ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

Comments

• If were struggling on numbers I can always ask a few of my friends at maltby running club if you like?
  • Grinchy - Def worth looking at Seren's idea - I've heard good things about aqua running for injured runners! We need you fit and well for TR!! image

Sarah - I need to get my arse in gear and sign up. Have you signed up for it yet?

• No not yet sarah, wanting to make sure we have enough in our team first....don't wana turn up on the day and end up having to run for 24 hours, think it would kill me!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Indy - really sorry to hear about your injury. How bad is the tear do you know? 

A friend of mine had a fairly minor meniscus tear earlier in the year. He recovered within a month but I know it can vary. His referral letter contained the classic quote:

"Mr Smith experiences approximately 20 minutes of morning stiffness."image

Good to hear that you're up for TR24. You have plenty of time to get fit for that. 

• Hey guys,

Grinchy, that's awful right on top of Christmas! Let's hope it's not too serious and you're back out there soon!

I am 100% definite for TR24 - sounds like amazing fun image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Coolio.

So that's:

RRR - in a pair

Sarah
    Clive
    Indy
    Steve 

Sarah, let's see how we go for numbers here though my general view on this is the more the merrier. Max team size is 8 though.

I think Tony and Tigger were both interested so that would be another too. Just waiting to hear from them.

Ady? Paul? Where are you on this?

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Grinchy, hope knee improves quickly, how gutting, but great timing for xmas playing!!

I had a rubbish run in the wind n rain last night image felt like I was going backwards!! But I still chalked up 5 miles!

• Malcs- are you already entered in a team?

Been for a swim today- thought the cross training would be worth it as legs a bit tight after tempo run yesterday. could have saved myself the admission fee and gone in the puddles outside instead image

Grinchy- gutting to hear about the knee, means you'll have to rest up. I recommend alcohol as a pain killer/relaxant, or general way to pass the time over the Xmas period!!!

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Yeah, I entered back in November with the same guys I did it with last year so unfortunately I can't join the bootcamp team.

I'm happy to do the admin but I'm not sure what happens when it comes to entering - it may need someone to volunteer as team captain. I don't know if you can enter a team but not be part of it if you see what I mean.

• Evening all....it's been a few days since I last popped in on here. I thought I would post in the calm of this thread, before diving in head first to the individual forum pages. It looks like everyone's is going well image

Grinchy.....very sorry to hear about your injury. That's terrible news. How did you do it? Do you know how long you need to rest for? At least you have an excuse for being waited on hand and foot over the Xmas period!

I don't think I'll be able to participate in TR24 unfortunately. A little annoying as it sounds quite an experience! 

Did anyone go out running in the rain today? Very happy it's a cross-training day for me today!image

• MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

I was out in the rain - loved it! Nice easy 5 miles. Rain wasn't too heavy though so I think I got off lightly.

Ady - sorry that your thread seems to have been taken over by a training strategy debate. I genuinely believe that everyone means you well which is why they are having the discussion. Also, there seems to be alot of confusion as to the point of these myAsics plans. They do seem a bit strange. Clearly all of yours have had major tweaks thankfully.

Shame about TR24 - maybe next year?image

• haha.....absolutely nothing wrong with a good old debate or discussion. I'm sure everyone will be all the more enlightened for it, especially someone in my position.

I'd definitely love to do TR24 one day.

Just seen the weather for Saturday. Lookins like I'll be doing my first long run of the training plan in a monsoon. image

• jenfjenf ✭✭✭

Cross training for me aswell this eve! involved lots squats image

• I've got the pleasure of squats to look forward to on Sunday image They'll be one sore gluteus maximus come Monday morning!

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Ady - I was out at 7am in the dark, cold, wet and windy!! Not a lot of fun at first but still better than a treadmill in my opinion!image Only 5.4 miles of recovery though (8:35mm ave).

Lucky for you to have a X-training day!

Have you been given a set routine for stretching/core etc?

• DSanta2 - Sam is going to sort me out a stretching/core routine - will happily share when I receive it...

Just been on facebook - everyone is making jokes about the apocalypse like there's no tomorrow :/

• Should I be doing squats? Sounds like everyone else is!

That's fine Malcs, no rush anyway. Fingers crossed we will have enough with all of us!

Sorry to hear about your knee grinchy I would def say rest up, can take anything between a month to needing surgery depending on how bad it is. What symptoms do you have and have you had an MRI?
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭
    Santa loves bacon wrote (see)

Just been on facebook - everyone is making jokes about the apocalypse like there's no tomorrow :/

image nooo! Steve, that's a bad one even by my standardsimage

Sarah - do you ever sleep? Or are you just waiting until after midnight to open presents? image

• Hahaha, Malcs you know me well despite only having met me a few weeks ago! I've been allowed to open two, have a grumpy husband not letting me open the rest!
  • But it's my bday, I'm all excitable!
  • jenfjenf ✭✭✭
    happy birthday Sarah. have a great day
  • Penblwydd hapus Sarah.....have a great dayimage

More than one present.you are being spoiltimage

• Happy birthday Sarah! Hope you get spoilt rotten image

Malcs, in fairness, I figured the apocalypse would drown out the groans...

• DS2DS2 ✭✭✭
    Santa loves bacon wrote (see)

DSanta2 - Sam is going to sort me out a stretching/core routine - will happily share when I receive it...

Steve - I shall look forward to seeing what you're given. I could do with putting some structure in my training in this area.

Was intending to run this morning but decided to see if the world ends first!!!image

• Happy Birthday Sarah!! Hope you have a great day

If the world ends today, so long and thanks for all the fish.... image
  • DS2DS2 ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Sarah! How are you celebrating!image

Expensive time of year for your hubby!image

• Thank you everyone for your day wishes!

DS2...my husband is expensive all year round....it's payback time!

Well, this is how I plan to celebrate....14 mile run once breakie has settle....followed by three course meal to replenish losses, then a few birthday drinks to get me in the mood for the pantomime I'm seeing....haven't been to one in years....can't wait!
  • MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Picked a good day for your 14 miler Sarah. Tomorrow is going to be dreadful. Have a great day!

PS. I wouldn't want to upstage you on your birthday but today I will be making my 500th post - I will be cracking open the powerade for that one! image 

• Sarah.....happy birthday........I hope your hubby spoils you rotten......and then spoils you rotten on Xmas Day too.......I'm sure he must realise by now that Xmas week is all about Sarah! Obviously you are only doing the run so you can indulge for the rest of the day image

Malcs....by my reckoning you still have 6 more posts to go.....this countdown is better than New Year....I'm not allowed to crack open a bottle of champagne at work, so I'm sitting here with a cup of tea in anticipation!