Chicago Marathon

Hi, I am really keen to take part in the Chicago marathon in 2013, does anyone know when you can enter?  I've read rumours that you can apply in February?

Thanks.

Jenni

Comments

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Jenni - I ran it this year and the entries opened at the beginning of February. Keep an eye on the official marathon website and they will confirm when the places go on sale. Make sure and get in quickly though as it sold out in a few days last year.

It's a great event, you should have a great time.

• Brilliant, thanks for the info. I shall keep an eye on it and I hopefully won't miss out then! It sounds like a really good run, so I hope I get in.

Thanks.

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

It's first come first served in Chicago, so as long as you sign up when the places go on sale you should be fine for getting in.

Might be worth looking at hotels or apartments for when you plan to travel before the entries go on sale. I got an apartment about a mile from the start line for a great price this year, but any hotels near the Grant Park area will sell out super fast even at the inflated race weekend prices once the race entries open up.