Music that moves you?....

2»

Comments

• My favourite band is Muse.  So many of their tracks "move" me.  I think it's the full sound they manage to get.

Their current single (Madness) is one example.  The bit towards the end (when they come in with the "proper" instruments, rather than the "synthesised" instruments at around 2:50 in the below link) literally sends shivers up my spine.

Now, I have finally seen the light

And I have finally realised

I need to love I need to love

Come to me, trust in me...dream.  Come on and rescue me

Yes I know I can be wrong

Maybe you're too headstrong. Our love is...

For me, the fact that they play their songs extremely well live is a massive factor too, as seen here on Jools Holland.

• The late great Waylon Jennings...especially with his Luckenback Texas, and Don & Phil Everly. I love all 3 of them so much it hurts!

They have, and continue to get me through some very rough patches in my life over the years!

• Hank Williams - pretty much anything can induce tears

•  

although seriously .. try this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhVM930YXY  

Ratzer wrote (see)

Ennio Morricone, "On Earth as it is in Heavan"

and +1 for Ravel's Bolero

All three are favorites.

but this really moves me

• Jolie Holland - Mexican Blue

• Bruce C wrote (see)

I take it you're single then !!image

RicF wrote (see)

Spent a large part of my childhood on a farm, cow shit, horse shit, chicken shit.

Spent 20 years fishing, there's filth for you. Work out doors in gardens and train off road in muck and dirt. Apparently my anti tetanus levels render further jabs superfluous. I've had enough of shit and filth outdoors. I'm not inviting some shit machine to share my living space. I don't need their anti-bodies or smell They can stay outside.

Bruce C wrote (see)

Black Lace, "Agadoo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc  

should bring back hanging for anyone liking this.

• Farmer On A Bike by John Crisp.

(It's on Youtube.)

• Smog (Bill Callahan) - Vessel In Vain

This featured at the start of the film "Dead Man's Shoes" played out in it's entirety.
  • Perfect Memory by Remy Zero
2»