Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• JD image

Happy birthday TR41imageimageX

• Happy birthday TR41 image

Well done with job JD image and good luck at weekend

Loved the snow running report TRex

I'm still lurking around just not had much to chat about recently.  Did manage 3 runs last week woop woop and not as hard as i thought so my "rest" period hasn't done me too much harm.  Did think i was going to come a cropper on one run though as i was almost forced off the path by a gang of very rude walkers coming towards me - 4 abreast right across the path in several rows and couldn't be bothered to move slightly over so i could plod by image 

• Hiya Chrissi..should have just barged through the middle of them!

I have sad news...my beloved Garmin has finally passed away and gone to knock on the door of the heaven for expired running watches. It has completed 6443 miles with me and will be sadly missedimageimage. Now then, Amazonia.com calls to me with great temptation..tis the work of the devilimage.  Ok, I'll go and lie down for a while, clearly am not thinking straight after my loss!!

• Brer - RIP garmin image     did wish after i had bashed into them but then they would of probably had a go at me  - not the first time i've encountered groups such as this and they are never in the wrong - and before anyone gets upset and thinks i'm having a go at all walkers it is definately the minority of walkers that fall into this catagory most of them are lovely to share the trails with.  Hoping to head more up tomorrow so will only meet hardcore bikers who really are a lovely bunch - probably cos they know the effort it's taken to get up there.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

• Snowdon again... it'll be my 9th this year... how misunderstood is the runners psyche? I know I cannot miss out on another Eryri but have to force my readiness with Copenhagen mara, Båstad (Sweden) mara and another yet to be entered just to push myself.  Nice to see the same hardcore names on this thread again image

Happy weekend UK people!

(I live in Sweden now, so it's -7 trot in snow tomorrow)

• Oh heck - in again for the third time ... this is becoming a habit image

• Hi Moose image

Chrissi good to here from you image

Chris gets in the blood this one, toying with doing Chester, Snod double again :-

)

Easy 6 miles this morning.
  • TR - Know what you mean about getting in your blood ... Would be great to see you at Chester - ideal for last pre-snod LR image 

• Chris H 26.2 wrote (see)

TR - Know what you mean about getting in your blood ... Would be great to see you at Chester - ideal for last pre-snod LR image 

Or pre- Snod PBimage

• Brer Rabbit - try contacting Garmin support before Amazon.
    They will usually replace a (totally) defunct model with an as new refurbished replacement for just over £50

• Final XC race of season yesterday in Cheltenham.   Good course and first run in spikes image Can't believe the difference they made and just wish I'd taken the plunge before!   OK, so I didn't exactly win the race image, but just the fact that I wasn't slipping and sliding around like Bambi made such a difference.   Here's to next year image

• Hi team, welcome back Chrisimage

Cheers for that Other Half..love my Garmin and looking at price of stuff, could do with a 50 quid bill instead. Having said that, I shook it about a bit and wiggled the buttons..and it has come back to life again. Did 20 miles yesterday and 10 miles today without a hitch but there is that element of doubt nowimage

Can't do Chester this year due to Abingdon but sure to be back next year..fab event.

SD, I may need spikes next week at Hardmoors marathonimage

JD, half marathon today?

• Brer- ah, you remembered my half...I was trying to avoid that subject! image After having run 8m all week long cos of work stuff, I had some idea that I might just have fresh legs for this hilly mixed terrain half. Of course, this was a foolish thought- the shock of going from multiple 100m weeks to nowt suddenly had led to my hamstrings, glutes and back seizing up. image Managed to loosen them up a bit with a slow warm up and everything seemed ok, if a bit sluggish, until 9m when the problem came back to bite me in the bum- literally- at around the 9m mark. The last 4m was a frustrating shuffle back to base, being unable to open my stride at all! Got 3rd vet, but far from being a good day- or time. Oh well, onwards and upwards! A bit of jogging and stretching seems to be helping today- and am back on track with training as from today. The week off work helps! image
  • Just found i have been successful in the Great North Run ballotimage

Never run this before.

Feel quite excited.Sept/Oct are going to be big months. This news has give me the kick up the backside i need. Not done mch running since Xmas due to work commitments. Will pop out this afternoon for a few miles.

Llanelli 10 mile on Sunday. Not going to be to fast but looking forward.

• Wow, been following all this good running! I was just wondering when everyone else completes their runs? I go out early before work you see and the passers-by look at me gone out, running around at 6:30! Didnt think it was that unusual lol.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I try to run during the middle of the day, especially in winter since cold air tends to bring on asthma symptoms.

Managed a 12-miler last week: out 54:05, return 52:29, and reasonably happy. After about 6 miles of running my left arm goes a mixture of numb and feeling as if it's burning.  The pain is constant irrespective of how I hold the arm or whether I move it or keep it still.  Also occasions I wear a rucksack the arm quickly loses sensation.  All this is a little disturbing since in about 6 weeks I'm going to be running 33 offroad miles, with a rucksack!

Next LSR 16 miles on Thursday.

• Slims- am runs normally start at 5.45, pm runs start anytime from 4pm to 8pm

Steve- see you there! I'm using the 10m as the second part of my 20 and hoping to run at pMP..... image
  • oooh JD hope your back ok now after the half total sympathy as mine was not happy this morning seems to be easing now though. 

T-Rex - do you need to go and get that checked out????? doesn't sound like something you should ignore.

and some news ofr all you ultra types Trail Marathon Wales is apparently going to have an Ultra version in 2014 - they are announcing details at this years half & marathon event.  should be a good one Mr C looked at me in horror when i told him still a girl can dream - but maybe i should concentrate on getting around the half this year first - then maybe try the full again next year even though i did sort of say i wouldn't do another marathon probably .......... image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Trail ultras?  Now you're talking!

jason - and when do you do your lunchtime runs?

• T Rex- I rarely run 3 times a day at the momentimage

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

soaked to the skin twice at the weekend..so cold cold cold this eve.. oh the delights of running  image

Made some lush pancakes this eve, put oatmeal in the batter mix (my attempt at making them healthier) and served with banana n maple syrup, yum yum.  Anyone else indulge this eve??

• Jenf- I indulged in steamed pollack, 2 new potatoes, carrots and broad beans image

Here's one for you! :

Anyone in South or West Wales - details of a new Parkrun event here: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/llynllechowain/ image
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

JD that's a very wierd filling for a pancake! image

• LaudyLaudy ✭✭✭

No pancakes here, but I did spot Wales' latest parkrun on the site earlier!  Well done guys, looks a great little course.  Will def be heading down there at some point, prob post VLM though.  Legs still on strike image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Just been on parkrun site! YEH image I'm looking forward to improving my 5k time this spring/summer!

Why are your legs on strike Laudy? injured?

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Plenty of pancakes here image - jenf banana&maple syrup in one of mine as well!

16miles done on Saturday in the rain, then a progressive run yesterday, planning on a short plod tomorrow then 18miles planned for Friday.... legs are getting used to the miles again image
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hi folks.  Been to fracture clinic again this morning, also seeing a physio this time.  They all seemed fairly happy with my progress but physio said my left shoulder blade has "winged".  Apparently it has moved out of line with my back and has become angled backwards slightly.

Shouldn't really have been left 3 months - now have four exercises to do, one of them every hour!  Lest I turn into a fairy.  Wouldn't want that to happen!

• panadpanad ✭✭✭

hope the exercises sort things out TRex, doesn't sound good image