Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Brer will probably get lost!!! Panad was the navigator out the two of us!!
  • Oh crumbs - sorry to read about your accident Panad.  Hope you feel better soon.

Brer - good luck at Ashby.   Have you run this race before?   Great sweatshirt and goody bag.   If you get there early, can recommend car park by The Royal Hotel - it's right by the finish and saves a walk at the end of race image  There'll be a few from my club there, but I won't be one of them as I'm saving myself for Coniston 14 next weekend image  Hope it goes well for you.

• Panad that's awful, did they actually stop?

good luck to all the racers this weekend - hoping our 'round the lakes' is dry!
  • TR41 ..do you want a running buddy?image

• Brer Any time B-) you mad enough that for sure!! :-P
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭

Brer - If you want me to contact the race organisers and see if you can run officially, in my place, I'm happy to..they might be ok with it.

Feeling v sore this morning, but other than that I should mend quick enough.  I was lucky in not only where I landed but also the car behind the van contained as off duty police officier and a paramedic range rover was going the other direction at the same time and was able to stop so I had instant help.  Several other drivers stopped and got the details of the van driver and gave statements to the police - who seemed more annoyed that he had to adjust his wing mirror than that I might be injured image

Now just to 'be good' and recover properly and quickly image

• Panad, someone watching over you buddyimage You will be back out there in no time. We will have to go and run the course soon as you well image Lynda sends her love.

• Quite on here today, 5 mile trail run this morning 1200+ft of climb in the hills behind Abergelle castle, beautiful views, beautiful skys. Wouldn't thinimagek it now all grey and raining image settling down now to watch the rugby, come on Wales!! image
  • Now that's how you play rugby imageimageimageimage
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Da iawn Hogiau! Great game image
  • Da iawn Hogiau!  Panad, has it cheered you up? Phew girl..glad you had some immediate help there. Lots of hugs being sent over to you via t'internetimage Thank you for the offer but I've gone and entered it anyway...it looks such a cracking jaunt and we can't have TR41 getting lost (ha, ha..says she who can't navigate around supermarket). I have Ashby 20 tomorrow..thanks for the tip-off SD re. parking. I did it last year and cant recall much about it to be honest. A week after a marathon was bad planning and another marathon next week is even more bad planning..hey ho!!!!imageimage.

Is it spring yet?

Anyone else doing anything tomorrow?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

panad- sorry to hear about your accident- glad no major harm doneimage

TR41- nice running againimage

brer- best of luck for tomorrow. Nothing planned here other than a 22m LR

A good day's running here today!image First off 6.2m including leading the field home in our hilly and muddy trail Parkrun in 19.44, then a post-lunch 10.05m in 1.11.50 and finally a 4.1m recovery run to round off the dayimage

• JD-cheers bud. Not planning on a good time, too much time on the trail has led to pace reduction. You make my adventures look like child's play!!image

• yay, that's how to play rugby!!

Race today was 'interesting' starting in sunshine and hitting hail by mile 5 and then heavy snow for another 6/7. Did 20 in 3hr3 mins though so that's good for me!

Fab on the double runs JD, you do have rest days too??

Panad - will van driver pay for a new bike?
  • (Panad) much! Hope you get some sleep over coming weeks. Shame about the race but you will get back out there.

Suspect van driver will be paying out for rather more than a new bike!

I'm currently on post marathon recovery time.
  • Brer You a defo certifiable!!! Will be great to run with you image

Panad Hope you not to sore matey.

Camlo Great running there image

JD Cracking days running as always image

Right cup of coffee then out for 15 miles, road today not as much fun as the trails but still looking forward to it image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Hi Team! Its good to be back, I had a lovely time with my daughterimage I've just read back over missed posts, but there are too many to comment on, so I'm starting again as of today! However I have to say you're all looking GOOD!

Sorry to read of your accident Panad, hope all heals quickly.

I got out for a hilly 14.5 miles today. and managed to keep sub 10.00 pace, so I was quite happy! Found a route than I think will be good for LSR training.

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

Panad - hope your ok and glad van man isn't going to get away with it

Did the middle (hard) 8 miles of trail 1/2 yesterday image enjoyed but had forgotton how tough some of it was.  didn't quite end up in the right place at one point despite a map image but luckily knew where i was when i popped out onto the road and how to get back to where i needed to be all thoses SNOD  road miles last year were useful after all.

Hope everyones races went well

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Camlo- recovery days mainly image Sounds like an interesting race!

OH- enjoy the rest! image

TR41- hope the run went well image

Jenf- welcome back! Nice running- you'll have to let me know the route. I think I've worn a groove in the Swiss Valley path lol! image

MM61- nice running! image

Today was always going to be tough after yesterday's 20m and I even thought about turning back after 2.5m lol! Glad I carried on cos it eventually got easier and I managed 22m in 2.39.15, a bit slower than normal at 7.14 av, but happy enough after yesterday's mauling image splits: 7:32 7:31 7:39 7:29 7:33 7:29 7:27 7:30 7:34 7:18 7:19 7:20 7:17 7:19 7:20 7:20 7:12 6:43 6:46 6:34 6:31 6:25 2
  • Hi all and welcome back to Blighty Jenf.

Great going again by Team Snod. Camlo-JD never has a day off. He doesn't like the TV!!image Washing machine must be running 24/7 in your house Jason.

Well, I set off with great trepidation to do Ashby 20 as first road race for ages. I knew there was a risk that trail-hopping was going to have affected pace even though I know training runs around home on road have remained consistent. Loads of hassle with parking and toilets as usual, set off in reasonable conditions and then it started to snow-proper chunks of the horrible stuff. First 5 miles were like purgatory, too soon after last week's marathon I thought. This could be my first DNF. Anyway, decided that I would get colder pulling out and walking so got my head down and just went for it. Hey, to my surprise, I managed it 10 minutes faster than last year-2hrs 39 mins (Garmin-no results yet) and I am hoping that this now translates into a sub 3:30 at London if I don't do anything silly imageimage So my plan is to ....do Excalibur marathon next Saturday with TR41. Sounds a solid and reasonable plan...do you think??image.

TR41, looking forward to it..give me trail anyday. Panad..how are you today buddy?

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Brer- top running! image well done for sticking it out, though I never had any doubts! image Is 3.30 GFA for the ladies btw? image
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Cheers for all the well wishes guys, managed to get some sleep last night and today (fri night was too painful and I hate sleeping on my back so the two combined wasn't conducive to a good night!) and it's definitely helped image hoping that it all works similar to DOMS (as presumably it is?!) and it should start to get easier from now on...

Brer - well done! You'll love the excalibur course, and I think despite them removing the sting in the tail at the end they've improved the course by removing most of the road sections - it's stunning image

OH enjoy the post marathon downtime image

Welcome back jenf!

Good running as always the rest of you
  • JD-I've already got a gfa place for next year's London marathon but I suspect I'll not be there! Once only to the Big Smoke for meimage

Cheers Panad, however I fear for our survival without your navigational skills. Do you have a Garmin route I could attempt to put in watch? (No idea how to do it but could learn quick if it means we get back alive!!!). Really hope you get better quick, your fitness levels will help, I'm sure. xx

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    I've put the route on fetch Brer

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1234730

and TR41 is going to borrow my 305 with the route on, between those,the marshals and the other runners you really shouldn't go too wrong!
  • Panad..I owe you a pintimage  BTW...have you seen the forecast? You may be glad you aren't doing itimage

• I know that sometimes discretion is the better part of valour but (and it really, REALLY hurts this Englishman to admit this) WELL PLAYED WALES image

On the plus side although I've had a really busy couple of weeks the training has gone really well and with a week until my first Half Marathon of the year I'm feeling really confident that I'm going to smash my pb (01:51:13) and think I may have a good chance at a 1:45!

It's the first time I've followed a "proper" training plan and it's been a real buzz to see it all coming together.

I've only done a handful of races and I'm sure there's still plenty that can go wrong on the day but whatever happens it feels like my running has taken a real stride forward and I've laid a solid foundation for my run into my first SNOD! image

• Kandinsky Diolch yn fawr iawn and well done on training smash that pb!!! image

Panad Hope you healing well my friend, will pick watch up om Wednesday if that ok image

Brer we be fine!! image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    6.5m this morning and 5.2m this evening- nothing happened....

Where's T Rex???
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

My legs are a bit heavy today after my hilly run yesterday... I think I have a lot of work to put before I'm fit for SNODimage

JD, I'll let you know my route on Sat at parkrun if you're there. It takes in 'graveyard hill'

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow's fine TR41

Plenty of time before SNOD jenf,don't worryimage

General mobility definitely improving here image