Winter Running Jacket

Can anyone recommend a good (re:cheaper the better!) winter running jacket for the very cold and damp December/January mornings?

Comments

• Hi Sean - I got a View From jacket from M&S last year - not the lightest jacket in the world, but waterproof, reasonably windproof, has reflector panels and now emerging for its second year.
  • Or see if your local Aldi have any of their rather good microfleeces and waterproof running jackets left.
  • I picked up a fleece and running jacket from Aldi this morning for £19.98 - tested them out this afternoon and in the cold wind they were great.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    I goy one of those winter Wind/rain proof jackets from Aldi less than a tenner bought the trousers as well £19.01 in total

Not tested yet as i had already run
  • LizzyBLizzyB ✭✭✭
    At the other end of the scale I have two Lowe Alpine ultra-lightweight running waterproofs (can't remeber what they're called).

They are windproof, waterproof sooo light, pack away really small and look good too ...

but they cost £100 ...
  • I swear by (amongst other things)my Buffalo windshirt. It's Pertex so it's windproof, light and breathable with loads of zips everywhere.
  • try the start fitness link on the right there ,just got a good mizuno jacket for £19.99
  • Just bought a Ron Hill windproof jacket with illuminous piping from Run & Become (Nr London Victoria). Will test it out later in the week. Cost £42 and is very light. I think two or three lighter layers in cold weather should be sufficient.
  • has anyone found a windproof/waterproof/lightweight/breathable jacket with a hood?

I know I'm a wuss, but I hate the feeling of rain trickling down the back of my neck. Particularly as I have long hair so the ponytail/plait conducts water straight down my back!!!