Bradford City Run 10K

Hello

Can anyone from Bradford let me know what this route is like, is it a fast PB course ?

Its a 2 x5 k loop

Starts in city park, Thornton road, Listerhills Raod, Shearbridge Road, Easby Road, Round uni and back down Thoronton Road 

Comments

• I'm not doing the race but from my knowledge of the area and looking at the route here http://www.bradfordcityrun.com/run-route-2012.php Thornton Road is a gradual incline and Listerhills Road a more severe incline,  Downhill section from the 2Km marker back to Thornton Road.

I wouldn't imagine it's a potential PB course unless you're quick uphill image

• It's not going to be a PB. Looks to be quite uphill. Mind you everything in Bradford is uphill, even the downhills.
  • What's a good time for this 10k?
  • Well it's lucky I wasn't planning on a PB then!! image Not with "Pain Barrier" the day before!!! image

• Think it's first couple of k up, then a few down. Then obviously the same for lap 2
  • Was the route short? I think I and a number of others did not go onto easby rd
  • I didn't go down Easby either.  i only clocked 8.5km at the end.

• The race was 5.38 miles or just shy of 9k,

I am a race director myself so I know is hard to put a race on, and I believe today's mistake was due to a Marshall send us the wrong way

BUT

You have to get these things right, the Marshall's have to know the route
  • Beautiful day for a run but judging by my time it was the best part of a mile short (or perhaps I have made an amazing breakthrough with my training !)

• Clearly I was wrong when I said it wasn't a course for a PB.

Although I did assume that the course for a 10K race would actually be 10K in length  image

• Bit pissed off as according to garmin, if I'd managed to keep,up the pace for the full distance that would've been a PB. mostly because it was so bastard cold all I could think was "go faster and you might not die of frostbite"
  • If it was a club event, well you could understand them maybe being short of marshals on a cold morning......BUT a pro events company could pay marshals, & make sure they actually know what they are doing.

I paid them for a 10k, & it was a mile short, down to them not telling a marshal what they should actually be doing....NOT impressed......

• My family and I have done over 100 races (7 of us racing regularly over several years) with this race organisation and have never had a problem ever before.  In fact, they have always been way above average for race organisation.  I have marshalled for them a few times too and everything was clear and triple checked. Can only presume this was a one-off screw up by a marshall that may not have followed instructions. Gutted for you all and gutted for them.