What:4M easy today.

WHY: Just cause. Mild, dry, noisy with dawn chorus in full cry

Well run to RW and NZC

More to catch up on

back later.

Comments

• Morning

What - rest

Why - can barely walk... pain moved from the joints to the muscles, which I think is good.

NZC...  I can't quite play for the SF 49ers... but it won't be long.

Lyrics: Yes

• Morning

RW: Nice marathon

AH: Sounds as if things may be on the up as long as you don't stand up!

What: Splash at lunch, trot tonight
    Why: I'm a man of habit
    Last Hard: last nights club run, I ran the first undulating lap of 8K in 33-23 which is an astonishing 7 mins 37 seconds quicker than when I started running that loop in early September, OK its cooler now... but
    Last Rest: 20/10 

Lyrics: Yes

• Morning DD

Right time to get organised.

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "take it easy", Eagles.

What: see yesterday's lyrics

Why: still don't feel great

Today's lyrics: yes. I would have posted the first line to annoy Paddy!

DD: that is both good progress and a good measure of progress!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Nice to see such improvement DD.

Sounds as though you're getting there RW.

What:             nothing
    Why:              nearly ill and don't want another post marathon six weeks off
    Last hard:      being sensible in this recovery period
    Last rest:       25/10

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: maybe squeeze a quickie run if GP appt on time. Badminton later
    Why: got to get some things done this afternoon
    Last Hard: ?
    Last rest: yesterday - moonlit dip under the bridge yesterday was a fun ride (x4) but not really exercise!

A bit of blue sky around this morningimage

• alehouse: sorry to see you still feeling rough image

LMH: no turbo for me ... I have a VERY low boredom threshold and I just want to be out and about. In any case I'm only a fair weather cyclist. I enjoy it when the sun is shining image. Next time I'm just going to wear my winter boots image

DD: that's scary fast and a massive improvement!

what: another 6 slow miles
    why: I want to stay niggle-free
    last hard: not sure ... don't really do hard at the mo
    last rest: 27/10
    lyrics: another yes !!

• Morning. Club run this evening, usually 10M, probably plenty of hills given that this Sunday's XC has a few rises.

Entered the Cambridge Half for March and have just noticed the Cambridge Boundary Run one week earlier. That's a half-marathon or marathon, same price - and you can sign up for the half and run the whole distance, or sign up for the full and limp out halfway if you're feeling done. Think I might sign up for the half, possibly run the full, and then have a bit of a break down south for the week between runs.

Lyrics: a classic.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

keep well LMH

alehouse, hope you start to feel better soon

I should know these lyrics, I am sure I should..

What: Like 7d, club run but not 10 miles!

Why: tuesday run with club to avoid always running beginners and intermediates

last hard: sunday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

DD thats just silly ...amazing I would be happy to knock 7 minutes of my marathon time let alone 8k image

RW a couple of really nice ice cold baths migh help image

What : rest

Why : its about time

Last hard : 21st

Lyrics : I think so image

• Quiet day. Have entered the Cambridge Boundary Run - aka My First Marathon. 16 weeks to go, better get training!

• Evening all, know the lyric, can hear how its sung in my head, but can't get any further than that!!

Off to meet the new running club tonight, not sure what is planned, will find out when I get there! image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

7D Ahh Cambridge races, how I miss them. do you know anything about the boundary run?  It's meant to be good off-road fun.  The Cambridge half was amazing last year (apart from lack of loos).  I'm very jealous that you have a place!
    LMH look after yourself.

What: 4 km run walk plus core and stretching
    Why: I'm still being good and careful
    Last hard: not just curling up on the sofa this evening, it's dark and cold out there!
    Lyrics: Nope.

Ale how's the foot?

• Hi all.

What: Gym. Normal crosstrainer, weight machines, lunges but I also did some intervals on the treadmill which was a challenge but made 3km a bit more interesting! Will keep it up I think, and hope to see a difference at parkrun soon. Mind you I'm starting a half marathon training plan next week so will have to consult that.

Why: Was going to join the Asics intermediate group round Hyde Park but come 5 o'clock I didn't fancy hanging around for an hour and a half to run in the dark.

Last hard: Today's gym!

Last rest: Saturday, what with the defunct parkrun.

Lyrics: Nope.

7D I like the concept of the Cambridge Boundary race. What approach are you going to take to training? Big congrats on the marathon time RW! Fingers crossed for good news soon alehouse.

With my eyes set firmly on Dublin 2013 for my first marathon, as well as Brighton half in Feb I've signed up for the Rotary Shakespeare HM in April. Who's done this one before?
  • Hoping to feel better and be back at it soon emzap. How is your hip?

GGG - I've run the half at Shakespeare before - it has a bit of a hill in it if I remember correctly.

An interesting choice for your first marathon 7d.

Hope they're welcoming and friendly sweep.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Did a 10k tempo run, opted for the middle paced group so as not to look silly if I couldn't keep up, but was told I should be with the fastest group from now on image

Everyone was very friendly and really enjoyed running with a group.

Did feel a bit like first day at school though, bit nervous even though I didn't need to be, so glad it went well.
  • Well hello!

I tried to get on the web yesterday, but it seems like all electronic communication from Portsmouth is being jammed. There's a big grey military radio station on the hill (Shh, top secret) and the locals are well aware of the issues here. Hotel access only then.

Yesterday, 10k run along the promenade. Loads of other runners out. Clipped along at a fairly brisk 7:15m/m and followed it with 30 min swim in the short hotel pool.
    Tonight, 7 miles at a slightly less brisk, but more sustainable 7:30m/m, again followed by 30 min in the pool.
    It appears that the Gt Sth Run occurred the day before I arrived here. Some people still have half term, so that's presumably why it was expensive to get a basic hotel.

Congrats to RW on your marathon, enjoy the aches and make the most of the sympathy.
    DD, I think that you might have been trying a little bit harder this time round the loop. You also had no navigational worries. Obviously you are in form, but that's only part of it.
    Lyrics? Yes. Obviously I would have got yesterday's had I got on, and now I know the answer it should be easier.

All this talk of racing, I really must get some booked.

• Run club, started hammering it down this evening, really unpleasant, but got some good running done.

Emzap: I know a little bit about the Boundary Run, seems like a mix of off-road, quiet roads, and bike paths, seems fairly informal stuff. I've checked the map out and have covered most of the route out on walks before. I wasn't into running when I was at university there so I never really got to see any of the Hare & Hounds club activities. As for the half, I got lucky, sure, I can believe it would be popular, beautiful city and very flat, all the ingredients.

GG: good question. I'd have thought I'd simply try and amass miles in the legs, 40-50 a week with fortnightly runs of about 18-20 miles to build up endurance. I'm simply focused upon finishing and not particularly chasing times - club night gives me the speed + short recovery training I need.