Serpentine New Year's Day 10K

Anyone mad enough to enter this? I don't have any NYE plans yet so might sign up if nothing comes along!

Comments

• I wouldn't leave it to long HH as it sells out I beieve.  I've never run it, but it's popular...

• Oh thanks for letting my know, didn't realise it would be so popular. Might sign up and if I end up having a wild time on NYE (likely, maybe) I can forgo as it's only £15

• I did a Park Run on NYD after getting home at 3am.  I was a bit slow, but it cleared ny head!!

• Hangovers hit me pretty bad these days, I wonder how many people have been sick doing this race?

• if they are, I'll clearing it up as I marshall this for my club. do come along because it's always a great way to start the year!!!

• I have entered (after checking last year's run times image)

• all speeds welcome (and I'm talking about the running, not the throwing up)

• With all due respect baldbloke, I have done club organised runs which were promoted as newbie friendly/all speeds considered and when it came down to it the field was very very fast.

I know a lot of that is mostly down to who turns up on the day, but I have learned my lesson the hard way and now I check the results.

That said, I was very reassured by the differing finishing times for last year for this race and so was happy to enter.

I am quite excited about it actually.  Will beat the normal lazing on the sofa.

My only hope is that there is a good Public Travel service. Or I can drive to outer London and get the tube in

• I'm on the list! High hopes of making it along but yes, hope travel's not too much of an issue....
  • I'm signing up tomorrow if there are still places!
  • And I'm slow when not hungover so heaven knows what I'll be like on 1st jan!
  • Looks like a good one!! I like the 11am start are there still spaces ?
  • Website says only 3 spaces left! so think there will be loads miss out!

• I have a confirmed place but cannot make it now, sadly. Anyone interested?
  • Anyone know what the parking is like in Hyde park? I know there are car parks in there but never used one?
  • A spare place is still available if anyone would like it....?

• Am disappointed to have found out race entry closed already......was looking forward to running first 10k of 2013!

• Lady Lark - is the spare place still available?

• Parking is very pricey in the area! Last year the Underground was pretty poor as well!

• enjoyed that

free parking wasnt a problem at all

• Bumping the thread to mention that entries are still open for the Serpentine New Year's Day 10k 2016 - kindly sponsored this year by Start Fitness. Expect to close 20th December.

Same friendly race with fast, flat course. Hope to see you there!

• Is there a nice technical tshirt as a memento for finishers? I did look at the serpentine website but couldn't see one mentioned.

Thanks.
  • Hi VDOT52. There is a medal for all 10k and 3k fun run finishers, and an additional memento for all completing the 10k, but no T-Shirt.

Please do message me or mail nyd10k@serpentine.org.uk if you have any further questions.
  • Thanks for the swift reply wizlyn.

It's s shame about the lack of s tshirt as that is one of my 3 deciding factors when it comes to entering a race (as is price and location which are both bang on).

I'd have imagined that Start Fitness could in future sort out some shirts for next to nothing.

Cheers.
  •  

Sorry to disappoint on the t-shirt front, VDOT52.

Start Fitness have been great - and have helped us out on a number of things.

You struck the nail on the head when you described the race - our priority is to put on a great race in a fantastic location, for a really reasonable charge - which means we need to strike a balance around gifts/prizes.

• Aside from my preference, the trick with s tshirt is that it is great advertising. People don't wear medals for training runs or to parkrun. Tshirts create a conversation and generate interest,

If it is the same course as the winter series 10k then it'll be a good run.

Best of luck.
  • Flat and fast, 2014 was poor weather and I ran shocking which didn't help..

I travelled up from Southampton via coach and had no troubles getting to the park even with winter wonderland on

May consider going back this year actually, well next yearimage
  • Scott, it should be a good race with plenty of good runners there to spur you on. I'm not training because I've been ill but I've earmarked that course for a PB attempt early next year.

I hope the weather is good this year for you.