Options

Wyvern Xmas Cracker 10K

Comments

• Options
    I think you're fine so long as it's consential
  • Options
    bring the turkey to the party and we can cook it, although sweaty head stuffing isn't my fave (tastes too much like my mother-in-law's)
    and bring plodding piglet as well...i like roast suckling.
    JPVD.
  • Options
    I'm happy to assure you that the turkey has consented & has not in any way been 'groomed', threatened or coerced into appearing on my head!

The FFF pb attempt is to break 60 minutes. Seeing as her last race (9.5 miles off road) was run at below the required pace, it shouldn't be much of a problem. My pacing role is to keep each K between 5:30 & 6:00 - anyone wanting to join us is welcome.

I'm not used to running at this pace, so accuracy of pacing for the first couple of splits may be a bit suspect!

• Options
    Glad to hear the RSPCT do not need to be called out! The Yeovil contingent will be based more at the "Get you round" pace setting, including as we do a heavily pregnant lady in her last run before the happy event - which hopefully won't come on Sunday, as there are none of us in the groupo fast enough to go for hot water and towels! I shall be dashing backwards and forwards through the group no doubt, and will tell if you are pacing FFF too slowly 70 minutes!

Jean Plod - Sssshhhh! Don't spoil the surprise for Piglet, who obviously doesn't know about the "First Race Initiation" at the bonfire on the beach!!

(Plodding Piglet - I'm joking!)
  • Options
    boing...

Kit update:

1049 Santa suit (life after 40)
    320 santy hat,tinsel and(maybe)green tutu
    1277 tinsel/bauble belt & (poss) santa hat
    409 70 Minuntes - Turkey on head & holographic red tinsel(while pacing FFF for a pb)
    1314 FFF - Christmas hat with plaits & holographic red tinsel(but still going for a pb!)
    1027 - Mrs Santa suit and hairy legs
    18 Mixy - green tutu
    616 - some kind of hat and shed loads of tinsel!!!
    1496 tinsel in my hair, and a piglet t shirt
  • Options
    We should arrange a pre-race meeting, any ideas for a rendezvous point?
  • Options
    how about on the beach :)

sorry, seriously though, how about by the college...
  • Options
    oh dear, I see that my name is entertaining the troops...and if the initiation to running the first race is a barbeque on a spit....well then I'm in BIG trouble! Especially with a name like Piglet. JPVD, I dont know if I want to meet you....I dont think you like talking pigs...
  • Options
    it's better than talking bull, which tends to be my problem!
  • Options
    Boingy boingy....it's nearly here!!!!

Kit update:

1277 tinsel/bauble belt & (poss) santa hat
    409 70 Minuntes - Turkey on head & holographic red tinsel(while pacing FFF for a pb)
    1314 FFF - Christmas hat with plaits & holographic red tinsel(but still going for a pb!)
    18 Mixy - green tutu
  • Options
    no way plodding piglet, i love talking pigs. they taste great!
    JPVD.
  • Options
    how many talking pigs have you met, then?
  • Options
    whatever happened to Babe anyway JPVD <suspicious look>
  • Options
    I'm now leaving work for the weekend - see you all at the College on Sunday morning!!
  • Options
    I must have got something wrong in life. I only get to post on the forum when I'm NOT at work!

Not long now - really looking forward to it. Update to list:

1277 tinsel/bauble/sweeties belt, xmas pudding hat and red nose (have had a bit of a cold!) ValP
    18 Mixy - green tutu
  • Options
    Assume the college is near the start or race HQ? If we're going to meet there, what time & where at the college?

Hope to meet you all on Sunday!
  • Options
    race starts at 11 so 10 to 10.15ish maybe. I will also have to meet up with fellow club members (Hogweed Trotters) for team photo at some point.
  • Options
    That'll do, pig. That'll do.

hey, i am off to catch the train!
    Toothbrush? Check. Race number? Check. Train tickets? Check. Santa hat and tinsel? check.
    this is gonna be insane. hope to see you all there at the college around 10:15
    number 320, white shirt and green and blue santa hat!
    JPVD.

• Options
    green and blue santa hat?!

Not long now - really looking forward to it. Update to list:

1277 tinsel/bauble/sweeties belt, xmas pudding hat and red nose (have had a bit of a cold!) ValP
    18 Mixy - green tutu
  • Options
    OK, for two years I've been a "running" widow (or perhaps that should be non-running), so I know the form. Pre-race you eat lots of pasta, rest and certainly don't drink alcohol. So my pacer, Turkey Head (AKA 70 minutes)is not entering into the spirit of things. He's sat drinking wine as I type and went for a two hour run this morning! He clearly thinks pacing me is akin to a walk in the park. And... he won't let me put tinsel round my number!!!
    Are these grounds for divorce?
  • Options
    Not true! (it was 2:15 & at least the wine is red).

Looks like I'd better make a good job of this pacing!
  • Options
    absolutely FFF! His only redemtion is if he gets you through in a good time
    see you there later
  • Options
    Noticed the thread have never posted on the forum before, never ran in an event before until the Cracker today.Therefore just set a PB for 10k!!(still on a high) enjoyed the December sunshine on Weston beach and the flat course and friendly atmosphere.Is 45 a good age to start a running career???
  • Options
    OBinLycra - You've got it right! Started mine when I was 45 with the Great West Run.

Life after 40 - Good to meet you this morning. I'm happy to report that the turkey & I achieved redemption status; I'll leave it to FFF to post the details.
  • Options
    Well done FFF!! Very nice to meet you this morning too on sunny sandy weston beach.
    I finished in 52.59 according to my watch, disapponting as it was over 4 1/2 minutes slower than PB, but have never run in full santa suit before...so it's a santa PB
  • Options
    Anyone doing Clevedon Boxing Day??(Bitten by the bug)
  • Options
    Does anyone else think that the 3K marker may have been in the wrong place? We took a very long time to get from 2K to 3K!
  • Options
    I'm doing Clevedon old bloke...
    I don't know about the 3k marker...I didn't check my time til 5k and that seemed about right, although come to think of it I'm sure I should've had a quicker second half but I was 26 1/2 min at 5k
    Still waiting to hear how you all did today...
  • Options
    I did a pw, by about quarter of an hour!