adrenaline while training

If, hypothetically, someone were to play Resident Evil, then go for a run in the dark on unlit forest paths, would their training benfit (or suffer?) due to adrenaline and being concerned about lurking zombies?  Is there merit in training in a high heart rate zone, even if this is induced by fear rather than exertion?  

Comments

• Interesting.

I've no idea though !
  • I hazard the guess that if playing a computer game is enough to spike your adrenaline, then you should wait until you're out of nappies before you go running in the dark. image

• Bizarre idea.

1) Your training would probably benefit more if you spent the time you were playing resident evil either running for longer or doing some other cross/strength training.

2) I think your training enjoyment would plummet in comparison to a nice slow LSR in the sunshine on a Sunday morning in the open countryside!

3) SHIT! Are zombies real? I never realised.

• SomeOldDog wrote (see)

I hazard the guess that if playing a computer game is enough to spike your adrenaline, then you should wait until you're out of nappies before you go running in the dark. image

Because playing is only for babies.  I get it.  image 

Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

Bizarre idea.

1) Your training would probably benefit more if you spent the time you were playing resident evil either running for longer or doing some other cross/strength training.

I think even the most committed runner is allowed (nay, encouraged) to take some time off from training.

And bear in mind, this is a hypothetical question.  I was just wondering if heart rate per se was the important factor, or heart rate was just a proxy for effort being exerted.

• Try walking through St Anns, Nottingham one evening. It's like Call of Duty down there so you will inevitably run as you are sh1tting yourself. Now you have killed two stones with one bird and you heart rate shoots sky high. Happy days