ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Paul - you're on a roll image

Sills - I used one for the Thunder Run in the summer. I'd definitely invest in a decent one as the cheap ones are useless. I have an LED Lenser (http://tinyurl.com/cc9ljc8).  You can get brighter ones but that did me proud in the woods in the middle of the night. 

• Steve - Fish and chips? And you didn't even often to share them round the 'Asics' thread? Tut, tut ...

Sarah - Yep - know the feeling! It's mad on here tonight ... but nice. I hope everyone is going to carry on posting on here after Thursday! I'll get withdrawl if everyone disappears ... I'll be talking to myself on here and it just won't be the sameimage

DS2 - That would be AMAZING! It could be like One Man Went to Mo ... but with extra compression!image

• Sills - yes run all the time round here we only have about 5 street lights! Found the small LED ones that take 3 AAA batteries the best by petzl image
  • Thanks Malcs - starting to enjoy it
  • Paul....I hear Jeff Stelling will be fronting the live show too!

Never ran with a head torch before. I tend to stay to the well lit paths if I venture out at night. Dodgy characters lurk around inthe darkness in these parts.

Malcs....thanks for the link....forwarded it on to Mrs. Shady_Ady for yet another stocking filler idea!

• Ady - I live in Essex... you've got no idea...image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

My mate had a Petzl Tikka Plus2 but the LED Lenser was way brighter. What you want is a torch with the power of a million candles (see below)image 

• Hi guys thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! The pain is down the outside of my shin and is sore when I apply pressure so may rest.....or I might just see how I am tomorrow and do 10k on my lunch to see of the pain is still there?
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Can't keep up, can't keep up, can't keep up. It's like that dream where you are running through treacle. Anyone had that?

Sarah - you either need to type quicker or have less to say. I would imagine improving your typing speed may be the better optionimage 

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Oh my goodness... i'm not even going to try and comment/ reply to all thats been said this eve!  But I love you all!!

I went n put all that adrenaline to good use this eve n I achieved a PB heavy front squatimage so together with my run yesterday.. I'm feeling gooooood

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

The other advantage of a head torch is that your visits to the loft become a totally new experience. 

• Malcs - gotta love a bit of Rhod Gilbert! "Is anyone here from Wales? How old were you when you first realised you could take off a cagoule?"

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Andrew - get to a physio as soon as mate......

If in the early stages it can be arrested quite quickly. Get the ice on it first. Dr. Osborne will probably know more!

• Jen - well done you - sounds like you are really in the zone!

• DS2 - never had the treacle running dream before.....plenty of dreams of running marathons, but sleeping in and then having to running barefoot and in pyjamas. I always wake up before reaching the finish.

• oo oo I had those!! but never made it to the start line! I was in derby and the marathon was in edinburgh and 10 mins to get to the start!! image

• Shady_Ady - how soon before you finish?! That sounds like the most exhausting dream EVER! I'd hate to put all that running effort in and get to 25 miles and realise it was a dream ...image

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Shady - yes I've had that one a few times. I believe they are a parody of your life rather than anything to do with running??? Anyone a psychologist?

• I had a dream I was winning the London marathon once but then I woke up for a pee........gutted.........I tried to go back to sleep but nothing happened!
  • Jen - we'll done you keep up the hard work! I got a pb for my 10 miler last weekend it felt amazing image derby tigger??
  • Ds2 thanks I will get some ice on it and see how it is tomorrow don't think it's anything serious though..... I hope!
  • Hope there's no dream-analysts who still have votes to cast :/ we'd all be screwed!

• sills - I use a head torch a fair bit. The only thing I would recommend is making sure you get one bright enough. The first one I got was ok, but did'nt really give enough light to see how the ground lies. If you just want other people to be able to see you that's fine, but if you intend to do any amount of running in pitch black the brighter the better!!!

Andrew - as has been said before, get to a physio. I had shin splints when I first started running and left it too long before seeing someone and had to take a long lay off.

• Clive Kelty wrote (see)
    Andrew- sounds like shin splints.... See a physio and check your trainers- how worn are they? What did mike (Olly Murs lookalike) say at gait analysis?
    Malcs wrote (see)

Ouch Andrew - can only echo the advice above, even though I am rubbish at following injury advice myself. 

Clive - the gait analysis machine was a bit wonky when our group had it after a certain somehone clattered into it (ahem reg!)  ;)

I didn't do it I have an identiacal twin who was there and told me all about it.  Did anyone else think that the Gait Chap was wearing the wrong shoes to be giving advice on support or not shoes. Flat sole dessert boots.

Also can any one tell a techno phobe how to post pictures. 

• I think you guys have confused "priceless" with "worthless"!  I never even got as far as boot camp last year image - so I'm the last person you need to write a pitch.  I'm in with a shot, as long as only six people enter.

Sills - check out Alpkit Gamma and browse numerous other threads on the subject in the RW forums.  It's a lot of torch for fifteen of your earth squids, and more practical than carrying candles.  I just hate getting hot wax on my garmin.

• Right back from swimming kids in bed, wife down the pub, baked beans on toast (no butter) ready for action.

Remember everyone it's a Marathon not a sprint PACE yourselves it's going to be a long old slog, forget TR24 lets go Target 26.2 the last 24 Hours from tomorrow night?

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Right I think the time has come to say who I haven't voted for and why. I've decided that candor is the right way forward. Wouldn't wish anyone to think I like any of these people!

Malcs - lives too near me and with effective coaching may beat me in races we both enter;

RunnyRun Run - fluorescent pink compression socks. Need I say more? (also, she is in the same category as me so that would be pretty stupid!);

sarah osborne 4 - eats more than any bloke I've ever met and is a size 6 (sound like a bitchy girl now);

CaroT - another one who lives near me and already much faster so guaranteed never to beat in local races:

Clive - beat me in the 5k TT even though he works 22 hours a day;

Tonys on the beach/Sills - nice guys never win (plus they are in my category - see RRR above);

Jenf - didn't hand me any of her (apparently) magnificent granola bars at bootcamp;

The rest of you still have a chance - don't upset me!!!image

• Blimey things are moving fast on here! Thanks for tips on head torches. I actually have a petzl tikka plus 2 but never considered running with it, only ever when mountaineering. Malcs, how do I work out how many candles it's equivalent to?! Just dug it out and going to give it try tomorrow, exciting times.

One day going to combine my new found love of running with my love of mountains, anyone ever looked at the 3 peaks yacht race?
  • I think it could possibly be a good idea to invest in new trainers seen as I have done easy 600 miles in them!!!!!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Jen - well done with the weigth training, in a few months you'll look like Rambo. 

Tenjiso - image unfortunately there is no bowing smilie.

Reg - someone will have already got to you by the time I write this. Click the icon to the left of the one with ABC on it.