Monday 26th November 2012

Morning.

Lyrics - When I passed you in the doorway

No-one needs me to tell them yesterday's lyrics do they?

GGG - well done. The Hayling 10 is an old race that wasn't' run for several years - can't remember whether it was difficulty with road closures or what but I wasn't a runner when I lived on Hayling. I've run the Billy Trail a few times on visits back though.

Dustin - well done to your daughter, amazing results.

What:                  short, easy run
Why:                    all I'll have time/daylight for
Last hard:            17/11
Last rest:             23/11

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning LMH.

What: something gentle, possibly some foresty hills.
    Why: working from home today and then a manic week of work (5.5 days in a 5 day working week...not sure how I'll fit it in...) so need to get in something today!
    Lyrics: not today

Dustin good result from your daughter!
    GGG Well done on the pb.  Listening to the radio, most of the UK is underwater, you were lucky for no rain during the race by the sounds of things!

Have a good one all.

• Morning

Rest day today, as know I've a hard hill session tomorrow with the club.

Well done GGG image

Lyrics... Nope.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning!
    LmH - thanks - she was very pleased.
    GGG - well done at Hayling, I know a few of our club did it, not one I've tried but perhaps next year.
    what - something easy, & routine massage tonight. I'm expecting some tough loving with the hammy, even though its behaved the past week
    why - easy like a monday morning
    lyric - i think so
    have a good week!

• Morning!

Double well done to GGG and well done HH and Sweep.

What: walk, exercise bike etc

Why: trying to get some background fitness.

Lyrics: I think so, and if I am correct it has been too cloudy.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: work and rest

Why: weekend over

Last rest: 22/11

Lyrics no

GGG well done
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

3.25 miles completed, first 1.75ish straight up the hill and then a slightly gentler route down again image

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - had to google, recognise song and band but still wouldn't have got the lyrics

GGG - congrats on the PB.

Dustin - careful with the hammie. I'm also back at physio today.

Back later
  • Thanks all. LMH the Billy trail was the best part of the route, quite muddy but absolutely beautiful. I had music in one ear, and the sea in the other. Quite a novelty for a city runner!
    What: Nothing.
    Why: Rest after Hayling 10. Calves a little sore.
    Last hard: Yesterday! Awaiting official results but Nike+ said 1:28:40. I managed 1:29:39 at Cabbage Patch.
    Last rest: Friday.
    Lyrics no.

• Morning all...AWOL, busy weekend with young people, rugby, tkd, alcohol etcimage
    Lyrics, No but kickself involved post google
    What: Core session in the gym
    Why: Signed up for 2 per week until Christmas
    Last hard: This morning's sesh
    Last Rest: Friday
    AH: How you doing? Big bro had same and now on the mend. Not best time ever but good recovery.
    Congrats to all runners/racers this weekend.....off to catch up on what was missed.

• another AWOL reporting back in.

Ale: read about your bad news image . Understand the sympathies bit and so forth but still hugging you bigtime, ok?

Will leave my posting at that for today ...

• Thanks Chick! Not the best of times, but, hey, it could be worse!

Straycelt:  I'm going to try to email you!!

What: 1800 metres walked, which is a new post achilles distance pb, but it was much slower than yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi all

hope all was ok, also been awol over the weekend

what: track later probably

why: not run all weekend

last hard: yesterdays gym session was

last easy: all day saturday, race cancelled due to river rodibg bursting its banks!

have  agood day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon but feels like evening

Yep AWOL again but chances are it will continue till the big day starting to get properly busy

So little running/cycling not much but that will have to do for now

Ale keep fighting i know you said you didn't want sympathy

Wabo well done to your team yesterday image sorry no smilie hoping we can salvage something on wednesday  our next game

GGG i'm supposedly down for the NYD 10km good race though got the 5km in Hyde Park on Friday which will be interesting

• Alehouse - you know you either go for distance or speed when building back up, not both in the same outing image

Hope you get good news from the physio Tom.

A nice 6 miles run with the dog in order to make the most of the limited daylight opportunity. River has been over its banks but gone back down though it had just started raining again as I arrived home.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I know, LMH, but should have said today's walk was deliberately slower!

Good to see you Pammie. I will be there on Friday...but unfortunately only in spirit!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all

well done GGG PBs are good image

What 5.69m with Jnr at Club
    Why - - Monday session
    Last Rest - Fri
    Last Hard - Parkrun on Sat

Take care

• And another awol. Hi everyone.

What: nothing today... but still thinking of the fantastic run yesterday...  Up to the top of a big hill in North Wales... then found this fantastic route down... long long stretches with smooth grassy tracks, the perfect gradient, where I could belt downhill at full speed... splash splash splash.... but not so steep that you had to put the brakes on (too often!).  Still exhilarated.. and a month after my marathon... I feel like I've really got the desire back. Can't wait to go out tomorrow. And regretted getting back from work so late tonight.

Sorry alehouse.. don't want to make you feel bad with my joy! ... but it sounds like you're progressing...  keep up the hard work.

Lyrics... No.