It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hi (apologies in advance for really long thread ! )
I'm fairly new-ish to running. Hence, experience runner required. Hvae recently injured my foot by overdoing it (metertarsal liquid relased) and not progressing with running. One could say 'like a bull in a china shop' lol ...
Use to play football and netball etc when younger. I currently attened the gym reguarally and do BODY ATTACK and a few other classes each weeks or every now and again.
My aim is to successsfully cross the BUPA GREAT SOUTH RUN IN 2013 for I think the 10 miles.
Then If all goes well then possibly a Marathon the following year , then who knows ! ....
I believe I can achieve this ...
The only barrier as it were, is a 'programme' as have limited knowledge.
1) How long should I run for each week?
2) How frequently should I run?
3) What should my distance build up be. So week 1 7miles then 8 , 9, 10 and so on ... ?
4) As part of my gym work outs should I do lots of weights / strength exercises ?
5) Would: 2 classes at gym (each are approx 1 hour) AND 4 specific running weight / strength training sessions of 45 mins each at gym AND AT THE MOMENT FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS 3 RUNS A WEEK. ????????
Is that normal / okay to do without over training and getting an injury.
or is there anything else runners could recommend.