It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
You are just jealous of our free stuff.
And all our sexy sexy politicians
Actually there were so many peeps I could have picked - poor Johann. She does seem intelligent and so far competent although she does have a hard job at the minute.
Every generation includes a number of people who say 'things are going to the dogs'. You can find examples of this going back many centuries. They're almost always overreacting.
Wilkie wrote (see)
If they were paid a decent salary, with no allowance for expenses, there would be no expenses to fiddle. As LB says, make it an exclusive contact - no outside directorship or consultancies - and pay a decent salary to attract good people.
If they were paid a decent salary, with no allowance for expenses, there would be no expenses to fiddle.
they would still do favours for their mates and pick upp the consultancies after they leave..
the banking industry paid big salaries to their top guys..............and that worked out well didn't it.....
tuition fees, prescriptions, home care for the elderly.
Ah well you can get lost on that front then - anymore snash from you and the whisky gets impounded.
I think you have just answered your own questions.... what have the Scots every done for you????
Come the revolution I think we shall be raising export duties on alcohol. See if you like that then.
ghost of kittenkat wrote (see)
(Just posting again to unsibscribe from the mail feed) As you were.
(Just posting again to unsibscribe from the mail feed)
You can do that without posting - just click on "stop following" or whatever it says.
seren nos wrote (see)
Wilkie wrote (see) If they were paid a decent salary, with no allowance for expenses, there would be no expenses to fiddle. As LB says, make it an exclusive contact - no outside directorship or consultancies - and pay a decent salary to attract good people.
Some people in all jobs will do favours for cronies, and expect (and get) favours in return. It's human nature.
What do you suggest instead? Continuing with the current system?
i havent read the rest of the thread but I'd say absolutely not.
there has never been a better time to be alive than now.
Of course, all this is tempered by the fact the Tories are dismantling the health service, workplace protection, the welfare system and a host of other things that protect the weakest in society.
Be my guest
I ABSOLUTELY believe that there are some terminally stupid people being paid too much in some jobs but equally I am sick to DEATH of people MOANING about other people's salaries. If you want to be a politician and change the world, stand for election. If you want a doctor's salary, work hard and train to be a doctor. If you want to sit on your arse and moan your benefits won't pay for luxuries, be thankful you're moaning in this country because if you were elsewhere you'd be starving and dying of disease.
GymAddict wrote (see)
And all our sexy sexy politicians
Who on earth is THAT? And I just spat wine everywhere laughing!
He is VILE. I could happily smack his f*cking head in with a salmon.
I have a cunning plan anyway. "Free" Scots from the shackles of Westminster (we're quite clearly oppressing the poor souls) STOP our English subsidies from travelling North, wait for them to beg for help and then invade and take the oil and oppress them all over again. But do a proper job this time and make sure they know their place and call us Sir.
I have said it before. I love Scotland. But I hate the Nationalist movement's attitude towards the union. It's turkeys voting for Christmas. Seriously Scotland, you've never had it so good.
Let's have some balance on the original issue of this thread. Has Britain gone to the dogs?
The argument for:
1. People don't have respect for others anymore. It's all about what's in it for me?
2. People have no self respect. They have one night stands and to hell with the consequences. The social will provide them with a council house and benefits to bring up the kid that results from the aforementioned one night stand.
3. People don't take pride in their job. The y don't seem to realise that if you have a dead end job you can still take pride in the fact that you can do it well. Something that the Japanese are excellent at.
4. TV talent show contestants and Premiership footballers are seen as role models by kids.
5. Parents don't take responsibility for their children's actions. If they are called in to school because their child is misbehaving, they always try to excuse their little 'angel's' behaviour.
The argument against:
1. We have the world's best universities.
2. We have a good sense of humour in this country.
3. We don't have the death penalty. I used to be a supporter of it, but came to realise that it's wrong for the state to kill.
4. We don't let citizens carry guns with no controls as they do in America.
5. We gave the world the London 2012 Olympics and did a damn good job of it!
Keep smiling folks. It's not all bad!
This country is brill. It has me in it
The UK Today
Has it gone to the dogs you ask ??
i think that in itself is complete fucking understatement
id like pretty much someone to tel me compared to when i was a boy
what the hell we have to be proud of
we had pride, dignity and deep respect years ago - people know were they stood, including youngsters - today i think Britain is a laughing stock
i know for one - if ever Hitler had the chance to attack again, we'd not stand a bloody chance