chucked in and back up to running 6 times last week.

I ran my first ever 5k on Saturday - Aberdeen Parkrun.

Came in in 19:34.  Chuffed with that - it was bloody windy, so I may have been marginally quicker without the wind, but that's a pretty good marker going into a few 10k races in May / June.  One week on Saturday is the first 10k.

• Glad to see back upto full training and injury out the way. And backed with some good sessions..

Good results for Parkrun. I can imagine the wind was harsh and close to 19:00 could be done without wind and different course! 

Still the confidence gained is from hardwork so nice one! 

Pain is weakness leaving the body