ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• Jen - I reckon you should be the Forum 6 official cook and dietician... I may drop out of target 26.2 and apply myself... image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Thanks Jen - that's a date then! If you set up a little trestle table at Burry Port harbour   or the finish line I reckon you could make a fortune selling post race snacks image.

I just hope it's not a scorcher - last time I did it I nearly died.

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Clive - yes Spring marathon to run alongside the Asics one. 

• Right guys I'm still in a job! But still cannot afford to go shopping so your safe.

Malcs - body of an Adonis, me, no chance, it's only since i started running that I realised I had feet!
  • To the % who are going to get their kit off and on oin sunday..............Can you do us all a favour and ask about the training plan that they are planning to use......on the bootcamp video they mentioned the asics online training plan................which to anyone who has looked at it .it looks a load of bollocks.................or to suggest running just 2 to 4 days and such light mileage for all times seems very extreme in the wrongway..

thank You

• and also tell the asics team that although i have always ran in asics.their online shoe calculator is crap as well..

thanksimage

• Will do seren nos, its top of my agenda for questions too as I'm running way more than the peak weeks it suggests now!

Im sure all will become clear when Steve/Sam get in touch.

• Hi Seren and A.W

Sam emailed last night (she's coaching us slow ones - Alex, you'll have Steve!) - she said that they will use the planner as a starting point then she will tweak that for each of us based on the info we provide about what we do currently and what our goals and capabilities are...

• that sounds a bit stupid to me Steve... tweaking suggest a minor change to suit the individuals position......those schedules need to be totally rewritten surely.....

It will be my first question nexct week to the mentors....do they think that the basic schedule is appropriate for the majority of runners with only a bit of tweaking needed for a few

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Reginald wrote (see)
    Malcs - body of an Adonis, me, no chance, it's only since i started running that I realised I had feet!

• seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

they mentioned the asics online training plan................which to anyone who has looked at it .it looks a load of bollocks

Don't sugar the pill seren image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

LOL - Tenjiso, I love it.

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

On the schedule front it will be interesting to see what they do with you.

I just tried the online tool and to be fair it does let you select up to 4 runs per week. Why it bothers with the 2 run option is a mystery but I have heard of people who have successfully run on a 3 per week strategy. Why stop at 4 though as many people do 5 or 6? 

I picked the 4 run pw + average pace options. I only got 2 longer LSRs one at 18m the other at 22m all the rest were sub 11m. The advice I've been getting elsewhere suggests that there should be at least 3x as many. Also the pace for those LSRs was at 7:45mm! Surely way too fast. More of an LFR. 

Apart from that I quite like it. I think it could be a pretty decent tool with a litte bit more work. As it stands though I would have to agree with seren's succinct assessment.

So maybe it's not your plans but the planner that needs tweaking? image 

• The thing I don't understand is based on the maxim "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

Last year all of the Asics runner's achieved their targets, following the RW plans with some genuine tweaking to cope with real life.  So why change it?

I won't be surprised if the actual training plans followed bear little resemblance to the default generated ones.

• Ive got to agree with seren nos, the MyASICS isnt very good. I really wouldnt rely on it for anything. I got it as an app about 2 months ago and havent been able to follow it, otherwise I would have done worse in my runs and training. It was quite satisfying yesterday to delete it off my phone! image

Clive I would love to do Chicargo, it sounds like an amazing marathon to do. I think it sounds better than Boston and the others image. Ive bought my Mrs Claws outfit today, ready for sunday. I think everyone else is just wearing a hat, but I thought if your going to do something you should do it properly!

I manage a nice 13 miles today. Enjoyed it far more than my other runs for the last week or so, I think I could relax more knowing that im not longer in this competition.

Right now for my forum 6 applications! image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Good to hear you're going to pitch Sarah. I know you'd said that you weren't sure about setting yourself up for potentially more rejection. Be positive, I reckon you have a great chance. And if you don't get through then go for sports personality of the year - Ennis has no chance against you image

• sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

Ive bought my Mrs Claws outfit today, ready for sunday. I think everyone else is just wearing a hat, but I thought if your going to do something you should do it properly!

I'll be there, but I'll be damned if I'll only wear a hat.  Here's my ensemble.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412aaQDk%2B%2BL._SL500_.jpg

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

WHOA! Wasn't prepared for that at all.

There should be some kind of warning when a thread contains explicit content. I could have been using child labour to do my posting for me! 

If that's an enlarged version of your profile pic Tenjiso no wonder it hasn't been approved yet image.

• you are going to have to use a hell of a lot of vaseline to prevent chaffing with that outfit

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    No wonder it's quiet on here tonight. If this is the quality of the conversationimage

Where is everyone?
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

I also always seem to join at the most appropriate moments image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Come on CarroT, don't give us that - we know you're just sitting there waiting for things to get a bit risque before jumping inimage

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Yeah Caro, you don't get away with it that easy
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Any winners about tonight?
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

My Turkey Run that I did on Sunday had a guy running in exactly the same thing but in green!!! His photo surprisingly didn't make it into our local newspaper today though... but a photo of our ladies team all dressed up in fancy dress did!!!

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Oooosh I'm tempted to put a photo of the guy in green from the race on Sunday on here... which I just happen to have... someone else took it!! Not sure it will do my Forum 6 post any good!!

• Evening all.........just got back from taking Mrs' Shady Ady out for dinner. There's some good use of images going down on this thread right now!

Glad to see people pitching for Forum 6 (Malcs, I really liked your pitch when I looked at the thread earlier). I hope you're successful with these. It'll be nice to compare training schedules and see what everyone is doing. 

Sarah - I expect photos to be posted somewhere on here of your run on Sunday complete with Mrs. Claus outfit.....and if anyone comes dressed like Tenjiso's photo, just make sure you're running in front of them. image

It'll be an early night for me tonight.....got a full day's entertainment tomorrow with both sets of parents. I should just have enough time to sneak in my long run before they arrive.

What are people's plans for the weekend (apart from role playing fancy dress activities)?

• Carol....if we already have 1 photo of that kind of attire, then another wont do any harm! image