Tuesday 6th November 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:This is the end Hold your breath and count to ten

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Bang, Bang' by BA Robertson. Kinda obscure but I thought ( I know) appropriate for 5th November.

What:4M Easy/Steady

Why: Recovery run.

LMH: Hope you get the tooth sorted soon.

Coffee time

Back later.

Have a good one

Comments

• Morning, had a hectic day at work and then helping my sister move house, so no running yesterday, but looking forward to club night this evening...

No idea with the lyrics....
  • Morning.

Wabo - how lovely that you'll have them here next year. March will soon come round.

OH - I was home from my run by 1630hrs (just).

Tooth was settled last night thankfully though throat is still sore. Rain forecast for today so a run may not be quite so inviting anyway.

What:             probably something on the turbo
    Why:              semi-sensibleness
    Last hard:      21/10 (feels like so long ago)
    Last rest:       4/11

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hello,
    good news with #10 wabo, I have a little catching up to do to match that!
    LmH - glad you got out yesterday and had a pain free night
    what - club night , but will be taking it easy as hammy still a little sore but much better than yesterday
    why - precaution, & racing once possibly twice this weekend (Hellrunner saturday, xc sunday)
    last hard - walking yesterday
    last rest - from running, yesterday

lyric - think I should but still umming ...knew yesterdays song but didnt get it from the lyric

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I have the day off.....

Plan on a speed session later folowed by the gym.

Should have got yesterdays lyrics as I really like that song... no idea today though.

Take care

• Morning!

Enjoy the day off RFJ.

Lyrics: no idea! Yesterday's was a good choice!

Is any thread regular putting themselves forward for the RW/Asics 26.2 Paris marathon Challenge competition...you'd get my support, for one!

Managed to walk about 200 metres yesterday (without sticks)...and then had the worst night yet with a red hot shin. I'm sure I'm gradually getting there, but it won't be in time for a spring marathon!

And where's Pammie? Amongst others.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Don't rush things Alehouse, you'll get there. I shan't bother entering the competition as I'm sure they discount anyone with an injury history like mine, never mind the ongoing issues that I have. Not that vetting people as they do has brought them much success so far.

Enjoy the day off RFJ.

Dustin - don't overdo it if racing at the weekend is your priority.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: Gym after work. 
    Why: To fulfill weekly quota. I've got really into intervals on the treadmill. 3k at 10/12 km/h (400m/200m). I am disgusting by the end of it!
    Last hard: Yesterday's Home Run was fun. We were given glowsticks, sparklers (used when stationery) and hot food at the end!
    Last rest: Friday.

Lyrics: Yes! Fresh in my memory from Sunday.

I'm considering joining a friend for the Paris half marathon on 7th March. I've got Brighton on Feb 17th and am not sure whether two HMs so close together would be a good idea? We were also looking at Berlin but being 7th April that's too close to VLM for my liking, and I think I'd prefer Paris anyway. Any thoughts?

Wabo wow 10th London marathon to go, how fantastic!

• I filled in the application... Will see if I hear anything back.
  • sweep: good luck! Tell us if you get shortlisted. We sure vote for you image

wabo: exciting stuff about VLM #10

GGG: I would go for Paris. As you already pointed out 7th April is damn close to London. I wouldn't race a half 2 weeks out.

what: 10 miles
    why: base
    last hard: no hard for me, thanks
    last rest: Friday
    lyrics: oh yes! Loooooved the movie. Thought it was brilliant.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

lmh, totally lovely! I cant wait. Glad your tooth settled, now the throat needs to behave

alehouse if I wasnt likely to get my club place I would definitely have entered, 10th one, need to go sub 4.15, oh I could have had a field day!

sweep will vote for you too

dont know todays lyrics, dont think

what: club race tonight now I did this course 4 weeks ago and a few pounds heavier, lets see what we got!

why: league race at hog hill cycle track

last hard: sunday

last easy yesterday  was

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Thanks chickadee. So you think two weeks between Brighton and Paris HMs is enough time? I just checked the Hal Higdon training plan I'm intending to follow for VLM. Brighton (17th Feb) about fits in with an 11 mile run at easy pace I'm meant to do on the 16th... If I just take some effort out of the shorter runs immediately prior to this to make up for the harder pace I'll inevitably end up going for in a race? And for Paris (7th March) it has me doing 13 miles on 9th March, so I can just change that round a bit. Agree on your lyric related verdict! Good luck sweep.

• GGG: 2 weeks between HMs should be ok but don't race them both flat out. If HH has you do 11 miles easy on Feb. 17 why not use the Brighton half for some marathon pace practice? MP is hard on your own but great in the company of others. It's nice to cruise past those runners that went out too hard and are dying towards the end image. Then go full blast in Paris and get a PB image

• What: Gym later, treadmill and weights and stuff

Why: I haven't been in forever

Last hard: last week, oops

Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: YES, for the first time I've got them! Must say I was getting really sick of the song on the radio but it worked really well in the film. I actually want to see it again, such a good movie!!!

Semi de Paris yes yes yes GGG! Also got hopes set on Berlin and am nabbing GGG's Shakespeare HM place. Need to book these places ASAP!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

aha hh now I think I know the song today....

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

no I know I know...

• Wabo, thought I might have been a little too obvious... Oops!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

probably not obvious but I did see the filmimage

• Great advice, thanks chickadee. Off to Paris we go hansyhobs!!

• GGG: indeed, good advice from Chick! Pretty well what I was going to suggest! And still no wiser on the lyrics!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

Reporting back in sorry been awol Got busy at work so its been work and sleep had nearly a week off well apart from Sunday but back again tomorrow no rest for the wicked

Went for a run today planned on running across a nature park locally that even though i've lived here a year never run in this one that was aborted as big puddle in way and wearing only my kinvaras wasn't confident they would be grippy enough (or how deep it was) but did 4.58 miles though

What: 4.58 miles
    Why: get running  again
    Last Hard Ages
    Last Rest: Last 2 weeks
    Lyrics i do now

• Good to see you Pammie, and thanks for the comment on the P&D thread, Chick.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

GGG and HH go for Paris...

I wont be in the comp as doing VLM

Good hard session earler, 10 min warm up followed by 6x6 mins at threshold off 60 sec recoveries (.90m, .93m, .92m, .93m, .95m, .93m) on a rolling / undulating route.. and then a 10  in cool down....

Good to have you back Pammie

• Evening

What 8 commute
    Why Time to get back
    Lyrics Yes saw the film on 26/10 with pp2 and freind.

Had my 2 week break so time to loosen up, base build and then target VLM.

Thought about the Paris comp but am already commited to VLM and thinking of going faster still.

As for training plans, use them as a guide otherwise they get a bit stressful.

• Evening

Thanks RFJ/Alehouse

No Paris for me, I'm  going to Milton Keynes

• Welcome back, Postie! I agree with regard to training plans, both in terms of them being a guide, and also the stress. Of course they are trying to suit everybody, and one size doesn't fit all...too many variables: weight, work, experience etc.

I now know the lyrics: thanks dearest daughter!

• What: 14.5 miles mostly in daylight, very wet and muddy underfoot.
    Why: half day and felt like doing something relaxing (and near gale force winds didn't materialise)
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: today, if you see what I mean image
    Lyrics: haven't a clue (even with HH' hints)image

Still haven't got round to looking at races for next year. Work's been too busy and stressful. Certainly intend going to Cape Wrath again (crazily thinking about entering whole week)image

I've never followed any training plans other than my ownimage

• Evening

ale: Yeah that whyIi chose BA Robertson and 'Bang, Bang' yesterday.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

evening

oh my club is booked for cape wrath, so wish I had holiday to spare!

I had a good race!! 3.2 in 28.07, my fastest time on this course! image

not a 5k pb but course pb 

• Well done Wabo! Onwards and upwards! Soon you'll be doing that in the middle of your mid-week long run!!