Running Club in Putney/SW London

Hi there, I am running the London marathon for the first time next year, and as much as I can run on my own, I have been told I need to do interval training and fartlek training in order to improve. My mum, who has run 4 marathons in the past, said she trained through a running club in Glasgow who really pushed her and improved her time dramatically. However, I can't seem to find a similar club in South West London. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Come and join us in Run Club London, we train all over the SW in Earlsfield, Putney, Richmond, Clapham etc. We've pretty much got something going on around the capital 6 days a week with lots of speed and conditioning sessions plus long group social runs on the weekend building up to London/Paris/Brighton in April.

Feel free to check out our website (www.runclub.co.uk).If not I've heard Ealing Eagles are pretty good fun if you're over in that direction so lots to choose from.

• Hi Victoria,

I run for Clapham Chasers and we run a Tuesday track session and a Thursday interval session - usually around Battersea Park with a complete range of abilities. We set off on Mondays (social run) and Thursdays from the Nuffield Health Club gym relatively near Clapham Junction.

Best,

Bryn
  • I can't believe you can't seem to find a similar club; having lived in greater London and studied in the north east have to say that south-west London has one of the biggest choice of running clubs. The atmosphere that you are looking for, convenient training times etc will dictate which suits you best. Google these:

- Clapham Chasers (as stated above, based in Battersea Park)

- Wimbledon Windmilers

- Hercules Wimbledon AC (more track based than the above methinks)

- Thames Hare & Hounds (Kingston way)

- Stragglers (also more Kingston way)

- Ranelagh (Richmond)

Hope this helps!