ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

just back from my youth club party... i'm still in my elf outfit n having a VERY large glass of red as my voice is sore from all the shouting!!!!! Luckily no one turned up in outfits as above!

• Haha...........I wouldn't like to be the man behind him.......actually wearing something like that might work as a positive if I wore it in my next race. I'd be so embarrassed I'd run even quicker so I could get to the finish and take it off. 

• Not outfits for the cold if you get what I mean!!

Racing tomorrow so early one for me tonight, xc in the MET league. So will have to duck out before the watershed!

Will check in tomorrow at some point, busy weekend ahead. Have friends coming for dinner in the evening too both nights!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Ady - I hope Sam Murphy isn't reading this and taking notes!

Yeah fingers crossed on the forum 6. I agree it'll be great to see what we all end up doing if myself or Sarah gets lucky. Do let us know what they say about the asics schedule planner tool as everyone is a bit perplexed.

Jen - I hope you weren't too shocked by the visuals here.
  • CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

Haaa haaaa I've just changed my profile name to CarroT image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

brilliant Caro... now you need the profile pic to match

• Haha..........now that would be one image you'd never get out of your head. Maybe that could be my motivator., "Hit your targets or you're running your next race in that mankini." That should work better than any speed training.

I believe what's going to happen is that each MyAsics training plan will be adapted and tweaked depending on your PBs, most recent race times, and how many days per week your'e able to run. I'll happily share this though, so everyone knows exactly what my training is going to be, and if I'm hitting my targets that I'm set.

• Hee hee! The chap behind the one in green doesn't look TOO unhappy about being behind him., if you know what I mean ...

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Apparently Asics do those things in luminous pink too! image

• Might be a little too revealing for the type of photoshoot they have in mind though!image

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

I'd love to come up to London and be there to see ALL you guys RRR. I'm sure we're allowed. And like Malcs said if we press our orphan faces hard enough against the window and steam it up they might just feel sorry for us and give us a key ring.

We were planning a car ferry day trip to France and then driving over to Brussels to go see the Christmas markets with friends but our one friend is really poorly and this week has been so exhausting we're going to give it a skip and I'm going to catch up on my other life which I think still exists out there. image

• CarroT - it would be GREAT to see you! Why don't you pop Katie RW an email to see whether she can work something out? If not we can always catch up afterwards if you fancy it? image

It's definitely been an exhausting week ... but a a LOT of fun! You mean ... there's a life outside running? (Thought that was a myth...)image

• CaroTCaroT ✭✭✭

image RRR. Soak up every second of Sunday for us and paste lots of pics afterwards!! You MUST find something shocking pink in the shop & take a photo of it just for us xox

• Maybe if we all crashed the photo shoot in a mankini and loitered around in the background they'd give in and let us on the team? I can't see how that could possibly go wrongimage
  • CarroT - You make it sound as though I have a positive obsession with shocking pink items ... um...image

Indy - To be honest if you lot all turned up in mankinis I'D be taking photos too!! ;D

DO IT!! DO IT!!

• I could wear my medium Asics T-Shirt from Bootcamp, that's pretty much as tight as a mankini!
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Couldn't cope with them mankini talk. It took a particular down turn when it was suggested that they could be in fluorescent pink!!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

For a minute there I didn't recognise you - DS2 goes festive!

Indy - ha image. Hey, if it's no use to you I'll send you an SAE if you don't want it image

CarroT! Hurrah!

Sadly I won't be able to join you at the shop window - I'd completely forgotton, it'll be party time here! You are all still invited btw. As long as you don't turn up in your new kit image  

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Santa's little tigger image Like the new name! 

You know I was on the Paris thread for a week before I realised everyone had names on a suspiciously common theme - what a numpty!image

Yes, major kit envy here (major everything envy) but as DS2 said earlier, completely no jealousy. Though I would like an Asics mankini for use in the privacy of my own home image.

I spent this afternoon re-filling the empty drawer I'd cleared in my wardrobe...such a sad, sad story...sigh image. On the plus side the weather has swung completely here so I haven't had to wait for spring to get use out of my free T-shirt from bootcamp. Have to say, it's very nice. Lovely 5.5 miles in it this morning. Smells really great nowimage.

CarroT the sad thing now is that having just managed to get the carrot reference you'll now have to change it to something festive. I must admit I'm struggling a bit with mine. 

If I don't catch you, have a fantastic time on Sunday folks, I really mean that and please do let us know all about it. If Olly Murs is there say hi from me and sorry from Reg.

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Sharp as a brick there Malcs! Been trying to think of a seasonal name for you but can't fit Malcs into anything!

I think we should make a pact that if any of our chosen five get stick off other forumites we should jump to their defence. I hope they don't but I think it is inevitable that there will be some jealousy and, from what I've been told, this has manifested itself into some criticism in the past.

Have fun tomorrow. Of course I'm jealous!!image

• I agree with DSanta2, it's the least we can do.

Malcs - How about Malchior after one of the three wise men (Melchior, Caspar & Balthazar) image

I was trying to think of one myself by the best I've come up with is Frankindycense which is pretty weak!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Indy - not bad, not bad at all. Frankindycense is great too! All I had for you was IndyMcQueen's Speech - yes, I know, terribleimage

DS2 - great idea, count me in - I'll be there to throw my full force at anyone who insults one of the brotherhood.

• IndyMcQueens Speech, nice, I like it. image
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Afternoon!imageI'm feeling very festive as I just put my Christmas tree up.

I had a lovely run today, caught a bit of sun between showers n got a swift 8 miles done. Still can't decide on my next plan though....

• Malcs.......has anyone suggested Malcsiltoe and Wine? I'm sorry it's the best I can come up with at short notice image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

OK... I went on to book Llanelli half, and they offered me discount if I entered GWM also.....so I did! I'm so easily swayed by a bargain! Time to write a pitch for forum 6 me thinks! Don't worry Malcs, hubby will man the trestle table, and I'll bring supplies to the start line image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

OOoo  I like that one Shady!

• Haha....it's not like I've spent the whole afternoon thinking that up while watching Ashleigh and Pudsey in Panto in Woking. 

Indy...I'll admit to having the same problem with my t-shirt as well.I have set myself the goal of losing 16lbs in the next 16 weeks, so by then, it should fit perfectly. 

DS2 (Or DSanta2)......thank you for your solidarity. As I'm planning on being as honest and blunt about my performances in training and how close I will be in  reaching my goal, it wouldn't surprise me if some negative comments came my way. In fact I have my big stick ready to poke them away. image