Beginners running schedule

I've downloaded the beginners 10k running schedule which looks OK, but I wondered how fast I should be going. The schedule says "easy", but what does this mean. Am currently on 10 minute mileing, so one runner's easy, is another's marathon!

Comments

• I think you've hit the nail on the head. "Easy" is whatever it means to you. No doubt someone will let you know what the HRM manufacturers mean by "easy" pace, but I take it to mean a pace I can maintain for the length of the run and finish up feeling like I could do more. Not very scientific, but simple to remember!
  • I'd go with Mungus's definition (despite reading loads of threads I still don't understand the HRM thingies).

Easy means you kept going without stopping, just raising a sweat so when you finish you know you've done some exercise but also know you could do more. - how does that compare with how you feel after, say, 3 miles of 10m/m?
  • 3 miles of 10m/m is ok. Trying to up it at the moment with my new running partner, whose quicker, (first 2 miles in a stunning 17.11!!), so I struggled on the way back. This is also partly to do with a mind thing though isn't it? Plus I need to learn to pace myself.