Happy St Andrew's Day.

Happy St Andrews Day to all of the Scottish people on here. image

Comments

• Seconded.

Please vote Yes in your referendum image

• Aye, isn't this the start of the haggis hunting season?image

• You know.... Go to Hadrian's wall and stare into the cold, desolate featureless mass to the north

• Dont forget to buy a deep fried mars bar while youre there

• Remeber what we've done for you lot....tv, tarmac, mackintoshes, penicillin, antiseptic, marmalade, whisky, porridge, shortbread, The Dandy and Beano, Dunlop tyres, Carnegie,  Alex Ferguson, Gordon Brown...(maybe a step too far thereimage)
    But thanks for the sentiment

• i am already there. ive asked around and nobody seems to have the first clue who st andrew was/is and if there is a day to celebrate him/her.

are you sure?

• It's a wee town on the east coast with an English Universityimage

• the dude abides wrote (see)

i am already there. ive asked around and nobody seems to have the first clue who st andrew was/is and if there is a day to celebrate him/her.

are you sure?

From the time I spent up there they seemed to celebrate st steve from govan on monday, st phil from scotstoun on tuesday, st john from rutherglen on wednesday etc.....

• We know how to partyimage

• You certainly do image

• I like Scotland

• googled it. bit disappointing. no dragons or owt. obscure saint who was executed. good enough a reason to party!

• Straycelt wrote (see)

Remeber what we've done for you lot....tv, tarmac, mackintoshes, penicillin, antiseptic, marmalade, whisky, porridge, shortbread, The Dandy and Beano, Dunlop tyres, Carnegie,  Alex Ferguson, Gordon Brown...(maybe a step too far thereimage)
    But thanks for the sentiment

and not to forget thesteam engine, adhesive stamps, telephone, bicycle, translation of the bible, penicillin, aesthetic.........image

• toffee, heroin

• He was an apostle wasn't he? No 1 choice and also patron of Greece and Russia. St Peter's brother too.

• My calendar says it's a Scottish holiday today .......not sure where, certainly not for my place of work.

• Maybe it's ecclesiasticalimage

• Is that just on the outskirts of Glasgow ?

• Fiona J wrote (see)

My calendar says it's a Scottish holiday today .......not sure where, certainly not for my place of work.

not officially. but my Bidie-In has the day off. being presbyterian she of course went in anyway.