Options

Snowdonia marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

lol Mr W - I'm not sure about that given my recent implosion in the Ras 4 Llyn!! Just looking to enjoy this one - no pressure - "rhedeg yn rhydd", as the slogan on the race t-shirt says!!? I'll train for it properly next year!!

• Options
    jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Carb loading is going well image bag packed, and a leisurely drive up tomorrow morning for me.

See you all soon image

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

good luck all of us

pjl's advice is firmly in my head!

tlg, sorry to hear your sad news

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

You'll be off with the front runners as usual! Can't help yourself! image

It'll be interesting to see who takes the win this year, I was chatting to Rob Samuel on Sunday and even though he's been out injured (Hamstring tear) he's very tempted to run.

• Options

07:35 flight down to Manchester tomorrow then on by train for me.
    Broken night due to work was not good preparation!
    Hopefully get some sleep on the way down ...image

Kitimage I'm covering most options but am well used to running in wind and rain!

• Options

PJL Have you recently moved to live in Eglwysbach? I live in the village!

• Options

Last run done, and for 70% MaxHR, my pace was 12 seconds per mile quicker, think that was due to the temperature being ten degrees colder than it has been.

Agree with Ultra Disco Stu (is that right?!?!?!) running in the last two weeks is purely mental preparation and not physical.

However running a significant distance is more mental than physical, the mind gives up long before the body.

May you all have the most joyous run on Saturday, and even if expectations are not met the experience will be fantastic.

• Options

Not this year a s - running my own race and won't be doing the pace I did last year (I don't want a repeat of Ras 4 Llyn!). Saw a post on Facebook before saying Rob was running!

[I must admit I thought you lived in West Shore PJL!?]

• Options

No, I just work there, in a converted farm up Fordd Cae Forest rd.

The temperature and weather in Eglwysbach is a more realistic look at what it may be like further in land, but Llanberis has it's own weather and climate being at the heart of Snowdonia.

I only hope Saturday is not like today, sunny and fairly warm (16C), I much prefer cooler drier weather, you do not perspire as much, and if it's really settled and cool you can still get away with vest and shorts, but it's back to normal tomorrow with another deepening low heading our way, but Saturday is supposed to be fairly windy with occasional rain, but whatever the conditions I am ready for it,having seen it all 17 and a bit times.

See you Saturday,I will be right at the back this year

All the best

Peter

• Options

West Parade, opposite the now missing White Bunney statue on the corner on the terribly windy West Shore, I've seen you running past my home a number of times Tuesday evenings

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

2:55 

• Wilder2  (2nd SNOD)

3:05

• arch stanton

3:10

• Stephen Weston 3  (1st SNOD)

3:20

• NOSEMI  (4th SNOD)

3:30

• #485  jason d  (5th SNOD)
    • Ultra Disco Stu  (3rd SNOD)

3:40

• #591 Fieldy  (3rd SNOD)

3:45

• Banterful (1st SNOD)

Sub-4:00

• #408  Lemmy
    • #510  Gurj Dulai  (4th SNOD)
    • #714  BritNick (8th SNOD)
    • #1176  Fenland Runner (4th SNOD)
    • #1244  T Rex  (7th SNOD)

4:05

• #2016  touie 2
    • #2113  pinkbug  (1st SNOD)

4:10

• #947  LoveEndures (1st mara image)

4:15

• Harshad_Patel  (2nd SNOD)

Sub-4:45  

• #458  wrexhamrob
    • #585  Other Half  (1st SNOD)
    • #1411  KingKenny (1st SNOD)
    • #1436  Reydon Rover  (5th SNOD)

Sub-5:00

• #1527  Ash-SP  (1st mara image)
    • #2317  Camlo  Nurse uniform
    • Stilldreaming  (6th SNOD)

Sub-7:00

• #108  Peter John Lewis (19th coaster)

Running round the mountain:

• #545  Mr panad  (2nd SNOD)
    • #879 Steve J  (1st SNOD)
    • #1596  Pete Thomas 6
    • #1661  Chimney  (4th SNOD)
    • #2140  panad  (5th SNOD)
    • #2155  jenf (1st SNOD)
    • FlatBoy  (1st SNOD)
    • brer rabbit
    • Bristol303  (1st mara image)
    • Britrisky
    • Chrissi
    • Cougie
    • dave williams2  (1st SNOD)
    • Duffs2
    • joesbox
    • John Bach
    • Kandinsky
    • KateF
    • ringo100
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • Stanners from the Bridge  (1st mara image)
    • Strag RouteMaster (3rd SNOD)
    • Tattooed Runner 41
    • Wabo  (1st SNOD) 2643

• Chrissi
    • megalily
    • The Lazy Greyhound
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Bye jenf, see you there.  I'm leaving about 1300 tomorrow.  Got to organise borrowing a car and getting somewhere for dog to stay for w/e, work this evening as usual, and a bit of packing.  less than normal with no tent.

RR - I could bring tent.  It will sleep two adults if they don't mind being cosy.  The chilblains would have to sleep in the extended porch, enough room if they are very small?

• Options

Can you put me down for 2nd SNOD please...

They had Welsh Cakes in M&S in Moorgate (London) seemed rude not to suppplement the carbs with them...

• Options
    ChrissiChrissi ✭✭✭

very very very very jealous

am sympathy carb loading with you image

• Options

Any thoughts of walking up Snowdon after the race are definitely out.

Just read MWIS for Saturday:

middle of day to 50-65mph having been lighter early in the morning. Gusts 85mph into the afternoon. Walking rapidly very difficult where exposed even on lower slopes from middle of the day. Higher up, where exposed, any mobility tortuous. Torrential rain afternoon
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good day for a stroll in the hills FR!!

The last tarmac stretch down from bwlch-y-groes was looking rather wet (from across the valley) today...
  • Options

Getting excited now. Last pre race run ( for head training not legs)  in a short while , then get kit ready and check x N . Gels check , wind jacket check, money for car park. Bin bag for race Start.   Hmm what else ? Vaseline   , plasters - after bleeding nips at rainy Oxford 1/2 2wk ago

• Options

Just been watching a more up to date weather forcast for Saturday PM

Frisky is the order of the day, with winds increasing to storm force in the early hours of Sunday.

Tomorrow is expected to be very wet indeed, then a slight respite, but by early Saturday afternoon the rain is coming in once again BIG TIME, with fresh SW winds, but it's Sunday that all he'll is about to break loose.

The only bonus,is that it's going to remain fairly mild.

Just like 1996 & 2002 all over again.

• Options

T Rex 5th Snod for me.

• Options

Good luck all. See you at the finish (hopefully)image

• Options
    Good luck everyon! Gutted not to be there this year. Had a terrible time last year so figured would do beachy this time round for a change. However seems was unwell without knowing it. Sorted now, took 6 months to find out what was wrong and it was chiropractor that sussed it. So much for GPs!!! Have sold all marathon places had booked this year (apart from Brecons ultra if anyone intrested). Spent today thinking should be on way to Snod. You have my commiserations Chrissi. Know how you feel. T Rex- put me down for 2014 please.
  • Options
    Wrexhamrob - thanks for reminder on plasters!!! All packed but forgot them which could have been my misfortune. Leaving Leighton Buzzard at midday with two others from Milton Keynes to keep costs and carbon emissions low image should be in Llanberis around 6 and in Petes Eats after that. Will be wearing a Buff T if anyone wants to chat (or avoid meimage

Good luck everyone and safe travel tomorrow
  • Options
    Jason d - The actual bar will be open but the lounge hasn't been open for over 3 months and I can't see it being open this weekend either, but I wouldn't recommend the bar area tbh.

As for Pantri, we will be open until 8pm tomorrow night, we will have pasta carbonara, homemade Lasagne, chicken korma, welsh beef burgers, jacket potatoes and many more.

Hope to see a good few of you over the weekend.

SS
  • Options

Hey, all packed and ready to leave Derbyshire about 2pm..will be in digs in the back and beyond after that. If we have any plans for a knees up anywhere, shall we meet at SS joint The Pantri, at 7 pm? If that is ok ss? Get that coffee and flapjack going buddy?

Take care all, have a good journey and enjoy

• Options

My number is 2220 - will be in a yellow pirate cap ... Somewhere towards the back of the pack!

good luck everyone - bring it on!!! image

• Options
    That should be fine Brer. I will probably be in the kitchen but just tell the girls who you are, as with everyone else, and they will pass the message on. Also there is 10% off on everything race day on receipt of your race numbers.

SS
  • Options
    Brer-7pm at SS joint sounds great! Think I'll go for the welsh burgers AND jacket potatoe image
  • Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭

I really am a little kid at heart, can't wait until I can drop Mrs C off at work and wend my way over to Llanberis. See you all later. I'll be in Pantri about 6 eating Carbonara.

Then make my way over to Pete's to see who's about.

5'7" dark hair, balder than I think I am, glasses. England rugby top. Should be fine in North Wales image

Will meet up at Pantri for 7. How big is the Pantri?!

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Clearly, I am rubbish at organisation. Are we meeting tonight or tomorrow night at The Pantri? image 

• Options
    Chimney: Pantri seats 26 people so not that big really.

Will probably only be open until 7 tomorrow night peeps, 8 tonight.

Just been out jogging in the rain with pete thomas 6.

SS