What's the best way to circumnavigate a cattle grid? I come across several in runs through local parks which double us as grazing land. Several options come to mind:
1. Slow down, take a couple of strides across the grid and off (my current option)
2. Don't slow down and risk breaking neck by catching foot in grid.
3. Stop and cross delicately (option preferred by a runner who hared past my elephant pace, only to have me catch him up as he crossed the next cattle grid.)
4. Don't bother with the grid, open the gate and run round.
5. Take up high hurdles and learn how to vault over the fence.
On a (slightly) related note, how does one run past cows? I know a cow isn't going to hurt me but they're (generally) much bigger than I am and they tend to glare at me as if to say that my running is adversely affecting their grass eating.
Enough bovine antics ...