Things I learned today....

2»

Comments

• I learned that you can get a great Halloween outfit from Asda without spending a fortune.

• Someone turn those Asda alarms off please.

I learned that a padded gel saddle on my old bike is much more comfy than the racing razor on my new road bike.

• I also learned that this is my 17,000th post on RW.

Now that IS totally pointless.

• "Streets of London" by Ralph McTell was originally going to be called "Streets of Paris"

• Foam rollers hurt, a bloody lot image  Used one tonight for the first time ever, and I didnt expect it to be an entirely pleasurable experience but I also did not expect that. Calf muscles hurt, Quads hurt a lot, after trying my IT band I am tempted to but it on Ebay as hardly used, one careful owner !!  Does it get any easier or do you at least get used to the pain ? image

• Emmy_H wrote (see)

I finally learnt how to open a jar of pickle without having human strength (bang the lid on the corner)

Also if you run hot water over it for about 20 seconds image

I discovered there IS a way to standardise the volume of all the tracks on my iPod so I'm no longer having to constantly adjust the sound.

• Rich Jackson wrote (see)

Foam rollers hurt, a bloody lot image  Used one tonight for the first time ever, and I didnt expect it to be an entirely pleasurable experience but I also did not expect that. Calf muscles hurt, Quads hurt a lot, after trying my IT band I am tempted to but it on Ebay as hardly used, one careful owner !!  Does it get any easier or do you at least get used to the pain ? image

It gets easier, but I think that just lulls you into a flase sense of security. Then you visit a physio and discover there is something more painful than foam rolling ITB (i.e. sadistic physio getting in there with elbows, needles and other torture impliments)