• #1411  KingKenny (1st SNOD)
    • #458  wrexhamrob
    • #585  Other Half  (1st SNOD)
    • #1436  Reydon Rover  (5th SNOD)

Sub-5:00

• #2317  Camlo  Nurse uniform
    • Stilldreaming  (6th SNOD)

Sub-7:00

• #108  Peter John Lewis (unsure how many SNODs because some were technically DNSs)

Running round the mountain:

• brer rabbit
    • Bristol303  (1st mara image)
    • Britrisky
    • Chrissi
    • Cougie
    • dave williams2  (1st SNOD)
    • Duffs2
    • #1661  Chimney  (4th SNOD)
    • FlatBoy  (1st SNOD)
    • #2155  jenf (1st SNOD)
    • joesbox
    • John Bach
    • Kandinsky
    • KateF
    • #545  Mr panad  (2nd SNOD)
    • #2140  panad  (5th SNOD)
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • ringo100
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • Stanners from the Bridge  (1st mara image)
    • #879 Steve J  (1st SNOD)
    • Strag RouteMaster (3rd SNOD)
    • Tattooed Runner 41
    • Wabo  (1st SNOD)

• Chrissi
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Oops - I'll move you up 10 minutes in the next edition, jason.  Glad you're going to make it.

I think in 2012 there was another, different pinkbug.

Any mistakes/additions for list, please post.

If I can find it I will post a pacing schedule that worked for me when pacing a sub-4:00 group for three years (2007-09), each time resulting in a 3:59 finish.  I've currently lost my 'marathon folder' with all my info in, for which every member of my family apart from me is getting the blame.

Got an estimate for car repairs for £1100, so the car is going.  Eight bent valves and two wrecked hydraulic lifters so far.  They're bound to find other things as well.

Check your cars to see when you last had a new cambelt/timing belt fitted - you don't want this happening to you.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I'll be there come rain or ...

... rain. image

• In 2011 and 2012 I finished in just about the same time 3:58 however the splits were slightly different:

5 mile splits

2012 44:55, 39:11,45:15, 44:32, 54:44

2011 46:34,39:59,45:47,42:27,52:56

• Sorry TR, but you will have to factor in the change in the course, which came into effect in 2011, given that you don't start the Llanberis Pass climb until a mile further into the race with the new course (and each subsequent mile is, pretty much, shifted - to get rid of that horrible little 3/4 mile loop they had at the end of the race on the old course)

That 3rd 5mile split kind of makes sense FR as we had a hell of a tailwind on the section between Beddgelert and Waunfawr in 2011 (that was conducive to faster times in 2011 in my opinion - I doubt I'll ever beat my 2011 time, although I have promised my legs that I will train properly for the 2014 race!!)

• C Pris - Hello, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it this weekend.

Have you any details on the accommodation that you're no longer needing, exact location, price etc?  There are three of us who have left it very very late coming over from the West Midlands.

Thanks,

Gurj

• Just as well the Snowdonia marathon ain't today - just been told that the road between Beddgelert and Pen-y-Gwryd has been closed due to a landslip - hopefully it will be sorted before Saturday!!

• Hi folks,

1st SNOD for me and also first ever marathon!  Feeling increasingly nervous now, mainly due to my right lower shin that has decided that this week would be a good time to start hurting!  On the plus side my left achilles heel which has plagued me for the past 3 months or so is now perfectly fine!

My aim all along has been a sub 5hr race although right now I'd just settle for making it round!  I've done tons of hill training (I live in the Brecon Beacons) but nothing longer than 17 miles image so am dreading the climb out of Waunfawr... 

Thank you PJL for your detailed descriptions, they are invaluable!

Put me down for a sub 5 please T Rex.  Or maybe put me down for "running round the mountain"?  My number is 1527.

Anyone else staying at the Pen y Gwryd on Friday/Saturday night?

Cheers,

Ash

• What a difference a day makes, last night on my walk across the Orme, it was a dizzy 17C, this morning 12C on the West side of town, 10C here in the wilds of Eglwysbach.

Who knows there may be a bit of snow on high ground, because that's a dramatic drop in temperature in under 24 hrs.

Who know how chilly it will get by Saturday,possibly single digit temperatures, with added windchill from Beddgelert onwards.

Wrap up warm Ladies and Gents

• Gotta love the Soreen... image

Low residual diet from now until Saturday night!!!

Porridge & bananas for breakfast.

Soreen (banana for today, fuit for tomorrow, chocolate for Fridayimage!) & mixed fruit & nuts for snacks.

Banana baps for lunch.

Tuna salad with roasties for tea tonight, lasagne for Thursday, fish & chips (& mushy peas) for Friday... Any recommendations for the best chippy in Caernarvon for Friday?

"Load like the wind" my fellow SNOD-ers....

• touie2touie2 ✭✭✭

oh dear I think I have over tapered! half marathon the weekend before last and then a total of just under 7m since image #2016 for me!!!

• pinkbugpinkbug ✭✭✭

mmmmm love chocolate malt loaf, a trip to sainsburys me thinksimage 

• I'm a lucky man. There's a Morrison's in Caernarvon and you know what they sell there...

The Trooper!!! Iron Maiden's very own ale...

Run to the Hills!

Running Free... Yeah!

Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner...

etc, etc...

Getting excited now...

• 2nd time for me. 10th last year 2:57. Felt I had to do it again as I thought I could run it better.

I only noticed yesterday that it incorporates the Welsh vet champs, as I turned 40 this year, that may be an added bonus.

My only concern this year is fluids. It was great last year as they handed out small water bottles. So drank continualy all the way around and its the first marathon I hadnt suffered with cramp. I understand its just cups this year which is no good for me as I'am lucky to get a mouth full. I think I'am just going to have to run with a full bottle in my running belt. What are other peoples plans for drinks?

Good luck everyone and I hope the weather is in our favour.

• Wilder2, my plan for drinks is two handheld bottles, water in one and turbo-zip elixier in the other, with added chemicals. image If I need to stop for a refill it will be only once.

My number's 714. UDS, 'you're not on da list, you're not comin' in'. image PJL, you got your 108 and 18 completions quoted! You must be pleased with that.

Brer, another great result at the weekend after the doubtful leadup. Your tenacity paid off once again.

I'm keeping myself ticking over with runs to work this week. Monday was a bit slower and more laboured than usual after Saturday's Round Rotherham but Tuesday was already virtually back to normal. I was pleased to be only 5 mins off my 50 mile PB - 9:18:57 over trail and mud.

It seems that there will be a ridge passing over on Saturday to calm the weather down at just the right time. I'm getting really excited now and can hardly wait.

• I agree - it was much better last year with the water in little bottle that you could carry for a while.  I'm hoping that the info about water being in cups was an error and it will be bottles again.  Anyone else know for sure?

Any of you local guys know how muddy that final descent is into Llanberis at the moment?  I remember it being pretty slippy in 2011 but I can't remember how much rain there was in the lead up.

Steady 4 or 5 tonight and then i'm done until Saturday.  Can't wait !

T-Rex - I'm #591 

• pinkbug wrote (see)

mmmmm love chocolate malt loaf, a trip to sainsburys me thinksimage 

They do chocolate malt loaf...?!?!?!?!?!?  I'm so getting some of that. image

I am not running on Saturday peeps, but my other half is, so I shall wish all of you a fabulous run and my thoughts will be with everyone out on course - my body will be troughing a massive breakfast and pint of tea in the best cafe in the world, Pete's Eats!

Enjoy!

• ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

wow threads got very busy anyone would think something was happening this weekend image

Very Snod like weather overnight here, hoping Fridays weather forcast doesn't decide to wait till Saturday.

Must try to get some of this choccy maltloaf

• Hal Higdon,the experienced American coach,has scientifically proven,with research involving some of Americas top Olympic marathoners, that the training in the last two weeks before the big race, has vertually no effect on their race day performance.

Several athletes, three of them with sub 2-10 marathons to their name, had total rest for those final 14 days, and they still performed as expect, with one lowering his pb,by over two minutes.

By all means, train a little, the final fortnight before this years Snowdon, but REST is ever so important, with many runners thinking they are going to loose their fitness if they rest too much.

Its all dependant, on the training you've done the months prior to the final fortnight.

Last minute nerves, oh I am loosing fitness by resting too much, arrive in Llanberis this Saturday feeling like you can run all day, not arrive feeling tired,with heavy legs etc.

The final fortnight before the race,has been proven to have vertually no effect at all on your race day performance.

• panadpanad ✭✭✭
    I think I must be more excited/looking forward to this more than I think as my first reaction when I heard about the landslip on the radio this morning was concern that it might effect the race and I was quite disappointed... By the sounds of it now it should be cleared by Saturday ok, just hope there's no more with the heavy rain that's forecast friday!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

It will take more than landslips to stop us, especially PJL.

It's whether all the paper cups of water will stay neatly on the tables at the water stations!  Can't see that happening in 35 mph winds, etc. You can get it all down if you squeeze the lip of the cup into an oval shape with forefinger and thumb.

I will have a fuelbelt on with about 800ml of my trusty 'corpse reviver'.  That's enough for a marathon.  I take up to 2L of it on longer events.

Welcome to new posters.  Wilder 2, I'll put you down for 2:55?

Ash-SP - even those 17-milers could have taken about 4 hours in the hills, especially off the paths, so you will be OK.  I've been doing some hill running in the Western and Central Beacons this summer with Archie, the wonder collie, but I didn't come across you.

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    2:55
    • Wilder2  (2nd SNOD)

3:10

• Stephen Weston 3  (1st SNOD)

3:20

• NOSEMI  (4th SNOD)

3:30

• Ultra Disco Stu  (3rd SNOD)

3:40

• #485  jason d  (5th SNOD)
    • #591 Fieldy  (3rd SNOD)

3:45

• Banterful (1st SNOD)

Sub-4:00

• #408  Lemmy
    • #714  BritNick (8th SNOD)
    • #1176  Fenland Runner (4th SNOD)
    • #1244  T Rex  (7th SNOD)

4:05

• #2016  touie 2
    • #2113  pinkbug  (1st SNOD)

4:10

• #947  LoveEndures (1st mara image)

4:15

• Harshad_Patel  (2nd SNOD)

Sub-4:45  

• #458  wrexhamrob
    • #1436  Reydon Rover  (5th SNOD)

• #1527  Ash-SP  (1st mara image)

• #108  Peter John Lewis (19th coaster)

• #879 Steve J  (1st SNOD)
    • #2155  jenf (1st SNOD)
    • FlatBoy  (1st SNOD)
    • brer rabbit
    • Bristol303  (1st mara image)
    • Britrisky
    • Chrissi
    • Cougie
    • Duffs2
    • joesbox
    • John Bach
    • Kandinsky
    • KateF
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • ringo100
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • Stanners from the Bridge  (1st mara image)
    • Tattooed Runner 41
    • Wabo  (1st SNOD)

• Chrissi
  • 2nd SNOD for me...

BBC weather at the moment says heavy rain for Saturday... Hooray!!!

At 4pm... Boooo!!!

Keep 'em peeled...

• Lemmy wrote (see)

2nd SNOD for me...

BBC weather at the moment says heavy rain for Saturday... Hooray!!!

At 4pm... Boooo!!!

Keep 'em peeled...

Some of us will still be runing at 4pm image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

HI all

Ash I reckon I could well be still out there at 4pm!

Can I ask what people are planning on wearing for this?  ie vest shorts or leggings long sleeves etc etc cannot get my head round what I need

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 1714. Drove up Llanberis pass yesterday. First sight of the mountains feels daunting but beautifull enjoy everybody.
  • Fenland Runner wrote (see)
    Be on fourth beer by 4pm. LOL image

Do you run fast or just drink fast? image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

2:55 

• Wilder2  (2nd SNOD)

3:10

• Stephen Weston 3  (1st SNOD)

3:20

• NOSEMI  (4th SNOD)

3:30

• Ultra Disco Stu  (3rd SNOD)

3:40

• #485  jason d  (5th SNOD)
    • #591 Fieldy  (3rd SNOD)

3:45

• Banterful (1st SNOD)

Sub-4:00

• #408  Lemmy
    • #714  BritNick (8th SNOD)
    • #1176  Fenland Runner (4th SNOD)
    • #1244  T Rex  (7th SNOD)

4:05

• #2016  touie 2
    • #2113  pinkbug  (1st SNOD)

4:10

• #947  LoveEndures (1st mara image)

4:15

• Harshad_Patel  (2nd SNOD)

Sub-4:45  

• #458  wrexhamrob
    • #1436  Reydon Rover  (5th SNOD)

• #1527  Ash-SP  (1st mara image)

• #108  Peter John Lewis (19th coaster)

• #879 Steve J  (1st SNOD)
    • #2155  jenf (1st SNOD)
    • FlatBoy  (1st SNOD)
    • brer rabbit
    • Bristol303  (1st mara image)
    • Britrisky
    • Chrissi
    • Cougie
    • Duffs2
    • joesbox
    • John Bach
    • Kandinsky
    • KateF
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • ringo100
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • Stanners from the Bridge  (1st mara image)
    • Tattooed Runner 41
    • Wabo  (1st SNOD) 2643

• Chrissi
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

I am sure I will be under 7 hours though...