Options

Running group or running buddy in Tooting Broadway

Hi everyone, 

I have just moved to Tooting Broadway and I am looking for a running group or buddy. Unfortunately most of the running groups already on here I would struggle to get to after work. 

I normally run alone, but I am new to the area and its also now dark very early in the evenings so I think I'd feel safer running with other people!

I've been running for about six months (so definitely still in the beginner stages). I am looking to run three times a week - two week days, around 5:45pm/6pm and one day at the weekend, preferably in the morning. 

Typically, I've been aiming for 5- 6km during the week and then around 8km at the weekend. Gradually I'd like to increase my distance too.

I am friendly, easy going and have bags of enthusiasm for running. It'd be nice to get into a good running routine now I've settled into Tooting.

So if you're in the area and you're interested, please let me know image

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

Your evening runs are too early for me, Sophie, but I might suggest as a potential solution joining a local running club - or at least looking into it. I'm a member of Wimbledon Windmilers. The club does track sessions on Saturday mornings at Wimbledon Park, speed sessions on Tuesday evenings from the rugby club at Barham Road, off Copse Hill, hill sessions from the same place on Thursdays and, probably more to your liking, runs of lots of different distances and all abilities from the windmill on Wimbledon Common on Sunday mornings. You could also turn up if you liked for Wimbledon Common parkrun at 9am on Saturday mornings - again, it meets near the windmill and people of all abilities run. If you investigate these or other running clubs, you might find people in the same boat as you who need running partners during these dark months. I know, by the way, that the Herne Hill Harriers train at Tooting Bec, and there are running clubs in Streatham and Tooting itself. Should be easy to google. Good luck.