Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up on that Danster999 image

• SD- surely he must have been doing it for a dare..but if it's the guy you are thinking of, I seem to recall running past a guy in similar attire swearing at the top of his head at himself. It was going up Bwlch Y Groes and am sure most of us are inwardly giving it some fruity language. Wont repeat the exact phrases but his legs were being called some choice things. Was most hilariousimage

TR40 and Panad, will make it to Excalibur one year. Sounds amazing.

18 miles for me today, taper for next week's Gloucester marathon but can't quite get in the mode. Have sneaky feeling weather may stop playimage. Don't mind running the thing in snow, it's the 2 hr journey to it that's the concern.

Snow hitting the Midlands tomorrow evening then all day Monday. Yeh, get the thermals out for some cross country, headtorch funimageimage. Anyone got snow yet?

• No snow in the far north (orkney), just the usual wind
    14 miles under the belt this morning

• Brer good going on 18 miler!!

7miles down prom today was only ment to be 5 mile recovery but was enjoying myself! 7:46 av pace, hope tomorrows long run dose not suffer to much image
  • 4 miles XC race today - ground conditions much better than expected, but a few testing undulations image  Plodded round to be third lady for our Club (no disrespect to our team, but we are never going to win any medals image) and didn't get lapped image   Have decided to invest in some xc spikes ..... trail shoes just weren't grippy enough today!

Would be lovely to get some snow   ....... I think image

Brer - bet we're talking about the same person image

• Oh Other Half..you live in an area I would love to visit one day, it sounds heavenly.

TR40, a good thrash down the prom sounds awesome buddy.

SD-go girl..xc spikes..tell me more?

Good luck JD, or is it too late now?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Brer- too late now image Trial was great success- great scenic course and finish right outside the cafe! Also got to meet Jenf image

Few extra miles and an evening recovery run in Arctic winds for around 15m for the day- which surprised me! image

SD- XC spikes the way to go, but they normally come with 6mm spikes which are useless in deep mud. I bought some 12mm spikes to replace these with- couple of quid well spent image
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Good going Brer image you can send some snow this way if you wantimage

Mojo slowly returning, just need my speed&endurance to come with it now!

I definitely remember a man running in full white skins, hmmm don't think I'll follow his example.. image
  • Cross country today. Ave 6.10 min/ mile. Quite pleased considering the conditions. And getting spiked in the Achilles at the start of the race. 14 miles on " The Cotswold Way" in the morning.
  • Cross country today. Ave 6.10 min/ mile. Quite pleased considering. The conditions. And getting spiked at the start. 14 miles on " The Cotswold Way" in the morning.
  • ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

snowing in dolgellau - started just after we got back from our run - slightly gutted love running throught he forestry in snow flakes it's so pretty.

hope the weather isn't going to scupper my newly regenerated motivation though

some great running and race entering going on on here as usual image well done everyone

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    I just had the best possible combination- my easiest 20m training run and one of my fastest non-MP runs! I found myself looking at my watch in disbelief in the final miles as I rolled along effortlessly (ok on a bit of a downhill) at 6.3x pace lol! 20.01m in 2.18.39 (6.56av) splits: 7:31 7:25 7:26 7:19 7:15 7:12 7:11 7:14 7:07 7:06 6:50 6:47 6:40 6:39 6:31 6:34 6:38 6:32 6:27 6:13 2

105m for the week too image
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    A BIG NO TO SNOW from me!!!
  • Blimey only 1C in Gerlan this afternoon but thankfully there was little wind otherwise it would have been hellish cold.

Managed to walk as far as Yr Aryg but above 2000ft it was snowing quite heavily and i only saw two people out walking which made me think it was time to head for home

It just goes to show that walking in the mountains in mid winter you have to be prepared for anything.

got home to llandudno and no sign of snow and 4C and rain. 

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

3:00

• jason d (5th SNOD)
    • wayne mayer 2 (4th SNOD)

3:30

• Greg C.
    • stephen kavanagh 
    3:45
    • Tattooed Runner41 (4th SNOD)

3:49

• Run Jono (7th SNOD)

4:00

• BritNick
    • Kandinsky

4:15

• touie 2

4:45

• Other Half

5:00

• Lemmy (2nd SNOD)
    • Mrs Lemmy (2nd SNOD)
    • Steve J

Also running

• Banterful
    • Bluemoon86  (1st SNOD)
    • brer rabbit
    • Caity
    • Camlo
    • Cap66
    • ChefRunner31 (3rd SNOD)
    • Chimney
    • Chrissi
    • Danster 999
    • Dennis Hussey (2nd SNOD)
    • Elli of the North
    • Fenland Runner
    • ffRAN
    • Fiona Evs 7
    • HeOw
    • jenf
    • joe 26.2 (3rd SNOD)
    • John Bach (7th SNOD)
    • KingKenny
    • Laudy
    • Leigh C-H
    • mcs
    • megalily
    • Moving Along
    • Mr Ben
    • Mr panad
    • panad
    • paulsamchrimbo
    • Pete Thomas 6 (2nd SNOD)
    • pinkbug (1st SNOD)
    • powell1
    • Reydon Rover (5th SNOD)
    • Slimswannie (1st SNOD)
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • STEVE TAYLOR 27
    • stilldreaming (6th SNOD)
    • The Lazy Greyhound
    • T Rex (7th SNOD)
    • Ultra Disco Stu
    • Wabo

• Fellrunner
    • T Rex (100th mara)
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Peter L - can we count on you being there for another go in 2013?  Sorry about your DNF last year.

It would take more than a bit of snow to stop you, jason.

Any news from Nicola Q and gang?

Just hurt my shoulder swinging into the loft through the hatch.  Hope that hasn't set back my recovery which was starting to speed up.

• mitiogmitiog ✭✭✭

I've entered!  No idea what sort of time I'll manage on such a hill course - I'm 5hrs on the flat.  Not sure what I'm letting myself in for!

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    T. rex- lol, you're right about the snow- especially with my newly acquired Yaktrax image Saw NQ out today while on my long run. Why are you swinging around???? image

Mitiog- welcome. It's a breeze! image
  • Jason, will enjoy hearing your exploits with Yaktrax..purchased some 2 yrs ago and haven't tried them yet. Say hi to NQ from me please.

Trex, have you turned into Tarzan now you have a bit of time on your hands?

Welcome aboard mitiog.

Hey Chrissi, I'd have have a quick hot choccie drink then turned out again. It sounds fab for a run along the forest tracks in snow.

Well, woke up to a scattering of snow..it had to be done. Wasnt going to run today after 18 miles yesterday and apparently supposed to be tapering...but 'wotever'. 9 miles in glorious sunshine and fresh snow. We are supposed to be getting a load tonight here.

• T Rex, count me out this year please. Gutted I can't make it, 90th birthday party I can't miss, NOT MINE! My snowdonia run fix this year will be the Snowdon Race, hopefully...
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Megalily- but wouldn't an entry make a great birthday present???

Brer- praying I don't need the Yaktrax! My training has been going nice and smoothly for a change!
  • Laudy cheers for the contact! I'll look him up. Convenient too. I have an absurdly high pain threshold, occasionally gets me in trouble, after the event. Rest definitely ain't the cure, I was bed ridden all December with campylobacter (keba-obacter) poisoning. First run in 6 weeks on friday, same problem kicked in at 3 miles. still aches today.
  • Jason D LOL, I'd be excommunicated, or worse!
  • T Rex can you please add me on to 4:45 with other half image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Wow, its an impressive team list above! I may set myself a time as training progresses. At the moment I'll be happy to finish. image It's my 1st SNOD

• Crumbs some of you are super Speedy! Can't do a single 7 min mile, let alone a stack on the trot!

TRex - can I suggest swinging through hatches is probably not on the recovery plan......

Megalily- hope you find relief and a 'cure' and can get back to running soon.

No snow on my 8 hilly miles earlier but a dusting now which looks quite pretty.

I'll go with Elli on 4:45 but of course I could be much slower!
  • Wayne M - boo to being spiked! Could have been nasty?
  • Jenf you'll love it, it's amazing! Last was my first, blew me away. Sad to miss out this year, defo back in 2014...

Camlo cheers!

Good luck all of you, I'll be following progress...
  • Elli and Camio See you on the start line ...
    ... maybe at the finish line too! image

jenf will be my 1st SNOD too

• Camlo.it was my own fault. I was trying to get past someone and cut across the path of a runner directly behind me.. Luckily no real damage to me, but my spikes have got a big hole on the back now..

Planned to do 14 miles today. Ended up doing 15.5 with over 1800 feet of ascent. Legs didn't feel too bad after yesterday's xcountry race. Running in the Cotswolds on a frosty morning with great company helps .