Copenhagen Marathon

1155715581559156015611563»

Comments

• yep... Happy 2012 CPHers image
  • Hi all, I have been looking at doing a marathon after several halfs...can you tell me a bit about Copenhagen.

Is it good for my first one?

Flights are reasonable at the minute but is the race experience itself any good?
  • snake-hips... I've not done this one, but have supported it.  Yes is the short answer.  Its a great race as I think everyone on here will testify to (if they ever log back in ).... image

Accommodation is easy too..  If you are not fussy and want a small but convenient place to crash then check out the

Cabinn Scandinavia  

Vodroffsvej 55, Frederiksberg, 1900 Copenhagen

Its not luxury and it's not big, but it's cheap, clean, safe and close to the start.  It's locally refered too as the Squeeze Inn.  image

• I am wondering... should I delete the bookmark for this thread? I am sure I would find it in the latest posts thread as its still active...... isn't it!
  • Still active, it's up to us to keep it so.
  • Bit like keepie-uppee in slow mo!

How are you both?
  • Hi Paul a
    Am sure you won't remember me. I also ran the 2005 CPH marathon and met you and 'snapstinget' and 'erica' in the hard rock cafe afterwards.
    Anyway, if you do, how the devil are you? I see that you have now run 100 marathons! WOW!
    What is your PB now? Your favourite marathon/s to date?
    I have only run 12 marathons since then but decided to go for CPH again this year as it was such a fab experience...happy memories.
    Did you ever run it again or do you plan to?
    Is Snapstinget still running?
    So many questions!
    Would be good to hear from you image
    Regards
    Jo AKA Choco (cant remember my online name from way back in 2005!)
  • Hi Mabel

Assuming you were Daisy D back in 05?

I'm great and no on 107 marathons so guess it is fair to say I've kept the marathons going since my very first in CPH. Last 2 years have been pretty mad with about 75 marathons.

Snaps is quiet these days but is involved in Danish Park Runs and still active I thnk. Send him a message as I'm sure he will still be involved in CPH somehow.

Hope you are good, enjoy the return to CPH.
  • Good to hear from you Paul.

Yes, you are right, I was Daisy D - can't believe I forgot that!

107 marathons! That is some achievement - where's the next one? 

Looking forward to my return to CPH - I will certainly try and get in touch with Snaps

Bye for now image

• London next, Shakespeare the week after.
  • Hi mabel40, yes, I remember you image

I won't be running CPH but if any Brits want to do a parkrun the day before, we've now got three in Copenhagen image I'll be at Amager Fælled which is celebrating its third birthday on 19 May.

• Hello!
    Snap - Good to hear from you. How r u? So, no CPH 26.2, do u run marathons any more?
    I will not be running the park run, think I need to save the legs for the 20th. Is Amager Faelled one of the park runs?
    I am flying over on Friday evening with my partner and a couple of friends. Very much looking forward to another visit to the wonderful wonderful city! image

Paul a - How did it go in London? image
  • Not bad @ VLM, 3:08, most importantly it was a great day out with a lot of friends.
  • Fab!

I agree, going to events and meeting up with friends is what it's all about!

• Stand clear.......charging to 360........

Merry Christmas CPHers image
  • LOL.... indeed, a very merry Christmas all CPHers (past, present and future)... Is downtown Ribe connected to the interweb?  image

The Snapsmeister might not realise that the thread woke up! image

• Well it is time for me to let this thread drift off into obscurity like most CPHers past. Thanks for all the fish, it's been fun.

• Time to make some new CPHers. Off this evening. Sunday weather could be OK - showers seemed to have moved earlier, to Saturday morning, according to www.yr.no

• It was a good day. The conditions were almost perfect until it started raining on everyone over about 3:20. Even then, it was just about warm enough that it wasn't a problem if you snagged a bag or blanket at the finish.

I can't say I liked the course for speed. there were probably over thirty bends of 90 degrees or more, ie street intersections. There are some nice parts in historic places and by the water. The start is easy to get to from the subway and has many hotels in the area. It helps that it is not in the town centre.

Oddly enough, I ran the exact same time I did in Boston 4 weeks ago: 3:23:56. Since then, I am a year older, so this counts as a WAVA pb image

• The marathon was interesting, I took part in it in 2019. Then, he became my first marathon: https://androshchuk.com, and at the same time, my acquaintance with this distance began.