Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Hope you've enjoyed the break SS, let us know when you re-open and Mr panad and I will stop by for lunch as we're over in the area most weeks now..
  • 18 over the weekend, then Sunday off, went to watch Mrs Lemmy do final South Essex XC of the season... They gave the runners a 25 years anniversary medal... Nice...

6 run home last night, the 12 run home tonight (MP. 8 LOL, most probably 8:30!) then speedwork Thursday, 6 run home Friday, run Director at Valentines parkrun Saturday and Tunbridge Wells Half Sunday...

Have a good week all...

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

It was still light when I got home from work this eve, YES!! image  beautiful sunset down on the beach, just a little recovery run, but so enjoyable!

SS hope it all comes together for you n you can get open for easter, and run again.

• Hiya team, SS..hope it all comes together for you soon. I'm still in North Yorkshire post-marathon.Holy hell, my legs are still trashed.Even walking the hills of Scarborough hurt..back to it tomorrow image
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the Llanelli ultra on saturday? I'm handing out the water n jellybabies image

• meeeeimage think i'll need all the jelly babies i can get!!!

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Where's jason?  I think he's got a birthday coming up.  You defending your title, buddy?

• Hello everyone! Just joined the forum and would like someone to tell me which part of the Snowdonia Marathon is the hardest! I'm scared cos this will be my first marathon!image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi pinkbug, look forward to cheering you on!

• Brrr .... that's one cold wind blowing out there tonight.   Just back from an 8 mile club run and had to run hard to keep from freezing!   Still, at least it was dry, which makes a change image

Hi Christina - welcome to the "madhouse".   The hardest part is entering, the rest is a doddle image  There are a few on here who did Snowdonia as their first marathon, so I'm sure they'll be happy to offer a few thoughts.   It's a great race and once you've run it, you'll be thinking about entering again before you've left Llanberis image

• Thanks jenf, i'll be the tall skinny old granny who thinks she's super womanimage

• Thanks stilldreaming! Did some hill-training this morning and running down was wonderful!

• Hi guys- back from the dead again!! I ran our local bumpy trail parkrun in a comfortable 20.08 today, but apart from a recovery run on Monday followed by a sports massage that has been it! This happens EVERY February- work just gets so hectic at this time of year that running has to take a back seat. Might well have to reassess my target for VLM, but hey- ho.... The bonus is that the job lets me train like a demon for autumn maras image
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    16miles in the snow (falling rather than on the ground) up the the pass and back again for me this morning. Nice to clear the cobwebs before the rugby, the Eisteddfod with the youngest and then a party tonight. After football and the usual Sunday madness tomorrow I think I'll be going back to work on Monday for a rest!
  • Hello team, back from marathon madness-home to unpacking and usual havoc! Snow here too Panad..hope the party is niceimage. Two weeks until next marathon...

• Morning gang

Brer well done matey image

Panad good going my friend!

Everyone else keep it up!!

Been under the weather this week still full of a cold, yet yesterday managed to run 2nd fast 10 miles i ever done 1:16:54 28 sec of my PB set at llandudno 10 2 years ago. Didn't feel like i was pushing to hard either B-)
  • brer- well doneimage

panad- snow?? Good going!

TR41- hope you shake the cold soon, but doesn't sound like it's getting in your way- lol!

Got my sorry butt out of the door today for a 16 miler (recovery week- although I may have taken that to extremes- lol!) Bit of rust in the legs, but it was ok cos the plan was to run it comfortably- last mile at pmp thoughimage 6m all up, 2m flat, 6m all downimage = 16m in 1.54.19 (7.09 av) splits for those who like that kind of thing image:  7:29 7:27 7:26 7:25 7:25 7:29 7:29 7:24 7:21 7:25 7:12 6:43 6:42 6:37 6:30 6:13

27.9m, for the week!!! lol!

• Hi team, base camp in order post-hols..why do I pack so much stuff for a week.

TR41..your next event is soon isn't it? Great time there boyo!

JD-couldn't you have rounded it up to 28 miles?image

Well, my marathon recovery week mileage has hit an all time madness..27.5 on Sunday (marathon), 12 on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, 18 on Friday and 20 today. I feel fully recovered nowimageimage

Welcome to newcomers..experience the madness of this forumimage

• Brer- we had a 40 here yesterday. You could have done that too, nutter! image
  • Oh buggar, could have popped down for that!image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

I had a great time marshalling at the Ultra yesterday. I met some really interesting people. I even ran a few miles when I went looking for the last runner!

I feel inspired...image

• Well done, jenf

T Rex- as you will realise, I didn't defend my title. Would have got in the way of VLM again. Missed it though.....Next year, I may decide to go down the ultra route more- I really fancy doing the Barry 40- even got someone who has offered to support and lap count image Then again, I may just decide to pursue a faster mara.....
  • As usual, the mileage you guys have done this week puts me to shame image

Mind you, I am now the proud owner of a new pair of Inov8 Roclites, which I tested out yesterday on ground that was far too dry to give a fair test, but they look promising.   Decided I needed a "waffly bottom" after sliding around on my last trail race and realising that the people maintaining traction all had a different sole on their shoes to me!   First test in "anger" will be at the Cloud 9 this Sunday - still expect to be near the back of the field, but at least I'll be near the back in shiny new shoes image    (FWIW - I can thoroughly recommend Pete Bland Sports mail order - always get the best of service from them!).

• I had a great day at the Ultra on Saturday tooimage, my first one. Definately back next year-just need to break the news to hubby,,,,,,,,,

• Greetings from snowy/icy, cold Minnesota. I'm enjoying everyone's reports. My quest for SNOD began today with a SLOW 5.5 mile trudge around a frozen lake. I'll run a flatish marathon in June and then add hills to get ready for SNOD #2. Can't wait to try it again! 

• Greetings from miserable misty, wet and cold Derbyshire Peteimage Glad you are coming back for another go at the Beauty!

SD..lol...love my roclites..good luck at Cloud 9..is that in Staffordshire?

Jason..you call me a nutter.....imageimage

• Brer lol!

Well, that's it! snod 2013 is full up and entries are closed!
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Did some hill sprints this eve, freezing wind, my little face was SO cold!

Is anyone doing the Llanelli Half this Sunday? I'll be wearing some outrageous flowery gear, if you spot me say hello. image

• Holy hell, forgot to send my entry in....NOT!!!imageimageimage

jenf...can sympathise, went for 12 miler last night and it took until 8 miles for my hands to warm up. Good luck for Sunday though, it may have warmed up a bit by then.

Pinkbug, well done on the ultra, dont bother telling hubby, just announce the day before-that's what I do!!!

• Brer - http://www.congleton-harriers.co.uk/cloud9  Entries close tomorrow, so just time to enterimage