Options

Hadrian's Wall 2013

1434445464749»

Comments

• Options

Stretching like mad and avoiding the massage, but recovery run for me, the Coombe Abbey marathon on Sunday 

• Options

Weedy - Plan X (is/was) a run along St Cuthbet's Way from Melrose in the Borders to Lindisfarne - it's a 100km Long Distance Walking Path. I was going to do it on 3 August as a birthday treat, but think it's best to hang on and recover properly - also some family stuff has come up. Still going to do it, just not quite so soon.

Also rethinking kit a bit - thought I was pretty light, but The Wall taught me otherwise... Has anyone tried a Nathan Vapor Wrap? Having done a bit of research (well, I'm not running right now, what else am I going to do?) it was that, the UltraAspire Omega or the Ultimate Direction SJ pack. So far I'm liking the Nathan reviews best.

• Options

alastair... Everyone remembers the pain longer than the runner does image

Yea, its the Thames 100 (Centurion) I'm entering tomorrow... I'll let you know if I get in. Weedy, the 24 hour race is The Joust on 17th (ish) of August.

Has everyone's bookmark page been changed? I have to go through the forums to find this thread now image

• Options

Oops left unsupervised with the iPad I've entered Chester Mara in Oct... 

• Options

RaRa - just think of it as doing your bit to get the economy moving again

• Options

Back running tomorrow night with the club for a steady 7/8miles.

Can't wait to get out and turn the legs over.

• Options

Coombe abbey marathon today, it was too early and hated every inch of it

• Options

Ah yes ouch.  I am not really on speedy sneakers and therefore leading, I am an improving runner A doing all the races on the grand prix. 

Just some comment on the TdF with GC being the way it is, it would appear likely that in addition to the glory of a stage win, the team winning tomorrow's stage will also take yellow. The following are the highest placed riders for each team and therefore the riders who are most likely (not guaranteed) to be in yellow tomorrow evening should their team win the stage.

1 Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard 12:21:27 2 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun 0:00:01 3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 7 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Sharp 8 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 10 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 11 Nicolas Roche (Irl) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 12 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 16 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida 17 Eduard Vorganov (Rus) Katusha   19 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 29 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 36 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 41 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra) FDJ 43 Davide Malacarne (Ita) Team Europcar 70 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits 109 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Argos-Shimano 0:13:01

I think we can probably discount Tom Dumoulin who, despite being the best placed Argos-Shimano rider is 13 minutes down.  All the rest are within one second.   Comment http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

• Options

Just returned from hols hence the rather tardy update. A massive well done to all for the stirling efforts over The Wall weekend. Many thanks Cabbey for the Friday evening bash .. excellent spread and pre-event company. A thoroughly enjoyable event made by the participants, supporters (who are all fantastic) and the organisers. Huge hats off to everyone. Hope the recovery is going well. I hope to be back next year. It was my first ultra effort and managed to bring it home in just under 16hrs 30mins. Time not the memorable part. The finish and the people .. outstanding. Salute!