Options

SDW50

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options

Thank you, everyone, for nice thoughts.  I must be the only one who frolicked up Alfriston hill, grinning from ear to ear, because I was finally getting to do the hill I didn't do last year.  Couldn't believe how short it seemed!  (As an aside, I disagree with those who say its the hardest in the route.  I reserve that honour for Southease.)

Ultra Shaz:  well done on keeping going.  It's the ones that don't go to plan that show what we're made of.

Is anyone else suffering from The Hunger?   I swear I can't keep up.  Breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, dinner, second dinner, snacks.  Made a curry which would normally last me for four days.  Gone in one and a half.  I have no idea where its all going!

Cheesy, SVP100 will be summer, so no cold cramps.  You'll leave me in the dust!  And I know what you mean.  Inspite of having done various ultra length events I've always felt a bit of a fraud (I'm a hiker, dammit) but now I feel I'm legitimately an ultra runner.  Even if I did walk most of it.

• Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭

I wouldn't say frolicked but certainly enjoyed the Alfriston climb!

I think the 2nd part of the Southease one is tough, but the first part is pretty level. Well, once you have got through the gate. That short bit to the gate feels steeper than it looks!

Hope everyone is recovering well!

• Options

I can stand up and sit down since wednesday image and went for a run wed night, although only a slow 3 miler just to get some movement back!

Prior to that I needed assistance on pretty much anything that involved actually moving my legs.... image 

Southease is ok all the time your working across the hill and then back, but then you turn to go straight up the rest of it. By the time I got there, it was almost vertical image